2005 Hampton Bulldogs vs. 1996 Hampton Bulldogs

BulldogRealist

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to say this years team...they are younger about 9-10 years younger and faster............It's the past..........man..........you were the best Hampton team in 1996........Hello McFly.......there is no Delorean here..... so live for today..my 2 cents and I am to cheap to give you the other 98........Good day

I would have to say this years team...they are younger about 9-10 years younger and faster............It's the past..........man..........you were the best Hampton team in 1996........Hello McFly.......there is no Delorean here..... so live for today..my 2 cents and I am to cheap to give you the other 98........Good day

hey bro-- didn't mean any offense. Just looking for some intelligent conversation, and some intelligent comparisons.

But i guess intelligence is beyond your grasp.

Anybody with any intelligent insights!!

This answers to me all the negativity you have thrown out lately. You are a 96 grad I guess. This is absolutley no question, this years team is much more rounded and grounded. All aspects of this years team outweighs 96. Don't get me wrong, 96 team good, very good. This years team is closer to greatness!!!!!!!

Just a response to this. Not in my words, but in Hampton Coach J.C. Campbell's words from the Johnson City Press Last Week.

"This team and the 96 team are very comparable, they have similiar records and all, both had a great running back and an outstanding line. The only difference is that the 96 team did it in double A, and theres a huge difference there."

Don't forget the 96 team ran the table in 2-A, and with all the private schools. They were the last public school standing in 2-A!

Anybody who says that this year's team is better than the 1996 team did not see that team play. Sure they went farther in the playoffs but they were in 2A and this year's team is in 1A (without privates). They were the best team in the state that year and should have won the state championship. They outplayed Knox Webb (a private school) in every statistic except the scoreboard. If this year's Hampton team were to play in 2A this year how would they fair? Would they be able to go undefeated by beating their conference opponents like Cumberland Gap and South Greene because they would not be able to cruise through the season in 2A like they did in 1A? Would they be able to beat Alcoa like the 1996 team did? Would everybody call them the best team in the state even if they lost like they refer to the 1996 team? Could they beat the Cloudland team from 1996, who also went to the 3rd round and was beaten by Battlegound Academy (a private school) and their Player of the Century, Troy Fleming. That Cloudland team was better than this year's Lander team and we barely beat them. The 1996 team had a much more difficult schedule and still went undefeated. This year we had, according to CoachT, the 2nd easiest schedule in state of Tennessee. The only team that had an easier schedule was the Tennessee School for the Deaf. Don't get me wrong, I hope Hampton wins state just as much as anybody else, but I believe it would be a different story if they were in 2A playing the 3 teams that the 1996 team did in the playoffs(Alcoa, Notre Dame, and Knoxville Webb). If you'll look now Knox Webb was in the state championship in D-II this year, Notre Dame is in the final 4 in 3-A, and Alcoa is in the final four in 2A being the #1 ranked team in the state.

Anybody who says that this year's team is better than the 1996 team did not see that team play. Sure they went farther in the playoffs but they were in 2A and this year's team is in 1A (without privates). They were the best team in the state that year and should have won the state championship. They outplayed Knox Webb (a private school) in every statistic except the scoreboard. If this year's Hampton team were to play in 2A this year how would they fair? Would they be able to go undefeated by beating their conference opponents like Cumberland Gap and South Greene because they would not be able to cruise through the season in 2A like they did in 1A? Would they be able to beat Alcoa like the 1996 team did? Would everybody call them the best team in the state even if they lost like they refer to the 1996 team? Could they beat the Cloudland team from 1996, who also went to the 3rd round and was beaten by Battlegound Academy (a private school) and their Player of the Century, Troy Fleming. That Cloudland team was better than this year's Lander team and we barely beat them. The 1996 team had a much more difficult schedule and still went undefeated. This year we had, according to CoachT, the 2nd easiest schedule in state of Tennessee. The only team that had an easier schedule was the Tennessee School for the Deaf. Don't get me wrong, I hope Hampton wins state just as much as anybody else, but I believe it would be a different story if they were in 2A playing the 3 teams that the 1996 team did in the playoffs(Alcoa, Notre Dame, and Knoxville Webb). If you'll look now Knox Webb was in the state championship in D-II this year, Notre Dame is in the final 4 in 3-A, and Alcoa is in the final four in 2A being the #1 ranked team in the state.

Could not have said it better myself!

No disrespect to this years team, but it's not really an even comparison.

Even the Hampton coaches agree!

What does that say?

The road was just as tough in 1a in 96, can anyone say Troy Fleeming and BGA, I,d say it would be a bigger accomplishment to win it this season. This team and the 96 team were, and are good. 1a has never been a cakewalk.Teams also get better every year, that was 9 years ago, football has evolved and kids work harder. They have to. The 96 team might have alot to do with this bunch being so good, have you ever thought about it, this bunch of kids were on the sidelines and you were their hero,s. Now they should be yours.

Well, this is my first time on here, and with my name and my information, I am sure that people will know who I am. I was a member of the 1996 team, and it was the most fun I have ever had, except for being Saved by God's amazing Grace. The guys on that team were awesome, and I know how the guys this year must feel. It is awesome when a whole community is behind you, and supporting you, but it is also an awesome responsibility. I have been to almost every game this year, and this team is great. They are big, strong, explosive, and they beat teams like a drum, just like we did. Comparing these two teams would be difficult. With the way classifications have changed, and the loss of private schools in 1997. There really is no way to compare. I think it goes without saying that the 1996 team faced much tougher competition, and we were still able to go undefeated, not only that but in 1995 we were 10-2, with a playoff win also.

I read the same article in the Johnson City Press, and I think J.C. said it best, "the biggest difference is double-A". So I think Vader is exactly right.

Either way, Dogs we are behind you! Wear em out Friday night, and may God Bless You!