Pickett Co. Rolls 70-52 Over DeKalb Co.

bobcatfan300

Don't count Pickett Co. out...they started 4 sophomores and a junior and went up 14-0 on Dekalb Co. and 16-2 at the end of one. At one point it was 52-22. Wright had 5 threes and James Gibson 4 threes. Capps and Roddy dominated the boards and TC Capps slammed down 3 dunks. A very impressive start for this young team over a DeKalb Co. team which was voted #2 in 7AA. Last year's state tournament team sometimes looked hesitant and way too often walked with ball up the court. This team is FAST and is very aggressive. I didn't expect them to look so good this early.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't count Pickett Co. out...they started 4 sophomores and a junior and went up 14-0 on Dekalb Co. and 16-2 at the end of one. At one point it was 52-22. Wright had 5 threes and James Gibson 4 threes. Capps and Roddy dominated the boards and TC Capps slammed down 3 dunks. A very impressive start for this young team over a DeKalb Co. team which was voted #2 in 7AA. Last year's state tournament team sometimes looked hesitant and way too often walked with ball up the court. This team is FAST and is very aggressive. I didn't expect them to look so good this early.

Clay Co is to tough to really hang in there with them this year, but next year Pickett Co could be deadly again next year...

Dont know, I think Pickett can hang with Celina, maybe not beat them, but make a good game of it! Its hard to ever count Pickett out!

I say you are right on this one.The only thing i couldnt is that pickett can beat clay at pickett tuff to play at pickett expectly if you are the top seed in the district.I think it will be a tie at the top this year between pickett and clay.

I doubted that Pickett would be able to stay with Clay Co. before I saw both teams. If Clay Co. plays like they did at York and Pickett plays like they did against DeKalb Co. and Sunbright, Colay Co. may be in for a huge surprise. I never expected Pickett to be so good so soon. 9 threes Friday, 10 last night, 3 dunks Friday, and a blowout against a good DeKalb team. They have a lot of scorers...Roddy had 24 last night, Wright 25 Sat and 28 Friday night, Gibson 16 Friday, Logan 14 last night.

Edited by bobcatfan300

I doubted that Pickett would be able to stay with Clay Co. before I saw both teams. If Clay Co. plays like they did at York and Pickett plays like they did against DeKalb Co. and Sunbright, Colay Co. may be in for a huge surprise. I never expected Pickett to be so good so soon. 9 threes Friday, 10 last night, 3 dunks Friday, and a blowout against a good DeKalb team. They have a lot of scorers...Roddy had 24 last night, Wright 25 Sat and 28 Friday night, Gibson 16 Friday, Logan 14 last night.

Sounds as if we might as well just give the district to Pickett County then! Did the Hooper kid play for Dekalb Co.?? I heard he didn't play and that makes alot of difference in Dekalbs team. Pickett will be tough and we all know how bad it is getting a call at Pickett Co. Like i said before you have to be 30 points better than Pickett to have a chance of winning a game AT Pickett. When Pickett Co. plays at home all they have to do is put on their uniforms and sit down in the middle of the court and they'll still beat most teams by 5. ;)

Sounds as if we might as well just give the district to Pickett County then! Did the Hooper kid play for Dekalb Co.?? I heard he didn't play and that makes alot of difference in Dekalbs team. Pickett will be tough and we all know how bad it is getting a call at Pickett Co. Like i said before you have to be 30 points better than Pickett to have a chance of winning a game AT Pickett. When Pickett Co. plays at home all they have to do is put on their uniforms and sit down in the middle of the court and they'll still beat most teams by 5. :thumb:

Here goes the fanatic again......wah,wah,wah..........does all that moaning about refs make you feel better about not ever seeing the floor at Murphy Center....... didn't Pickett beat Celina last year at Baxter? Everyone knows half the refs in this region are from Clay County