Notre Dame @ Livingston Academy

I cant agree more.LA has one of the best backfields i've ever seen in highschool football.I happened to be at the LA KC game and ever other one too this year.For LA there is no wall and even if there is its about to go down in ruins.Congrats to LA on making it this far and i hope an pray that they go further.Good Luck Cats an i'll be cheering for youns.UT couldnt beat ND but LA CAN!!!!

GO HOG-EYE BEAT ND

Apparently there was a wall during 5 games this season. The best backfield you have ever seen? And they were 5-5? Charlie Murphy thinks you close your eyes when other teams are on offense, because it must be the only backfiled you have ever seen. On a side note, Charlie Murphy is glad to see TIMBDP has dried his tears, put down his pacifier, and decided to add his thoughts to this board.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who keep talking about your tough schedule I will make the following observations. Notre Dame strength of schedule + success is #1 while Livingston Academy's is #10 which means while LA played a tougher schedule as is often being pointed out, they were not as successful. Second, ND had to beat three teams from another region in the playoffs whose strength of schedule were 7(Macon), 46(Pearl Cohn), and 11 (White House). LA played teams in the playoffs whose strength of schedule were 57 (Carter), 8 (Austin-East), and 22 (Knox. Catholic) and it might be pointed that it was the second time this season that LA played Austin-East and Knox. Catholic.

I am not impressed with strength of schedule rankings as Sequoyah, a 1-9 team was #15 in AAAand Carter, a team you defeated by 3 points in the first round was #57.

The game will be played on Friday by two teams who have worked hard to reach this point. Numbers only matter on the scoreboard at the end of the game.

Apparently there was a wall during 5 games this season. The best backfield you have ever seen? And they were 5-5? Charlie Murphy thinks you close your eyes when other teams are on offense, because it must be the only backfiled you have ever seen. On a side note, Charlie Murphy is glad to see TIMBDP has dried his tears, put down his pacifier, and decided to add his thoughts to this board.

ME thinks Charlie Murphy will want to close him eyes come Friday night when LA have em ball!! Me see heap good RB's this em year, but not 3...er 4...err 5 this good in one backfield!! Cates and Cats offense is clicking better than in those 5 loses. Oh, by the way, one loss was to Trousdale by 2 points in which we had twice as much total yardage as they did(including over 100 yards rushing by 3 different backs!!!). You shall see!!! GO BIG BLUE!!! Oh, we can pass a little too!!!Yes we were 5-5, WERE being a key word!!

For those who keep talking about your tough schedule I will make the following observations. Notre Dame strength of schedule + success is #1 while Livingston Academy's is #10 which means while LA played a tougher schedule as is often being pointed out, they were not as successful. Second, ND had to beat three teams from another region in the playoffs whose strength of schedule were 7(Macon), 46(Pearl Cohn), and 11 (White House). LA played teams in the playoffs whose strength of schedule were 57 (Carter), 8 (Austin-East), and 22 (Knox. Catholic) and it might be pointed that it was the second time this season that LA played Austin-East and Knox. Catholic.

I am not impressed with strength of schedule rankings as Sequoyah, a 1-9 team was #15 in AAAand Carter, a team you defeated by 3 points in the first round was #57.

The game will be played on Friday by two teams who have worked hard to reach this point. Numbers only matter on the scoreboard at the end of the game.

I agree this information will have little impact on the game. I'm sure our players don't know or even care about that. Their main focus will continue to be on playing our game just like we have all year. Lay it on the line again Cats and I like our chances.

I didn't really understand your statement about playing AE and Catholic twice. I believe since they both have been in the top 10 all year, that's playing against some pretty stiff competition. And beating them on their turf is quite an accomplishment. Doubt that there's many teams that could have done that.

Seems we could go on and on about this and that but that won't accomplish anything. Sounds like these are 2 fine teams or else they wouldn't be here.

Edited by Rocking Chair

I agree this information will have little impact on the game. I'm sure our players don't know or even care about that. Their main focus will continue to be on playing our game just like we have all year. Lay it on the line again Cats and I like our chances.

I didn't really understand your statement about playing AE and Catholic twice. I believe since they both have been in the top 10 all year, that's playing against some pretty stiff competition. And beating them on their turf is quite an accomplishment. Doubt that there's many teams that could have done that.

Seems we could go on and on about this and that but that won't accomplish anything. Sounds like these are 2 fine teams or else they wouldn't be here.

Agree. The point about playing Catholic and LA twice is that the players have already tested themselves against them and so no mystery. It helps confidence alot especially since both first games were close.

It will be interesting to see how Notre Dame fares on the road against a team that can both pass and run the ball with just as much consistency as the Irish.

As for the Irish fan who was in my face Friday night telling me to SHUT UP? I am really sorry--- I did not realize a player was down on the field at the time. I noticed later in the game that you fell victim to the same situation. Good luck to you guys, but I have to go with the Wildcats in this one.----Something about the colors blue and white together.

Firstly I want to say that I do not wish to take anything away from LA's win over Catholic. I am a senior at ND and have disliked their teams for all those years so I'm just a little biased.

But playing a team twice in won year is difficult and it is usualy harder for the winnewr of the first win to duplicate it. LA should know that. ND knows that from last year. ND played KC early in the season and got killed at home, then in the playoffs, defeated KC.

I think that LA must have a great team to beat the teams they did this year, and most of the losses came to powerful schools so Congratulations on the season. But I think the luck of the Irish is not done. It's time for the REAL Fighting Irish to win.

(Yet again I make a jab at KC, I dunno whats wrong with me)lol

Well since, I believe you are the only undefeated team in 3A now, then yes, it is obvious that your success will be number 1. Still doesn't change the fact that you all have not played anyone until you got to the playoffs. Then you beat some decent ball teams.

No, none of those stats mean anything. They are put on here for debate for fun. Like we are having now. As said in an aforementioned post, all that matters, is the game Friday night, and the only numbers or stats that will mean anything will be the ones on the scoreboard like you said.

You lost me on the Austin East and Catholic twice as well. Two teams that ND wouldn't want to play once, I promise.

Macon County, you know a little about both of these teams. What does someone from their think the outcome will be?

How many people will ND bring to the game?