Knox Central Bobcats

TheJudge

Wow, someone from Bearden on a football thread giving advice about respect. What other great wisdom can you bestow upon us from the almighty Bulldog Football program? Don't you have a soccer game to get ready for or something?

hehe .... cold .... i heard Central just scored again in the first half against Bearden to make it 182 - 0 ..... j/k Bearden fans ... sorry . :thumb:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please Cats beat Maryville I know no one believes in you all but I do. I am so tired of seeing Maryville in Murfreesboro. I think that you all will see a totally different Central team Friday Night. These boys are tired of getting pushed around. Get em cats from some of your old freinds at camp.

Knox Central is a good football team , but as long as Maryville remains in class 4A they will never be great ,Maryville is a great team that is in Centrals head the way Spurrier is in Fulmer's . Maryville expects to win and referrs to Murfreesboro as Shields stadium west they will be there again this year.

Knox Central is a good football team , but as long as Maryville remains in class 4A they will never be great ,Maryville is a great team that is in Centrals head the way Spurrier is in Fulmer's . Maryville expects to win and referrs to Murfreesboro as Shields stadium west they will be there again this year.

Central is a great football team, regardless of who else is in their class. Maryville has just been a little bit better over the years. Your Spurrier analogy is right on the money though. (unfortunately) :thumb:

Well, then it never gets better probably. One of two things is gonna happen. Maryville, Central and Powell are all growing at roughly the same rate in student body size, as far as I can tell. That means they'd probably all 3 move up to 5A in 2009. So, Central is stuck with Maryville, no matter what happens.

The other thing that might happen is that the TSSAA might slide the scale on what consitutes each division 1A thru 5a, student population wise. If that's the case, Central and Powell might stay in 4A in 09. Someone with more insight into Central and Powell's growth rate and student population size currently could answer that question better...medman...HTV?

Well, then it never gets better probably. One of two things is gonna happen. Maryville, Central and Powell are all growing at roughly the same rate in student body size, as far as I can tell. That means they'd probably all 3 move up to 5A in 2009. So, Central is stuck with Maryville, no matter what happens.

The other thing that might happen is that the TSSAA might slide the scale on what consitutes each division 1A thru 5a, student population wise. If that's the case, Central and Powell might stay in 4A in 09. Someone with more insight into Central and Powell's growth rate and student population size currently could answer that question better...medman...HTV?

Central has had about 1400 kids for at least the last 15 years. Fountain City is not growing in population and without changing the area of the school zones, Central will stay in 4A for quite some time. The area of rapid growth in Knox County is in Powell and Gibbs zones. (and of course west K-town, Karns/Farragut)

Powell would be the only school mentioned that would probably have to move up to 5-A due to growth, but I don't know if their school is physically big enough to handle that many students. They might have to adjust the zone areas.

If all 3 schools did move up to 5-A it wouldn't matter. We've already shown what we can do to their "big" teams

Central has had about 1400 kids for at least the last 15 years. Fountain City is not growing in population and without changing the area of the school zones, Central will stay in 4A for quite some time. The area of rapid growth in Knox County is in Powell and Gibbs zones. (and of course west K-town, Karns/Farragut)

Powell would be the only school mentioned that would probably have to move up to 5-A due to growth, but I don't know if their school is physically big enough to handle that many students. They might have to adjust the zone areas.

If all 3 schools did move up to 5-A it wouldn't matter. We've already shown what we can do to their "big" teams

Central would be a lot better if they could keep the Fulton coaches from talking stud players into going down Broadway to play football...looks like they'll have to work harder during the offseason so they can go back to the 'Boro next year.

Central would be a lot better if they could keep the Fulton coaches from talking stud players into going down Broadway to play football...looks like they'll have to work harder during the offseason so they can go back to the 'Boro next year.

You're right, it's not fair- we rightfully stole, I mean recruited, I mean "got a transfer" for Reggie Cobb (Central and UT alum) back in the 80's and now his brothers go to Fulton.

Wow, someone from Bearden on a football thread giving advice about respect. What other great wisdom can you bestow upon us from the almighty Bulldog Football program? Don't you have a soccer game to get ready for or something?

Hey, that's funny.....how many rings do you have on your fingers? And mine isn't from soccer, so don't go there.

That's real funny. A team has to start earning respect somewhere, and I think we made headway with that this year. We're at a different point of repect for our program than Central is. Give us time.

Sorry to hijack this thread. Everyone has respect for Central that knows anything about Knoxville high school football. Friday night is for pride, not respect.

i seriously doubt you are making headway in football, i mean seriously man, everyone knows you all are garbage every year. but anyways, congratuations on your cheerleading state championship ring, i know your parents were proud

That's nice. Real mature too. Making fun of something someone worked hard and earned. You are impressing everyone. I know Maryville fans aren't jerks, so I'll just take you as an exception.

Edited by BHSfootball