Great Season, Greenbrier!

EZBeingGreen

Although the Greenbrier Bobcats have played their last game for the season, they have surpassed our expectations, and have come away with a season full of memorable moments on the football field. Last year's Greenbrier team passed on lessons, experience and a legacy that this year's team of new Seniors leaders did not let go of. This team and all it's Senior players have made this community, school and staff so very proud. We love ya, Cats! Way to go.

2006 Senior Class Football Players of Greenbrier High

2 Justin Pigg WB-LB

12 Troy Dill FB-DE

15 Geoffrey Sanders SE-LB

17 Kyle Herndon QB-DB

24 Jeremiah Roberts SE-DB

27 Josh Suter K

54 Dale Krisle C-LB

67 Devan Robertson G-DT

73 Jim Sorrells OT-DE

82 Zach Reasoner TE-DE

83 Joe Dan Cornette SE-DB

These Seniors have lead their Bobcat team in season wins against the likes of David Lipscomb (12-7), DeKalb County (46-7), Marshall County (20-14), Station Camp (34-0), Sycamore (19-0), Pearl Cohn (7-0) Macon County (28-17) and White House (20-10). The two season losses were to PJPII and Cheatham County.

Greenbrier's seniors exit with 40 wins, the most in school history, and one of the most surprising seasons in Greenbrier. This Senior team has also been part of the 2003 and 2004 5-3A Region Champs, as well as the 2005 4-3A Region Champs, and part of the 2004 AAA State Finalist team.

Again, way to go guys. You've done Greenbrier PROUD and YOU ARE THE ONES!! :angry:

Edited by EZBeingGreen

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... thanks EZ... this means alot to us seniors...

40 wins... Ive never sat down and counted them... It all just went by so fast... But it was fun...

I say a special thanks to our coaches, school and the community for all the support they gave us and also for believing in us!!

On a side note... Dustin Webster wasnt with the team by seasons end... .and you cant forget about our "livesaver" kicker Josh Suter

In the two games I got the honor to watch these guys, they really left everything out on the field. I was impressed with the heart of these seniors. And you guys always showed class, not only in victory but also in defeat. Which is not only a reflection of your parents but also your coaches.

You had a great high school football career, unfortunately as mentioned above, it goes by all too fast.

I wish you guys the best in luck with things to come. :thumb:

I hate to say I told you so...but I told you so about the Greenbrier bunch way before the season.........NO ONE and I mean NO ONE from any Greenbrier class wants to be known as the class that let things slip......The bar was set high for everyone.

Too many kids running around town wearing that Green .....I would venture to say Greenbrier has several years left in this run. This years seniors numbered only 10???.....that can only mean good things ahead.

Congrats on a fine season!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow... thanks EZ... this means alot to us seniors...

40 wins... Ive never sat down and counted them... It all just went by so fast... But it was fun...

I say a special thanks to our coaches, school and the community for all the support they gave us and also for believing in us!!

On a side note... Dustin Webster wasnt with the team by seasons end... .and you cant forget about our "livesaver" kicker Josh Suter

GreenbrierFBall, Thanks, I wasn't sure about Dustin because I was going by memory with the help of an old roster. I don't know how I forgot Josh though, he put added points to all those wins! Again, we can't say enough about this team. I sure am going to miss watching all of you play.

I hate to say I told you so...but I told you so about the Greenbrier bunch way before the season.........NO ONE and I mean NO ONE from any Greenbrier class wants to be known as the class that let things slip......The bar was set high for everyone.

Too many kids running around town wearing that Green .....I would venture to say Greenbrier has several years left in this run. This years seniors numbered only 10???.....that can only mean good things ahead.

Congrats on a fine season!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great kids they are, indeed. I've been closer to a few of them than the others, but in a close-knit community like this, by season's end we cheer for each one of them like they're our own. It was an awesome sight to see virtually a community waiting outside the locker room last Friday and to have a long applause when they emerged. I did read your post in early season and we weren't as sure as you seemed to be, but sometimes we can't see the intangible legacy that has been left by classes before. This was a great team, including the Seniors and we can only look forward to more classes like this one to come!

I made a couple of corrections, and there are 11 instead of 10. Just one more to follow the footsteps of.

Congratulations to the Senior football players of Greenbrier. I have kept up with all of you from the southern side of Nashville just because of the amazing successes you have had since I've been living here. You boys have the support of true fans that obviously follow their sports teams faithfully. As the previous post says, it all goes by so quickly, but you can take your great years with you in memories that your community will long remember. Congratulations again. I wish all of you and the Bobcats the best for many years to come.

There's so many things to say about these Seniors and this team. I won't name them individually because they were the embodiment of the word TEAM. They have showed belief in themselves and in each other, and I love to see the brotherhood they have on and off the field. They not only play together, but they care about each others thru the good and the bad times.

Boys, as it has already been said, it's been OUR pleasure to be your fans on Friday nights, and all week long. You've left mental snapshots in my mind from this season of plays that left us all stunned and amazed. You've played with the determination to make a difference, and nobody can take that from you. Thank you boys for your hard work, all the practice you've been through, and all the pain of getting hit, and getting up to do it all over again. As always, THE Bobcats are our Pride.

Good luck to all the team, and especially the Seniors from Greenbrier, where we all have witnessed that "Piggs can FLY!" :D

Way to go Cats. What a great run and great season. It has been a pleasure to watch you boys play. Good luck in the future!

Maybe Coachhard or another poster could answer you better. I am not sure about these particular boys' plans, but I know personally that we have many recent Greenbrier football players on college teams from Austin Peay, Tennessee Tech, Lambuth, Cumberland University, UT-Martin, etc. The Greenbrier coaches encourage GHS graduates to pursue their goals and to do their best, on and off the field.