Notre Dame @ Livingston Academy

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect, LA has been doing it all year. They've been in every game, with their 5 losses coming by a total of 28 points. They just had the misfortune of playing in an extremely difficult region. Once they became acclamated, they started winning... as shown by their wins over Austin East and Knox Catholic the second time they met when it really counted.

I think in their first meeting with AE and KC and the Fulton game they were intimidated by all the talk of these teams speed. When we found out they were not that much faster than us and we could play with them it meant a world of difference! Keep it up guys. NO INTIMIDATION FACTOR!!

Beware Notre Dame,....... Livingston Academy is a good football team. Not great, but good. And they never stop. They havent been beaten by more than a touchdown by anybody. Saw them beat a 9-1 Carter team and then two weeks later beat a 11-1 Catholic team. Livingston Academy doesnt overwhelm anyone, they just outlast you. A good group of athletes that beleive.

I havent seen Notre Dame play but they better be ready to play 4 quarters of they too will falter. Really would like to watch this one..........

Beware Notre Dame,....... Livingston Academy is a good football team. Not great, but good. And they never stop. They havent been beaten by more than a touchdown by anybody. Saw them beat a 9-1 Carter team and then two weeks later beat a 11-1 Catholic team. Livingston Academy doesnt overwhelm anyone, they just outlast you. A good group of athletes that beleive.

I havent seen Notre Dame play but they better be ready to play 4 quarters of they too will falter. Really would like to watch this one..........

The ND strength is conditioning. If the defense can keep LA out of the end zone and the offense keeps the tempo up. Unfortunately for the Irish I think that the 4th quarter will decide this one. And the out come will probably depend on one thing. Who has the ball last.

I don't know much about Notre Dame, but I can tell u this as a fact, they won't be able to stop Cates and if they try to key on him the other backs will have a field day. I am not saying ND isn't good, but I guarantee u that they aren't any better than some of the teams LA has played, but I do expect a good game. But I see LA pulling it out in the 4th. LA 31 ND 21. Keep that BIG BLUE TRAIN ROLLIN!!!!

I don't know much about Notre Dame, but I can tell u this as a fact, they won't be able to stop Cates

Charlie Murphy wonders if ND fans are getting tired of hearing this. Just fill in the blank. ND won't be able to stop Dallas, DID IT. ND won't be able to stop Council, DID IT. ND won't be able to stop Ladd, DID IT. Bring on the next one, he will hit the wall too.

Was bored and thought I would look up the stats of both teams on the season. This is the facts of this matchup:

Teams Records: LA (8-5), ND (13-0)

Strength of Schedule: LA - 2nd, ND - 41st

Opponet Records: LA (95-55), ND (68-74)

Opponet Strength of Schedule Average: LA - 20th, ND - 27th

Opponets That Made Playoffs: LA - 9, ND - 8

Points Scored: LA - 318, ND - 382

Points Allowed: LA - 294, ND - 69

Notables: LA - Has lost 5 games, to eventual 1A State Champion Trousdale County, #2 ranked Knoxville Catholic, #5 ranked Austin East, 2A #6 ranked Smith County, and defending State Champ Fulton, by a total of only 28 points.

Notables: ND's Defense is averaging allowing only 5.3 points a game. 14 points to 2A Marion County is the most the defense has allowed in a single game. 5 Shutouts to Meigs County (7-4), Sequoyah (1-9), McMinn Central (4-6), Tellico Plains (0-10), and Macon County (5-6).

Edited by I Love HS Football

Was bored and thought I would look up the stats of both teams on the season. This is the facts of this matchup:

Teams Records: LA (8-5), ND (13-0)

Strength of Schedule: LA - 2nd, ND - 41st

Opponet Records: LA (95-55), ND (68-74)

Opponet Strength of Schedule Average: LA - 20th, ND - 27th

Opponets That Made Playoffs: LA - 9, ND - 8

Points Scored: LA - 318, ND - 382

Points Allowed: LA - 294, ND - 125

Notables: LA - Has lost 5 games, to eventual 1A State Champion Trousdale County, #2 ranked Knoxville Catholic, #5 ranked Austin East, 2A #6 ranked Smith County, and defending State Champ Fulton, by a total of only 28 points.

Notables: ND's Defense is averaging allowing only 9 points a game. 14 points to 2A Marion County is the most the defense has allowed in a single game. 5 Shutouts to Meigs County (7-4), Sequoyah (1-9), McMinn Central (4-6), Tellico Plains (0-10), and Macon County (5-6).

My thoughts:

ND is a good solid football team with a great defense. But, LA is definitely one of the toughest teams that ND has faced this year. 13-0 is an impressive record, but less than half of ND's opponets do not have over a .500 winning record. LA doesn't have anywhere the record but have played much tougher opponets. The losses and the lessons learned is going to carry LA to a state championship. So, I think.... LA, Cates, will exploit this defense as they win 21-13 in an exciting football game.

Charlie Murphy wonders if ND fans are getting tired of hearing this. Just fill in the blank. ND won't be able to stop Dallas, DID IT. ND won't be able to stop Council, DID IT. ND won't be able to stop Ladd, DID IT. Bring on the next one, he will hit the wall too.

Ladd had 96 yards. I don't know if you can say you stopped him.