Mississippi vs Tennessee

Tigersteve44

Most people in Memphis are aware of the best team in Mississippi (Bastesville's South Panola High). Most people in Mississippi refer to them as South Panola U. The Tiger has outscored foes 1,584 - 379 in a 40 game winning streak. They have been ranked in the USA Today Super 25 top ten for the last 3 years. Can Riverdale beat them? :D (Take a look on Germantown fared against them this year.)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Just as I suspected. There is no knowelege about any teams outside your own little worlds. It's a shame. :thumb:

OK, you beat a down Germantown team this year. As to knowing about 'other' teams that is why R'dale went to Ohio and beat one of the better teams there.

As to seeing South Granola vs R'dale, I would pay to see it. I don't hear of the coaches there racing for the phone to try and play R'dale either.

As to 'National Ranking', R'dale is there on some of the National Ones as well. For instance on the Tony Bianco one they are ranked 7th nationally. They are also ranked in the top 25 on Prep Nation as well. As to the USA poll, there have been more on it that have gotten beaten than any other 'National Poll'.

Now I will put R'dales schedule up against SP's any day and see who fares better.

OK, you beat a down Germantown team this year. As to knowing about 'other' teams that is why R'dale went to Ohio and beat one of the better teams there.

As to seeing South Granola vs R'dale, I would pay to see it. I don't hear of the coaches there racing for the phone to try and play R'dale either.

As to 'National Ranking', R'dale is there on some of the National Ones as well. For instance on the Tony Bianco one they are ranked 7th nationally. They are also ranked in the top 25 on Prep Nation as well. As to the USA poll, there have been more on it that have gotten beaten than any other 'National Poll'.

Now I will put R'dales schedule up against SP's any day and see who fares better.

AMEN LOD you're all over them! :thumb:

You must be bored tiger.Beat It!

THE SQUAD :)

AMEN LOD you're all over them! :thumb:

You must be bored tiger.Beat It!

THE SQUAD :)

I 'really' would like to see R'dale play South Panola. Like I also wanted to see R'dale play Hoover in Ala earlier in the year. It helps all involved as it exposes the young men to really tough compitition and gives them recoginition from the sports reporters from all over the US. I keep hearing how Texas, California, and Florida are so much better than Tn, that I am fed up with it. Tenn produces just as good of atheletes as anywhere, they just do not get the recognition.

Honestly, we don't even know who the best team in our state is, why would we worry about beating teams out of state?! I'd personally rather see a Maryville/Riverdale matchup. I know that Riverdale fans travel well, and Maryville fans travel better than most home town fans do. So that would bring in a lot of money. They'd have to play it at somewhere like Tennessee Tech to field the number of people and make it a neutral site. In case you don't know who Maryville is...ask Melrose fans.

Yep. Just as I suspected. There is no knowelege about any teams outside your own little worlds. It's a shame. :D

Ohhh big man, with ego. I'm in Va Beach, why don't you tell me alittle about high school football here. I mean Va does boarder TN, it's the same as Mississippi.... So you know about every high school football team don't you.... Oh, just as I suspected. "There is no knowelege about any teams outside your own little worlds"....

Most people in Memphis are aware of the best team in Mississippi (Bastesville's South Panola High). Most people in Mississippi refer to them as South Panola U. The Tiger has outscored foes 1,584 - 379 in a 40 game winning streak. They have been ranked in the USA Today Super 25 top ten for the last 3 years. Can Riverdale beat them? :D (Take a look on Germantown fared against them this year.)

Not many people in TN care...that's why not much response. It is semifinal week this week. I think most are focused on that. Maybe it would be a good postseason or preseason discussion.

I would love to see either Maryville or Riverdale play St. X from KY. They have a tradition almost as big as Maryvilles current one. Ive seen them play while I was going to school at UK. Great team, and as mentioned before both Maryville and Riverdale always have huge crowds for away games.

Edited by Khemikal