How is 125 looking across the state?

ZekeJones

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chattanooga Times Free Press this morning shows that Mikey Fuller (SD) pinned Tanner Johnson (WV) late in the third period. Can anyone attending the match last night verify this and maybe give us more details of the match? I have seen both of these guys wrestle. Both are very impressive.

If the newspaper post is accurate, congratulations Mikey. Tanner is a tough one!

Chattanooga Times Free Press this morning shows that Mikey Fuller (SD) pinned Tanner Johnson (WV) late in the third period. Can anyone attending the match last night verify this and maybe give us more details of the match? I have seen both of these guys wrestle. Both are very impressive.

If the newspaper post is accurate, congratulations Mikey. Tanner is a tough one!

yeah mikey was beating tanner in the 3rd period 10-0 then with about 10 seconds left mikey pinned him

• 2 weeks later...

Taylor Wynn- 3rd place at 125

Garrett Fink- 5th place at 119

and from what I've heard- Ben Johnson- 1st place at 112

I believe there are alot of 125s out there who are not ranked who will definatley make alot of noise at state!! Dedman of Smyrna, Proctor of Blackman, Pappas of Ravenwood, Shanes of Beech, 125 from Independence is not a bad wretler either. Townsend from Hendersonville is good also. That is just a few from the mid state area that are pretty good wrestlers.

I believe there are alot of 125s out there who are not ranked who will definatley make alot of noise at state!! Dedman of Smyrna, Proctor of Blackman, Pappas of Ravenwood, Shanes of Beech, 125 from Independence is not a bad wretler either. Townsend from Hendersonville is good also. That is just a few from the mid state area that are pretty good wrestlers.

Well you should get a good answer as to how many of these individuals stack up thanks to the Dog Pound Tournament this weekend. In attendance will be:

Jonas Gibbs (Ridgeway)

Taylor Wynn (SBA)

Garrett Fink (Braircrest)

Brian Dedman (Smyrna)

Shanes (Beech)

That is five of the individuals mentioned in this thread.

Just to give some history as well on this group:

Jonas Gibbs has defeated Taylor Wynn, but has not faced Fink to my knowledge.

Taylor Wynn and Garrett Fink are 1-1 on the season (Wynn won during Blackhorse and Fink won during a dual tournament, Wynn also won one during preseason).

Wynn has defeated Townsend of Hendersonville and Tisdale of Collierville (Tisdale did defeat Wynn during preseason).

Some of the other match-ups could be settled this weekend. The seeding for this tournament should be interesting with 3 returning state medalists Gibbs, Wynn, and Fink all in the mix.