Union City @ Jo Byrns

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K. logger169...Go get your teacher to help you spell and put a sentence together..If you are not a student,then God help you.....First off,you don't know what you are talking about..You can't debate ignorance,so unless you come up with something I can understand(sentence structure)or can read(your pitiful spelling)I will stop with you...

Now on to Drew..What are you doing??..Play a down,then come trash talk..Nobody will be coming for you because you will be hid on the sideline....But,I guess you will be warm??

Here are few comparisons between the two teams...Will it matter??..I don't know..But,here goes....

Jo Byrns 13-0

Union City 10-3

Total won-loss record(regular season in region):

Jo Byrns opponents 29-43

Union City opponents 33-41

Total won-loss record(non-region opponents):

Jo Byrns opponents 14-18

Union City opponents 22-12

Total won-loss all opponents(regular season)

Jo Byrns 43-61

Union City 55-53

Union City has played one common opponent...Halls

Jo Byrns beat the Tigers 57-12

Union City beat the Tigers 54-7

Region record that Jo Byrns plays in in the playoffs 3-3

Jo Byrns is the only team in the region to make it past the first round

Region record that Union City plays in in the playoffs 4-3

McKenzie advanced to the second round

According to CoachT...Jo Byrns' strength rank is #2 with the 30th toughest schedule...Union City is #8 with the 19th toughest schedule...

I guess the most impressive win for Jo Byrns in the regular season was the over East Robertson,a team that ended the regular season with a 8-2 record but losing to 4th seed Richland in the first round of the playoffs...

You don't get it do you??...

While you guys have been playing all those 1A opponents for years,UC has been playing with and doing pretty well against teams that would destroy Jo Byrns....While I'm not going to compare Jo Byrns to say a Gleason or Greenfield,I would compare them to a Lake County,Bruceton or West Carroll and we all saw what UC did to those supposedly top notch 1A teams in the West Tn area...I would say that Fayette Acd and JCS are better than Jo Byrns and UC beat them as well...You guys keep comparing this game to a Mt.Pleasant...UC would not have had to come back from a 20-7 deficit to beat them...JCS gave UC a run for their money for about 6-7 minutes,then UC put the hammer down on them after they had made 20-0 deficit a 20-14 "game"with 2 td runs to up the lead back up to 33-14...Jo Byrns will come out fired up and have some good things happen to them over the course of the 1st two quarters...But,in the end Union City will come out on top with their size,speed and depth...I think Union City will even win by two or three touchdowns..Nobody is trying to scare anyone...LOL...Who would I be trying to scare??..You or a Jo Byrns player??..No,I don't think a little post on a high school football web site is going to do that..Get yourselves ready..You will be playing an opponent Friday night that will not be intimidated by their surroundings..And again as the Big Ones suggest as of right now,Jo Byrns is a 78% choice of people around the state..Only going by records my friend,only by records...And records don't win games and that gaudy 13-0 record isn't scaring anybody over here west of the Tennessee River...

Mt. Pleasant was BIGGER, STRONGER, and FASTER than we were and we still won. when all of their bigger stronger and faster players were tired and winded all of jbs's smaller weaker and slower players were running around them like they weren't moving. jb has been a better 2nd half team all year long mp found that out. and if i remember right before the new classes this year 8 of the last 10 class A champions came out of jbs's region(DCA, FRA, Ezell-harding,CPA) and we beat a class AA region champ this year(East Robertson) can you say that no i don't think you can. enough of the jbs is inferior if we were we wouldn't be in the semi-finals

You don't get it do you??...

While you guys have been playing all those 1A opponents for years,UC has been playing with and doing pretty well against teams that would destroy Jo Byrns....While I'm not going to compare Jo Byrns to say a Gleason or Greenfield,I would compare them to a Lake County,Bruceton or West Carroll and we all saw what UC did to those supposedly top notch 1A teams in the West Tn area...I would say that Fayette Acd and JCS are better than Jo Byrns and UC beat them as well...You guys keep comparing this game to a Mt.Pleasant...UC would not have had to come back from a 20-7 deficit to beat them...JCS gave UC a run for their money for about 6-7 minutes,then UC put the hammer down on them after they had made 20-0 deficit a 20-14 "game"with 2 td runs to up the lead back up to 33-14...Jo Byrns will come out fired up and have some good things happen to them over the course of the 1st two quarters...But,in the end Union City will come out on top with their size,speed and depth...I think Union City will even win by two or three touchdowns..Nobody is trying to scare anyone...LOL...Who would I be trying to scare??..You or a Jo Byrns player??..No,I don't think a little post on a high school football web site is going to do that..Get yourselves ready..You will be playing an opponent Friday night that will not be intimidated by their surroundings..And again as the Big Ones suggest as of right now,Jo Byrns is a 78% choice of people around the state..Only going by records my friend,only by records...And records don't win games and that gaudy 13-0 record isn't scaring anybody over here west of the Tennessee River...

