Maryville @ Morristown West

FBEmeritus

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville can stop the run if they swarm to the ball and do not let the huge West line lay on them. West has huge backs but they are slow and don't hit the hole hard. Personally I think the FB #40 is the best. #3 doesn't run hard and can be stopped if hit at the line. Their Def. is average at best. As much as I'd like to see West win, I think Maryville will dominate this game. Maybe I'm a bit jealous after West scored with their first teamers last night with 2:00 minutes to go leading us by 21. South played as bad as they possibly could in this game and still led 20-19 towards the end of 3rd quarter. Then, the wheels fell off completely. If we had been playing Maryville playing this badly, we would have been down by 35. West would be a better team if they DID play some boys both ways IMO. #40 would make one heck of a LB!! Their O-Line is the real deal!! I see two D-1 prospects there. Any offers for them yet? Good luck to both teams!

Looking forward to this game next Friday.

I saw Mo-Town West play West on tape delay. They have 3 big backs in McCullough, Hale, and Ewing. They lined up in a power-I and mashed West behind Stevens.

However, they had trouble as most teams have this season in stopping West. I believe the final score of 41-38 in OT indicated that.

Mo-Town West is always deep and well coached. They are always well prepared. Should be a good one.

Maryville can stop the run if they swarm to the ball and do not let the huge West line lay on them. West has huge backs but they are slow and don't hit the hole hard. Personally I think the FB #40 is the best. #3 doesn't run hard and can be stopped if hit at the line. Their Def. is average at best. As much as I'd like to see West win, I think Maryville will dominate this game. Maybe I'm a bit jealous after West scored with their first teamers last night with 2:00 minutes to go leading us by 21. South played as bad as they possibly could in this game and still led 20-19 towards the end of 3rd quarter. Then, the wheels fell off completely. If we had been playing Maryville playing this badly, we would have been down by 35. West would be a better team if they DID play some boys both ways IMO. #40 would make one heck of a LB!! Their O-Line is the real deal!! I see two D-1 prospects there. Any offers for them yet? Good luck to both teams!

hey now, we played about as bad as we could also last night, had about 4 turnovers on drives leading to scores, it could have been around 35 to 6 at halftime. and the scoring with 2 minute thing, i hope your not trying to say we were a lack of class by doing so, cause we just ran it up the middle, and he just broke it. we werent trying to run anything up. great game south.

We fans from Mid-TN were just wondering if you all have decided to change the game to saturday night again this year?

Key point there and I hope not as it seems to be the trend in Morristown! Play football when football should be played on the scheduled date and time. No exceptions save for an act of God or lighting!

Now on to the game

Someone said "Maryville" would be scared!! Funniest thing I ever read, Maryville being scared. OF WHAT? I can tell you this there isn’t a RB in this area that the Maryville defense won't slow enough to nullify his impact and Maryville has nothing to fear. They are the undisputed champions and kings of 4A football in Tennessee until someone can beat them soundly and repeatedly. More west won the last contest when it mattered, on a cold, rescheduled time, when Maryville handed them 6 turnovers! Maryville was not the best team of the day, but was a better overall team without question. That's history, like Maryville's current 28 game winning streak.

This is a new day and Maryville will be there and ready to earn the trip back to the Boro to defend their state crown.

Scared is the feeling the other team gets when Maryville’s buses roll up to the stadium and the home team knows they have equipment turn in 48 minutes away from when the kick off occurs. Go Reb’s

MO-WEST is the only team to give Maryville a lost in the playoff & the reg season.

I do think Maryville will be able to move the ball on Mo-west defense, but can they

stop Mo-west power running game? Maryville has not played a team that run right

at them like Mo-west. If Maryville can stop Mo-west from running the ball they will

win by 3 TD. Looking for a great game.

PS: The last time Maryville came too Morristown they got beat!

bigr35 im going to have to disagree with u on this maryville will be able to move the ball on west. west "D" is good but not good enough to stop maryville "O". tallent and there fullback "tank" are dang good and there line up front might not be as big as west but they are just as good with there leading blocker in husky the left tackle hes pretty dang good.and as for can maryville stop west running? yes def. they have prob the best linbackes i have seen playand up front there pretty dang good too.but im not saying that west cant win cus they are able to but i just dont see if happing. good luck to both teams friday

Key point there and I hope not as it seems to be the trend in Morristown! Play football when football should be played on the scheduled date and time. No exceptions save for an act of God or lighting!

More west won the last contest when it mattered, on a cold, rescheduled time, when Maryville handed them 6 turnovers!

Let it go...this is 2005, not 2003. I find it hard to believe 20 hours would make a difference, and would expect a team as talented and well coached as Maryville is always adequately prepared and able to adapt to whatever circumstances may face them. There is no question Maryville is talented and well coached - they've certainly proved it over the years.

Let's let the kids and coaches decide things Friday night. Safe travels to the Maryville faithful during the trip to Morristown.

Were you at the same game I was at Friday? If West had not fumbled on the 10 and 8 yard lines in the first half that game would have been over at the half. And the Death Valley magic (also know as bad officiating) led to the only score that South had in the first half. South got the ball back after a terrible call on a West 3rd down completion the refs ruled the West reciever was out of bounds. He had both feet planted in bounds easily. So you can say South played as bad as they possibly could, but how about some credit to West that maybe there defense accounted for some of South's bad play. I mean it took South 15 mintues to get the first first down of the game after they were down 13-0 and could have been more.

Say what you want about #3 not running hard but he ran it hard enough to clip off 165 yards...alot of which came up the middle. And I saw #3 and #40 drag a few rebs for some extra yards. They were both big and tuff. I think you said it right when you mentioned "jealous"...don't be a sore loser and give some respect to the other team. MoWest could have easily put 60 on the board

Let it go...this is 2005, not 2003. I find it hard to believe 20 hours would make a difference, and would expect a team as talented and well coached as Maryville is always adequately prepared and able to adapt to whatever circumstances may face them. There is no question Maryville is talented and well coached - they've certainly proved it over the years.

Let's let the kids and coaches decide things Friday night. Safe travels to the Maryville faithful during the trip to Morristown.

I will let it go if it does not happen again. There are other facts around this issue that no one will be able to pry out of me, but trust me, they were unsettling but you’re are right it was 2003 and I won't go back to the issue again unless it occurs again. Enough of that. I know Morristown West (MOWest) will bring some game vs. the Rebels. I do not think regions 1 & 2 are near as tuff as region 3 or 4 in 4A. But none the less 13 and) is the best record possible to this point and demands respect in itself.

I will be studying up on the match up in the next few days and give you my best prediction by how many Maryville will win by! Go Reb's!