Union City @ Jo Byrns

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People will dismiss Union City from the mid-state area..UC hasn't been ranked all year...Jo Byrns is 13-0 playing at home...It will be like the Fayette Acd and JCS fans were..Some gave UC some credit,some gave them a little respect,but all in all people thought UC didn't have a chance....Let people continue to think it....

Union City and Jo Byrns have never played..Fans for each school probably know nothing of each program....I know nothing about Jo Byrns...How is the stadium??How big is it??What kind of condition is it in??How big a town is Cedar Hill??I hear that the Red Devils have never been to the state semi-finals..So,I guess this is the best season ever at Jo Byrns for football...I know Union City has been to the state play-offs 14 times..They have a 25-13 record..They have played for two 2A state championships(1997 & 2000),entering both games at 14-0 and ranked #1 in the state....I have seen some highlights of Jo Byrns on the Nashville TV station....Anytime you go 13-0 you have to be good and you have to be respected...

Union City's team and fans still have a AA mentality(I think).That's why UC fans have so much confidence in their team...Even when UC was 2-3 people thought and really expected the Tornadoes to be in this position.Union City is still unbeaten vs 1A competition at 10-0..I'm thinking UC has had their "bad" game..That being vs Fayette Acd.,winning only 6-0..JCS was a much better team than the Vikings and UC basically whipped them up front and took advantage of a big size advantage...Union City will bring a bunch of fans(close to Nashville and it's malls... B) )so they can make a weekend of it..I doubt Jo Byrns will have played a team with UC's size and athletic ability(Including Mt.Pleasant).What kind of competition does the region that Jo Byrns plays in have??

Union City will have to weather the energy the Red Devils will bring early in the game...Union City will have to stick to it's game plan..Continue to do what has them on this 8 game winning streak...This a senior dominated team that has been in alot of battles..They have played alot of very good teams(alot of bigger schools) during their four years at the school.They have a ton of confidence right now and are playing with that old Tornado swagger.....I think Union City will come in and play loose and win this game..No prediction on a score yet..That will come later...

Congratulations to UC on beating a very good JCS team! No one believed in yall and yall totally dominated, winning it 33-21 (was 33-14 until about 6 secs left, when JCS threw a desperate TD pass). I don't think UC will still be recognized and respected for their win tonight. I'm sure everyone will go for Jo Byrns, which I know nothing about except their record. But that's ok, UC hasn't been favored too much and they seem to thrive on it. It'll be interesting to see how this topic goes.

Union City is bigger, stronger, and faster. The passing game could help Jo Byrns and their defense is not too shabby either. Also they are a gutsy little bunch. But UC has already seen good passing games MP would have matched up better w/ the physicality and athleticism of UC. Union City will be too much.

UC 28

Jo Byrns 14

UC vs. Trousdale Co.

if you are going to jo byrns, bring lawn chairs.

not kidding, they can seat about 200 visitors at their field...

if they pack 'em like sardines.

but there is a lot of bare hillside.

the home stands are small also,

but fans back pickup trucks up to the fence,

and sit in the back on chairs & couches.

you wont be able to see very well from lawn chairs,

but you wont see well from the stands either.

there is not a good seat in the house.

however, you will be close to the action.

the concession stand food is good,

and the folks are friendly.

how big is cedar hill?

somewhere between chambers & harris.

the football field is one of a kind.

besides the seating right on the field,

the field itself has three crowns,

and they have a big net behind the far goalpost,

because the farmer who owns the field on the other side

will shoot them if they go over to retrieve a ball.

none the less, jo byrns has a good team.

they have been good for a while,

but have been unable to escape the terrors of pre-multiplier region 5.

i thought their record was attributable to a weak region this year,

but they are actually a pretty good team.

good size, but not huge.

good speed, but not blazing.

they run and pass effectively,

and play hard smart defense.

they do a lot of things well.

i know how strong ya'll are.

this should be a good game.

So far this season ive realized you cant judge a team by their size, Jo Byrns is 13-0 and they have been outsized about 75% of their games, but jo byrns continues to win due to their talent these boys have heart on top of heart, they will be bringing it all on next friday night, cuz their Boro hungry.

GO JBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jbs 28

Union City 7

So far this season ive realized you cant judge a team by their size, Jo Byrns is 13-0 and they have been outsized about 75% of their games, but jo byrns continues to win due to their talent these boys have heart on top of heart, they will be bringing it all on next friday night, cuz their Boro hungry.

GO JBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jbs 28

Union City 7

you right there bubba06 these guy's have so much heart and do not give up not one sec, of a game and we have faces a lot bigger than we are but big is not the best every time our guy's are strong and have gut's to step it up if need's to be let's do JBS 2 more baby :)