Freshman

mr.giggliefly33

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

station camp's John Jenkins averages 16 through the first 5 game (varsity games). he is bout 6'2" and can flat out shoot, even with a hand in his face. And unless you're about 6'8" good luck at blocking him cause he has a unique shot with a high release. Scouts keep your eye on this 14 year old varsity dominator.

until I see another kid with the freakish athletic ability of Nick McPatrick of Siegel I will not consider any others.

Kid is ridiculous...Final minute of game tonight vs. Oakland and he is running back on defense and jumps OVER a defender, so he wont pick up his 4th foul, and lands on his feet. Somehow they call a foul although the only thing the defender felt was the wind from him flying over him. One of the craziest things I have seen at a frosh game. Kid is one of the fastest most athletic players I have seen. Def will hear from him some more

Others that I know of that will make noise as freshmen are Thad McHaney of BA, Evans Webb from Lipscomb, Daniel Parker - BGA, Joseph Sloan - MBA, and Drew Bledsoe and DJ Key of Fairview.

Definately agress, those are all very good players. Played the last two from Fairview last night and they were strong. DJ had a great game. I guess that means 40% of their starting line-up were some of the best. They did wind up losing to a strong "team" with no superstars however, by 22pts at home.

Definately agress, those are all very good players. Played the last two from Fairview last night and they were strong. DJ had a great game. I guess that means 40% of their starting line-up were some of the best. They did wind up losing to a strong "team" with no superstars however, by 22pts at home.

Saw Dickson Freshman play last night. No superstars but played good beating Rossview. They have a player that I think his name is Adams that also plays with the varsity. He seems to be the best one. They had a big guy that scored several points and blocked shots. Not sure who he is. Rossview has many good players. Fun game to watch.

Saw Dickson Freshman play last night. No superstars but played good beating Rossview. They have a player that I think his name is Adams that also plays with the varsity. He seems to be the best one. They had a big guy that scored several points and blocked shots. Not sure who he is. Rossview has many good players. Fun game to watch.

Again, not saying all those guys aren't the real deal, it's just interesting and fun to see the other teams fans compliment a coach who wins with no superstars. Good to see team ball, defense, patience, and execution.

Are all these names "best players" or "best scorers"? Are these opinions based on stats including stops, rebounds, assists, blocks, shot percentage, etc. or just points? Points in loses don't count too much, they may have even hurt the team. For my money I'll take the earlier mentioned Drew Kelly. He's not only a scorer, but a defender, rebounder, passer, runner, worker, and all with a good team attitude.

The big guy on Dickson freshman is Daniel Rial. He is 6'6" and is a good shot blocker. He can score if he gets it near basket. I played with him on the Cheatham Stars last summer. Nice guy.

cj holt from culleoka is definately a good freshman with alot of potential...hes about 6'3 and he absolutely works for everything he does....he fights for every rebound, contests every shot, hustles on every play, and he loves doin it...hes the kind of guy your glad is on the team....you'll hear more from him in the future

Edited by culleokarep