Maryville @ Morristown West

FBEmeritus

As much as I hate to admit it, this poster does have some truth in his statement. I have spoken with the some of the kids, and they would much rather Sullivan South would have won so they would not have to return to Morristown West in a playoff atmosphere. I am not saying for one second that they are scared, just maybe slightly intimidated.

Good luck to both teams and everyone have a safe trip to Burke-Toney.

(even though the kids aren't scared... I'm scared to death of them Trojans) :(

WHAT?!!!! This silly bunch of nonsense has to be tongue and cheek....don't get me all riled up like that. :thumb:

Edited by Rebel Nation

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! I wish I could see your face when your totally, completely WRONG. I remem plenty o games when NO ONE shaowed on your all's side....no one meaning roughly 1000 fans or less total.

If you have 1000 kids there, then someone bused them in. You've never had that many for a game with us...never.

I second that. We always fill our side, pack the fences 3 deep and then flow over into the motown bleachers where there are a ton of empty seats.

We can't hold it against him that he doesn't know how well we travel. Very few teams bring the crowd we do.

I'm out of the office for the next two days. Happy Thanksgiving to all, and if you don't hear from me before game time best of luck to both teams

My prediction:

Maryville 35

motown - 17

Anyone who suggests that the stats don't mean anything really is just wrong. Period. Statistics are a mathematical science that prevail in the very code that writes our universe. They fall just shy of the laws of physics in their ability to predict some things (that statement could be used to argue either for or against my point I know).

Will stats from the past help a team win on a given night? No.

Does a team have a better chance to win just because they look good on paper? No.

However...statistics do tell a story and they help to set expectations. They tell us objectively how good these teams have been up to this point in time. And per the statistics, Maryille has been the better team this season. As for setting expectations, here's what the stats tell me:

Both teams will score below their season average on offense, because both defenses hold teams below their scoring average.

Maryville holds teams to fewer points and scores more, so an objective observer would predict that Maryville has the advantage in this game.

That's what the numbers say, and it's up to motown to prove them wrong.

Now, we will settle this on the field on Friday night. Will Maryville be the best team that night? I hope so. I expect so, but we'll see.

Now big PAPA, that's a little better! See ya Friday!

I second that. We always fill our side, pack the fences 3 deep and then flow over into the motown bleachers where there are a ton of empty seats.

We can't hold it against him that he doesn't know how well we travel. Very few teams bring the crowd we do.

I'm out of the office for the next two days. Happy Thanksgiving to all, and if you don't hear from me before game time best of luck to both teams

My prediction:

Maryville 35

motown - 17

Ditto Big PAPA

MoWest-32

Rebels-28

Hmm? Maybe so. Last year's game wasn't in the deep playoffs. The year before thats game was on a saturday morning.

I wish I could see the look on YOUR face if you saw how many people norm. attend games at Morristown. It's a small town, not much to do, and when a team like Maryville comes to see us, we come to return the favor.

I'm not from West, or East. And Half the Kids from my school that's thirty minutes away are supposed to be there.

I'm afraid the only look you'd see on my face when you get to the stadium is a little grin on my face. :thumb:

I guess that school of yours 30 minutes away is no longer playing , huh ? Maybe your grin will be from knowing your getting to watch the defending and 8 time overall state champion Maryville high school in action . Hope you enjoy the game ! :(

Hmm? Maybe so. Last year's game wasn't in the deep playoffs. The year before thats game was on a saturday morning.

I wish I could see the look on YOUR face if you saw how many people norm. attend games at Morristown. It's a small town, not much to do, and when a team like Maryville comes to see us, we come to return the favor.

I'm not from West, or East. And Half the Kids from my school that's thirty minutes away are supposed to be there.

I'm afraid the only look you'd see on my face when you get to the stadium is a little grin on my face. :thumb:

Man Mobuck, you sure have turned into quite the MoWest fan, haven't you?

If West wins this one, and somehow happens to make it even further, do you realize how much more media attention our conference will get compared to if MoWest never made it this far?

you must not be familiar with the whole playoffs thing. you say if they win this one and THEN make it further.....well my friend, if they happen to win this one then they can't really go any further. i do believe the state championship is about as far as one can go. but dont' worry about it because mowest has made it far enough.....

Maryville- 28

Mowest- 20

Who wouldn't support a local team that's made it this far who plays in your conference? A retard maybe? If West wins this one, and somehow happens to make it even further, do you realize how much more media attention our conference will get compared to if MoWest never made it this far? I'd bet your just mad that Greeneville didnt make it to the playoffs :thumb:

I'm not mad or anything, just saying that you have become a big MoWest fan. MoWest does have a very good team this year and they deserve to be where they are right now. But they will have to bring everything they have Friday if they stand a chance at winning this game. As far as the game goes though, I see Maryville winning this one 42-28.

If you are from Greeneville, which I expected you to be, you're probably just still sore from the 48-0 that the Trojan's gave you :lol: Maybe you should become a hardcore West fan too, after getting whipped that bad, that's the only way to go. :D

Don't try to talk smack to me for trying to support the team that beat you and me, but you worse.

I wouldn't have posted anything on this, except for people putting things such as "I only appreciate west coming out to give maryville a light warm-up before the Championship".

Other than for remarks like that, plus I Live in morristown but go to a different school, I'm no bigger of a West fan than the next guy.

Where on this thread does it say MoWest versus Greeneville? Nowhere. We could talk about how Greeneville beat Cherokee, but thats not what this thread is about. I'm not trying to talk trash about anybody, you or MoWest. As I said in my last post, they are a good team and they deserve to be where they are. And I don't agree with people saying stuff like the game will be a light warm-up. But me saying that you were a MoWest fan, just lighten up a little bit and take a joke. I have nothing personal against you. :huh: Now, about the game. I hope to see a close one, but I think Maryville will win 42-28. However, MoWest can win this game if they get the momentum early in the game and keep it. But like I said in an earlier post, they will have to bring everything they got. Good luck to both teams.

Haha, well you've got me that Greeneville did beat us. But, then again, who got the chance in the Playoffs :lol:? All teams have bad nights, like cherokee, but, let's hope that West does bring their A game :huh:

Yes, every team does have an off night, but West better hope they dont have one on Friday. And once again, this board is not about Greeneville or Cherokee.

Home field means nothing in this game. West does not have a big following. Only brought about 500 people to South and in years past have not had many at home games either. Almost as many players as fans! They do have a good team though. Good O-line and big strong backs. I still see their speed as their downfall. South had more team speed but couldn't match their strength up front. I imagine Maryville will be able to match the strength and will have more speed. Maryville 42 West 20.