Pickett Co. Rolls 70-52 Over DeKalb Co.

bobcatfan300

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here goes the fanatic again......wah,wah,wah..........does all that moaning about refs make you feel better about not ever seeing the floor at Murphy Center....... didn't Pickett beat Celina last year at Baxter? Everyone knows half the refs in this region are from Clay County

Actually, Clay beat themselves in Baxter last year. We had Pickett beat and gave it up. Don't worry though, your boys will get knocked down a notch this year, especially Jacob. Can't wait to watch Saylor shut him down and make him cry. Bet he won't be runnin that mouth at the fans after the game in Clay Co. this year.

Here goes the fanatic again......wah,wah,wah..........does all that moaning about refs make you feel better about not ever seeing the floor at Murphy Center....... didn't Pickett beat Celina last year at Baxter? Everyone knows half the refs in this region are from Clay County

I never said a word about the refs. The only crying that will be done this year is from you as every team i've seen from Pickett county here lately starts off the season red hot and by the end of the year is very beatable. We'll see who is doing the crying, reality will set in real soon when Pickett plays Clay County this year. They'll also lose to Jackson County at Jackson County you can write that one down as well!! All these games Pickett County is winning are at home lets see how they do against a "real" team on the road! Just curious, Pickett played a team in Dekalb County that was without its best player, and Sunbright? Don't think i would read too much into that other than the juniors or should i say sophomores that you have are a very well coached team that played a couple of week teams.

If Pickett is so beatable at the end of the year, how did they beat Clay Co. for the Region title? How come Pickett won their substate and Clay didn't? Looks like Clay Co. is very beatable at the end of the year to me. And, Clay didn't beat themselves. It took Pickett's Bailey driving the length of the court to score after Godson blew a free throw. Don't try to take away Pickett's win. If DeKalb Co. is so weak, why were they picked 2nd in 7AA? Yes, Sunbright was weak. I haven't seen anyone from Pickett say they will beat Clay Co. on here yet. All that I said is that Clay Co. better not underestimate Pickett the way they did York.

Edited by bobcatfan300

If Pickett is so beatable at the end of the year, how did they beat Clay Co. for the Region title? How come Pickett won their substate and Clay didn't? Looks like Clay Co. is very beatable at the end of the year to me. And, Clay didn't beat themselves. It took Pickett's Bailey driving the length of the court to score after Godson blew a free throw. Don't try to take away Pickett's win. If DeKalb Co. is so weak, why were they picked 2nd in 7AA? Yes, Sunbright was weak. I haven't seen anyone from Pickett say they will beat Clay Co. on here yet. All that I said is that Clay Co. better not underestimate Pickett the way they did York.

The name is Godwin not Godson and yes my son did miss that free throw to win the game, and yes Bailey did drive the length of the floor to score his sixth point of the game but all thats done and over with. IF Clay had won they would have won their home game against Grace and Pickett would have lost at Temple. But the bottom line is Clay lost, Pickett won and the district and regional final games between those two teams were classics. I would have loved to have them taped as those were two of the best if not the best games i have ever seen played by two very evenly matched high school teams. I get excited just remembering it all, man those were good games. I expect nothing less this year from Pickett County. Anyone who thinks they will be an easy victory is sadly mistaken and believe me Clay County isn't thinking it will be easy to beat them anywhere, it will be a tough game. The comment i made about Pickett County putting on their jersey's and sitting down in the middle of the court and still winning by 5 was just a joke. I got that one from Coach Bibb himself when he sat down beside me and my son recently at a ballgame and told my son that Clay County was so good this year that all they would have to do is put their jersey's on and sit down at halfcourt and they would still win by 5. It made us all laugh. I have alot of respect for Coach Bibb and Pickett County basketball, your record and Gold balls speak for themselves. But i do like to stir the pot occasionally but its all in good fun, well most of the time! :thumb: