Lipscomb Vs. Covington

Ham83

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the Covington Game total Domination 25-7, Crockett could not move the ball on the ground at all.....I read that LExington couldn't move it on Lipscomb...sounds like its gonna come down to Defense next week...should be a good one. Thoughts?

Lipscomb will do whatever it wishes. The Lipscomb defense is better than an all-star team put together with the best defenders of Crockett and Covington combined. Plus, Covington runs the wing-T--and so does Lipscomb. Lipscomb sure as heck knows how to defend it. Lipscomb also runs the Wing-T correctly,

with lots of traps, as well as speed sweeps, "Sally," and the inside reverses. Mainly, though, they have a disciplined defense which will be too quick for the O-line of Covington. Lexington represented a bigger offense threat than either Covington or Crockett County--but they were one-dimensional. When Lipscomb stuffed their run, they had no place to turn. Covington probably has a better defense than Lexington, and seem to be better coached.

Need some help.

Looking to update the Mustangfanpage this week for the Lipscomb-Covington Game. Need to find a roster, newspaper who covers the game. What Covington's uniforms look like (Picture) What if anything is on their helmet. Please info here on Coach T. or visit

The Mustangfanpage and leave the info on our message board or send to me on email. Email icon is on the bottom index page on the Mustangfanpage. Couldn't find much on the Tipton County/Lexington High Site.

Thanks in Advance

Congratulations to both teams on their success this season. That said, I don't know about you guys, but I am excited that bulldog69 came over to this thread at the beginning instead of waiting until after the game. Covington fans, if you haven't encountered bulldog, the term broken record doesn't qualify. Allow me to draw a comparison... bulldog69 is the Yeah-Yeah of Lipscomb threads. In Nineteen Hundred Ninety-Three the classic sports movie "The Sandlot" was introduced to the world. Marty York was a young actor who won the role of Alan McClennan, affectionately referred to as Yeah-Yeah. 'Why?' some who have been deprived of this American classic might ask. Everything Young Yeah-Yeah ever said began with "Yeah" and was quickly followed by another "yeah." Bulldog, we invite you to stay so that these wonderful people from Covington can witness your prowess. Sportsfans, we invite you to observe the incredible talent of bulldog69.

Lipscomb will do whatever it wishes. The Lipscomb defense is better than an all-star team put together with the best defenders of Crockett and Covington combined. Plus, Covington runs the wing-T--and so does Lipscomb. Lipscomb sure as heck knows how to defend it. Lipscomb also runs the Wing-T correctly,

with lots of traps, as well as speed sweeps, "Sally," and the inside reverses. Mainly, though, they have a disciplined defense which will be too quick for the O-line of Covington. Lexington represented a bigger offense threat than either Covington or Crockett County--but they were one-dimensional. When Lipscomb stuffed their run, they had no place to turn. Covington probably has a better defense than Lexington, and seem to be better coached.

Yea, thats the same kind of stuff Greenbrier said 2 years ago.."Nancy". Covington was overlooked and it bit them like it may bite you guys. All the talk about the winner of DL and Lexington will determine state. I plan to see a good game, and don't expect an ###### kickin' on either side. But yall go ahead plan your Murfreesboro trip, book your hotels.....because with Covington, you have nothing to woory about. I like going into games with opponents who think like you..Its fun to see how they react to "shocking" things.

region5ac.jpg

The Mustangs would like to thank those fellow Region 5 Teams and players, coaches and their fans who came out and supported them in their game with Lexington. Special note to Creek Wood, Cheatham County, and Marshall County who were in attendance. Also nice to see a number of the Greenbrier staff on site.

We invite you back along with the other schools in our Conference (Region) and other midstate teams to the Reese Smith Athletic Complex.

Hope to see as many of you who can make the trip over! You will be treated well. Be sure and wear your colors.

Guest catfish-hunter

Covington's uniforms look like LSU's :thumb:

Lipscomb will roll behind another strong performance from that defense and the hard running of Matt Elrod on the ground.

I may come up and grab a couple of those ham & biscuits vandy1 :blink: