Clay Co. @ York

Bulldog22

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got some info. Jon and Rich had 21 each, Saylor had 16, Casey 15 and what seemed to be a big 4th quarter, Bobby 6, and Tyler 4. Sound like the refs are startin out the season the same as always, callin it really, really tight. Must have been at least 50 combined fouls, maybe even 60 or 65. I expected the close game at this point in the season. The boys are still getting comfortable in their roles, and they have to find a leader. There is no shortage of canidates, but one of them will have to step up above the rest. Someone will, but it is gonna take some time.

Clay Co. looked awesome in the first quarter and build up a good lead...around 8 or so, but York stormed back and even went up by 5 in the 3rd quarter. Way too many fouls, but they were pretty much evenly called. Clay Co. will need to step it up a bit though if they are going to be the team everyone expects. I was very impressed with York's hussle. They might not have a big star like they usually do, but I think this York team has the most potential I've seen from them in years. Usually they don't play up to their potential, but this year it looks like these boys are ready to play. They do have talent...Dustin Buck and Daniel Harding were very impressive, Bryant Tipton's three's made a big difference too. I don't want to mention everyone, but everyone who played gave it their all. Way to go! Bobby Stockton was hurt and Clay's trainer said he looked like he may be out for the season. That's a big loss as he is a great player. I hope it isn't as serious as they thought last night. Clay did go back up by 12 with 3 minutes to go, but York cut it to 4 with 17 seconds to go.