Mt. Pleasant was BIGGER, STRONGER, and FASTER than we were and we still won. when all of their bigger stronger and faster players were tired and winded all of jbs's smaller weaker and slower players were running around them like they weren't moving. jb has been a better 2nd half team all year long mp found that out. and if i remember right before the new classes this year 8 of the last 10 class A champions came out of jbs's region(DCA, FRA, Ezell-harding,CPA) and we beat a class AA region champ this year(East Robertson) can you say that no i don't think you can. enough of the jbs is inferior if we were we wouldn't be in the semi-finals

ummmmm. yea there buddy i would say jbs has more heart, so no dont go there! when yall come back from 20-7 and win 21-20 then you can say u got more heart

Go JBS , stay focused and keep sending them home

Any team was not ranked the entire season and then comes to the Semis... Ya buddy thats heart. A team who last week was told had no chance what so ever to wins agaist JCS the way they did. You can say yall have more heart. But when it comes down to it. Really all this talk everone on here doesn't mean a thing. It all comes to Friday Night. When the lights come on, u strap up ur shoulder pads, put on ur helmet, and PLAY. Thats all that matters. Agree or Disagree. But thats the truth. Any team can be beaten on any night by anyone. All we can do is cheer our teams on. SO go ahead. Give Union City "bulletin Board" Information. But i promise you thats the last thing you want to do to Union City. Ask Jackson Christian Schools. :thumb:

Seriously what was the point of that....I just got on here and took up for the players getting on here and not trash talking..then you get on here doing that..

Your trash talking could be creditable if....you played......

Good Luck to the Tornadoes!

In Defense to Drew, that was not Drew's Post. Someone had gotten his password and written that. O and by the way.. I am so proud of our adults acting like children and making comments at players picking fun if they play or not. Truth is he works just as hard any the other players. And would be a starter at any of the other 1A schools in the UC area. HE just is on a team with some the best LINEMAN in the STATE

Union City is bigger,stronger and faster than Mt.Pleasant...All those teams you have mentioned are private schools...And none of them were Jo Byrns..So,with those teams out of your region, you are now in the playoffs,which I think overall you guys are 4-9??This year being the first time you have made it past the second round...No,Union City didn't beat a 2A champion,but not many people EVER beat Milan and Martin Westview..East Robertson showed their dominance by losing to 4th seed Richland at home in the first round of the playoffs..Even the 3A team that Union City lost to, beat at the time the top-ranked 3A team in the state(Covington)..Who by the way is still in the play-offs...That same OC team took another 3A top ranked team to the wire before losing in the final minutes...By the way that OC Rebel team had the 5th toughest schedule in all of 3A ball..I say all that to say this..The only teams that have beaten Union City this year are the teams that had bigger and stronger o-lines and stronger d-lines..You will not win a state championship without very good line play...IF Jo Byrns has a line that can boast players between 260-300lbs then they may have a chance over the long haul of the game...Heck,one of UC's linemen is 6'10" 300 lbs..Not bad for a 1A team..I just think Union City will wear down not just a smaller Jo Byrns team,but a much smaller d-unit...If I'm wrong about the size of Jo Byrns' o and d-lines then by all means correct me on it...I don't think they will be able to get to the corners against UC because of the speed UC has on the ends and in the secondary..That means they will either have to run up the middle,which I don't think they can do because of UC's size or they will have to go one dimensional and pass..McKenzie tried that with their all-state QB,Drew Hayes,they threw the ball all over the field,but couldn't contend with UC's strength which is running the ball and lost 52-33....As I have said before,Jo Byrns has to be good..To go 13-0 is exceptional..It just seems that now when your competition(private schools) moved up due to the multiplier is when you guys started winning many games...By the way..Union City has ended the season of the last two private schools it has played...

Any team was not ranked the entire season and then comes to the Semis... Ya buddy thats heart. A team who last week was told had no chance what so ever to wins agaist JCS the way they did. You can say yall have more heart. But when it comes down to it. Really all this talk everone on here doesn't mean a thing. It all comes to Friday Night. When the lights come on, u strap up ur shoulder pads, put on ur helmet, and PLAY. Thats all that matters. Agree or Disagree. But thats the truth. Any team can be beaten on any night by anyone. All we can do is cheer our teams on. SO go ahead. Give Union City "bulletin Board" Information. But i promise you thats the last thing you want to do to Union City. Ask Jackson Christian Schools. :thumb:

Alright, Jo Byrns has been counted out all year long. No one figured they would do this good and I even thought myself they would lose a few. I will agree Jo Byrns has not played a very tough schedule this year, but they still got the job done and very convincingly. Yall are saying that UC has played all of these 2A and 3A schools in the paast and that they are tested. SOme of these seniors have started or played for three years. They had to play DCA, CPA, Ezell Hardin, FRA, Davidson Academy for the past two years. Now when these teams are constantly compeating for the state championship, you are playing good competition. Now Jo Byrns is playing average 1A schools that are not loaded like they have been. THey are playing the teams that they are suppose to play. People have said the entire playoffs that once Jo Byrns played someone good they would lose. Well all three teams were suppose to be pretty good with three of the top runningbacks in the state. Did Jo Byrns fall? No sir. So don't think that we can't play football. I don't see how anybody with any knowledge could say this game is going to be a blow out. Both teams are good and only one can win. That makes for an exciting and close football game.

A lot of hype surrounding this game.. From what I've seen from UC and the research I've had on Jo Byrns, both teams deserve to be where they are playing for the right to go to the 1A title game.. Head for Jo Byrns has passed for 2142 yards and the Red Devils are indeed two dimensional with an outstanding running game led by Morris who also leads the team in receiving.. The Purple & Gold have

had a phenominal run vs. 1A opponents and have played exceptional defense in the playoffs :( The ground attack for UC has been great with Coleman, Bracey , Wardlow and Company and Simpson back to close to 100% after an injury early in the playoffs.. Sherwood is a solid QB who will surprise from time to time with accurate passing when the need calls for it.. This one is too close to call :thumb:

You know what they say in the playoffs, Defense wins out and this one should come down to who plays better on the D side and who limits turnovers