2005 Gomab Players Rankings (Fall)

gomab2

It's been a while since my last rankings. Here's a look at the Gomab 2006-2008 Fall Rankings. Top 55 for '06, Top 50 for '07, and Top 40 for '08. Full rankings will be available via subscription by December... These rankings may only be posted on here until January 1, so enjoy. There are some nice surprises in the updated rankings, so, let the discussions begin...

U can access all three from this page:

http://unapproved website.com/Gomab.html

how does marquis weddle go from number 14 to number 17 in the 2006 rankings,he is the best player in west tn with out a doubt, he is an all stater averaging 22 pts 7rebs and 5assists a game to me he is in the top 10. no one can guard this guy period and everybody who has seen him play or played against him knows it.in the hall of champions game he killed willie kemp and everybody else on the team.even though they lost but the team only had six to seven guys with their only post player fouling out early in the game due to the others in the post season in football.but i think those rankings need to be changed.i kno everybody hates uc but you cant take that away from this guy he earned it

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ramsey will most likely be 2nd or 3rd in this class? have you lost your dang mind? sorry to ruin your fantasy but he will NEVER be better than Young, Wright, Kemp, Chism, and Vanardo. and more than likely he'll never be on the same level as Niles and Powell either.

might be your opinion on Ramsey but ask the players that you say he will NEVER be better than and see what they think, you must not have seen Ramsey plan when he is fully healthy and playing at the top of his game, he will never be dominated by any of the players you mentioned and he will hold his own against any of them

good rankings gomab but i think josh henley is way to low and kyle upton is the best pure point guard in that class in metro and he is not on the list. Don woods will also i thought a little low but overall the rankings where pretty good.

That is actually the most accurate ranking of Henley I have seen. Kid plays extremely hard and boards great, but he is an undersized PF/C at 6'2. Really needs to improve his ball-handling and shooting or grow about 3 inches, which he may.

Upton is good, I agree that is one of if not the best in Metro Nashville. In my opinion is he head and shoulders above of Michael Williams.

might be your opinion on Ramsey but ask the players that you say he will NEVER be better than and see what they think, you must not have seen Ramsey plan when he is fully healthy and playing at the top of his game, he will never be dominated by any of the players you mentioned and he will hold his own against any of them

i didnt say he wasnt good, i didnt say they would dominate him, im just saying we have 2 guys in the state that will be in the NBA the year after next so theres no way he will be number 2 like someone else said he could end up being. im not hatin or anything, he could end up just as good, if not better, than Kemp, Chism, or Vanardo...but Young and Wright are a rare bread, it will be a long time before we see 2 players of their caliber come through again so i just think the "possibly #2" was a stretch.

why cant you tell us where he's goin Hooligans? a high major school?

Exactly JW. Don't worry this guy is a self appointed authority and its all about money. You must pay to go to one of his so called showcases so that he can see you play. Who cares ,but parents with nothing better to do, and money to burn.

Also you need to pay for his subscription and you need to play on a travel team (more money) etc etc. You are exactly right there on some kids on his list that probably are not even the best on their team and definitely not in their district. You don't hear those other kids names becausee their parents didn't spend the necessary money.

And how could this guy living in Middle Tennessee ever have time to see all players in the state? Look at his web site, he tries to pass himself off as a "recruiter". So pay him a fee and he will try try try to get your kid a scholarship by hyping him up on his self appointed authority rankings. I would bet you anything this guy never touched a basketball in high school let alone college. Rankings are meaningful when sportwriters and coaches rank, but not when done by self appointed recruiters. Follow the money trail. That is what it is all about.

First of all, anybody should know these days that the only way a player really gets noticed is by paying money to go to showcases and play AAU, and gomab just happens to be the best AAU coach in the state so I'm pretty sure he knows who the best players are. Also, it's essentially paying for your college early by doing these things, and much cheaper than a college tuition. You can't get noticed by a major school these days just by playing basketball in high school.

Second, how can a kid get noticed by gomab when he's not the best in his district or even on his team but the other players that are better don't get recognized. That just doesn't make sense.

Third, gomab has seen more players in TN and throughout the southeast than any other coach(AAU or high school) in TN. Plus, he has other people throughout the state that aide him in doing his rankings and studying the players gomab doesn't get to see. There is nobody else in this state that could make a better list of rankings than gomab.

Fourth, gomab has helped 99% of his players to recieve a scholarship to college, and he does TRY TRY TRY because he calls so many coaches and sends so many stats to different places to get the players noticed. He doesn't just put their names on a ranking sheet and leave it at that, he puts their name out there and follows up by sending info about them to colleges.

Finally, know the facts before you write. You obviously have no clue who gomab is. He played basketball in high and I'm almost certain he played in college. I never asked him about it, but he is 6'7" with a big build and even played around sometimes with the guys on his AAU team, so he definitely is a good, experienced basketball player; and even if he wasn't, you don't have to be an awesome player to know the game and spend valuable time learning all you can about the players so you can rank them.

So please quit bashing gomab just because you, your son, or your boyfriend or whatever didn't make the list. :thumb:

how does marquis weddle go from number 14 to number 17 in the 2006 rankings,he is the best player in west tn with out a doubt, he is an all stater averaging 22 pts 7rebs and 5assists a game to me he is in the top 10. no one can guard this guy period and everybody who has seen him play or played against him knows it.in the hall of champions game he killed willie kemp and everybody else on the team.even though they lost but the team only had six to seven guys with their only post player fouling out early in the game due to the others in the post season in football.but i think those rankings need to be changed.i kno everybody hates uc but you cant take that away from this guy he earned it

gomab knows exactly how good Marquis is. He played for his AAU team, and belive me I also think Marquis is a good player, but without his 3-point shooting, he wouldn't be much different than many other players. I don't think he should have dropped, but I don't think he needs to be moved ahead of Kemp or anyone else that high. And by saying he is the best player in west TN, your saying he is better than and should be ahead of Young, Kemp, Chism, and Powell....... :thumb:

Edited by catsbball1

Thanks for all the comments. Keep 'em coming...

Here's a few quick-hitter responses:

Ramsey is a stud, but no way to get into the Top 5. He could be as high as 6, but the Top 5 are locked in right now. Varnardo is a complete stud, and apparently still doesn't get a lot of the credit he deserves. No one, and I mean no one, can dominate and control a game defensively in TN like he can, maybe even Nationally.

Weddle is a stud. Good spot to rank him though.

Great posts by catsu and catsbball. Catsu really knows his stuff a number of players. Intelligent, well thought out post.

Good post, too, Blackburn. I love Henley's game, and my ranking of him is clearly no knock against him, but I put a lot of my rankings into upside. He reminds me a lot of one of my former players: Brandon Shane.

Love Tyler Cutter: major surprise for me.

I'll definitely take more of a look at Upton. And yes, Ware could be a tad low, but there are some darn good players ahead of him right now.

Keep the comments and opinions coming, especially the well-thought out ones...