AAA mt juliet vs heritage

best players: cait mcmahan heritage

keke stewart oak ridge

laKendra phillips ridgeway

jessica mooney hillsboro

I agree with mjuhb. Bring it on !!!!!!

My picks:

If the brackets work out:

A Jackson Co over Gleason in the final (Gleason to upset Clarkrange in semis)

AA York Institute over Dyersburg in the final - Brandi Brown can handle Holloway! I would think that Showtime would know that... :D

AAA Wilson Central over Heritage (who knows)

Ms Basketball Finalists:

A

Hudson- Gleason

Ramsey- Clarkrange

??? Ross Twin- Jackson Co

AA

Holloway- Dyersburg

Brown- York Institute

Dudley- Gibson Co

AAA

McMahan- Heritage

Stewart- Oak Ridge

Pickel- Bradley

Brandi wins Miss Basketball this year but I don't think Duduley is one of the top three. Thomas has got to be in that mix. Don't see all three finalists from east Tennessee. Cait wins it of course and it will either be Pickel or Stewart whichever one has the best stats for the year will be on it. The third from West Tennessee. State champ will be Shelbyville or Heritage. MJ might be a sleeper and come through. Dyersburg wins state in AA because nobody canstop Holloway. The girls a hoss. Don't know much about A but if i will go with Jackson County. They were pretty much the team to beat always in AA so stepping down should be the winner. Ramsey is the only name I know in A so I guess i will go with her as the Miss Basketball.

I don't know about Jackson Co., but you WILL NEVER be impressed with Chester County before January! I have been a fan for years and years, and that's the way they operate. Ask any team that plays them early and again late. This does not make them a bad team. It's just that they figured out that beating a team in Nov-Dec doesn't put them where they want to be in FEB-MAR! I've seen Chester put out some of the so-called best teams once tourneys hit. It's sad that you have to get on this sight and bash a bunch of girls that worked hard, got a shot, and made the most of it. Bad karma goes around!

I'm sorry but everyone is entitled to their opinion and mine is that Chester County is the worst team to ever win a state title. I watched them play all three games at the state tournament and they were still not very good. Their first round game was the worst game I have ever seen at the tournament. It was boring and they were lucky to win. Watching Chester County play was about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Having said all of that they are still State Champs and no matter what anyone says no one can take that away from them.

Has anyone seen Stewart play this year? She has dominated since her freshman year in the post and has been a top player but I definitely wouldn't consider her to be one of the top players this season. She has gotten a lot slower and isn't in that good of shape. I saw her play recently against Heritage and she didn't impress me at all. I'm sure there are better candidates than her out there for Miss Basketball. Someone who works hard in the off season as well as the season. You can't let yourself go when you're a ball player.

I'm sorry but everyone is entitled to their opinion and mine is that Chester County is the worst team to ever win a state title. I watched them play all three games at the state tournament and they were still not very good. Their first round game was the worst game I have ever seen at the tournament. It was boring and they were lucky to win. Watching Chester County play was about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Having said all of that they are still State Champs and no matter what anyone says no one can take that away from them.

If they were so bad, why didn't THE BEST step up and beat them?

They may not have had a team full of talented players, had the best shooters, best ball handlers, tallest players. But, what I saw was a group of girls who found a way to win and were coached around their shortcomings. Yes, they were the underdogs, And yes, according to the press and everyone else they should not have won (probably shouldn't have been there). Not to mention half the team had the flu.

The "no matter what anyone says, no one can take the State Championship away from them," speeches need to stop. Each one of you ARE trying like heck to make light of their accomplishment. I only hope that someday when your team wins that others won't act as petty as some of you have shown on this board. I am very disappointed in some of the posts from some of the people on this board. :huh: All you have to say is "congratulations" and move one. Win with class and lose with class. Anyone could have won, it happend to be CC's year. And on those three days last March @ Murphy Center, those girls were ahead on the scoreboard when the buzzer sounded. Therefore, I say "Congrats" to the CC girls for what they accomplished last year and good luck to them and everyone else across the state during this new season. Hope to see you all in Murfreesboro this year!

Edited by birdie

Well Vegas looks like you do listen after all.

Class A

Clarkrange - is much better than everyone else in Class A that I have seen. Brown is a good coach but last time I checked Rogers had about 7 Gold balls to his credit. Jackson County is a good Class A team NOT GREAT. I love to see those bone heads get on hear and say we might as well give the the gold ball now just becaused they moved down. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Remember you heard it here first.

Class AA

Dyersburg - Gets the knod. They have a very good point guard who does a great job running their offense and she will flat D you up. Not to mention one of the best young post players in the state. York - guards not as good as Dyersburg. Brown probably better right now. Cumberland County will make some noise this year and could get to the Glass House. Please don't mention the worst team ever to win a State Championship.

Class AAA

Heritage - Maybe that I'm just want to see Cait win won. Wilson Central could be right there. Shelbyville - If Burkey can find a point guard they could make a deep run.

Just my opion. :ph34r:

SPEAKING OF BONEHEADS I WOULD LIKE TO REMIND YOU THAT YES COACH ROGERS HAS 7 GOLD TROPHYS TO COACH BROWNS MERE 4, BUT LETS REMEMBER THAT COACH BROWN IS ABOUT 35 YEARS OLD AND COACH ROGERS HAS BEEN COACHING FOR NEAR 35 YEARS. NO DISRESPECT TO COACH ROGERS, HE HAS WITHOUT A DOUBT PROVED HIMSELF AND HIS PROGRAM BUT LETS COMPARE APPLES TO APPLES. SEE YOU IN MURFRESSBORO, I'LL BE WEARING BLUE!

What about Powell? I haven't heard anyone mention much about them this year? Even though they lost Erin Ogan, that doesen't mean they aren't still a strong team. Expecially since Hollifield is only a Jr. and will be there for the next 2 years. How do you guys think they will hold up?

Edited by stats101

How many starters did Wilson Central lose from last year?

Wilson Central lost 2 starters... Gassie and O'Connell. WC will have a very good inside game but who's going to get the ball to them. Gassie was the heart and soul of last year's team and she will be missed. O'Connell was the starting point guard and probably their best 3 point shooter. Calhoun the sophmore is expected to be the point guard this year. She's a gunner but I don't know about her ball handling.

District 9-AAA is without question the toughest district in the state. Tennessean ratings had Mt Juliet #1 and Smyrna #2 and Wilson Central #6. Nough said.

Mt Juliet lost Clark and that will be a big loss but with basically 4 starters returning (if you classify Van Atta a starter, which basically she was) the Lady Bears will be a force again.

Smyrna lost nothing and will be very strong.