Union City @ Jo Byrns

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any team was not ranked the entire season and then comes to the Semis... Ya buddy thats heart. A team who last week was told had no chance what so ever to wins agaist JCS the way they did. You can say yall have more heart. But when it comes down to it. Really all this talk everone on here doesn't mean a thing. It all comes to Friday Night. When the lights come on, u strap up ur shoulder pads, put on ur helmet, and PLAY. Thats all that matters. Agree or Disagree. But thats the truth. Any team can be beaten on any night by anyone. All we can do is cheer our teams on. SO go ahead. Give Union City "bulletin Board" Information. But i promise you thats the last thing you want to do to Union City. Ask Jackson Christian Schools. :lol:

Your funny, ur sitting here talkin about how JCS gave UC no chance to win. Then ur coming back and giving JBS no chance to win. It bit JCS in the butt, dont u think the same could happen to u guys if u do the same thing. Just thought i would bring that up. Dont count anybody out this late in the playoffs. I could give u some stats that would prove that JBS is in the same league w/ u guys, but i aint gonna waste my time, cuz comparing #'s doesnt do anything. Just come and enjoy the game Friday, and u guys will see. I aint saying JBS will win, but it wont be a blowout.

Edited by bigtuck4242

Union City is bigger,stronger and faster than Mt.Pleasant...All those teams you have mentioned are private schools...And none of them were Jo Byrns..So,with those teams out of your region, you are now in the playoffs,which I think overall you guys are 4-9??This year being the first time you have made it past the second round...No,Union City didn't beat a 2A champion,but not many people EVER beat Milan and Martin Westview..East Robertson showed their dominance by losing to 4th seed Richland at home in the first round of the playoffs..Even the 3A team that Union City lost to, beat at the time the top-ranked 3A team in the state(Covington)..Who by the way is still in the play-offs...That same OC team took another 3A top ranked team to the wire before losing in the final minutes...By the way that OC Rebel team had the 5th toughest schedule in all of 3A ball..I say all that to say this..The only teams that have beaten Union City this year are the teams that had bigger and stronger o-lines and stronger d-lines..You will not win a state championship without very good line play...IF Jo Byrns has a line that can boast players between 260-300lbs then they may have a chance over the long haul of the game...Heck,one of UC's linemen is 6'10" 300 lbs..Not bad for a 1A team..I just think Union City will wear down not just a smaller Jo Byrns team,but a much smaller d-unit...If I'm wrong about the size of Jo Byrns' o and d-lines then by all means correct me on it...I don't think they will be able to get to the corners against UC because of the speed UC has on the ends and in the secondary..That means they will either have to run up the middle,which I don't think they can do because of UC's size or they will have to go one dimensional and pass..McKenzie tried that with their all-state QB,Drew Hayes,they threw the ball all over the field,but couldn't contend with UC's strength which is running the ball and lost 52-33....As I have said before,Jo Byrns has to be good..To go 13-0 is exceptional..It just seems that now when your competition(private schools) moved up due to the multiplier is when you guys started winning many games...By the way..Union City has ended the season of the last two private schools it has played...

First of all u talk of OC almost beating Covington, well East Robertson did beat Goodpasture and they are also in the semis this week, and have a good chance to get the gold. Also OC lost Dresden by 3 well I am pretty sure that East beat Dresden by like 20. Thirdly i dont know what u meant by we have beat the last 2 private schools but JBS is not a private school. Infact i will almost gurantee that JBS is the least funded school athletically, then any of the teams left in the semis.

Edited by bigtuck4242

First of all u talk of OC almost beating Covington, well East Robertson did beat Goodpasture and they are also in the semis this week, and have a good chance to get the gold. Also OC lost Dresden by 3 well I am pretty sure that East beat Dresden by like 20. Thirdly i dont know what u meant by we have beat the last 2 private schools but JBS is not a private school. Infact i will almost gurantee that JBS is the least funded school athletically, then any of the teams left in the semis.

OC didn't almost beat Covington they did beat them....but this ain't about OC.....

If ucplayer77 didn't make that post then I appologize for anything I said......

His comment was only to say that they have beaten two private schools before this one :thumb:

I talked to a UC player tonight, and all they are worried about is winning Friday night....UC will come ready to play, and be ready the Tornadoes are coming to town.... :thumb: