Best Point Guard!

hfajunior

Didn't know Bolivar was in Nashville!?!

With out a doubt Willie Kemp is the Best PG in West TN. This guy is the real deal!! Seen him play several times and he is a true PG. He makes everyone around him better!! This guy can score and can put the clamps down on u defensively!! Is the heart of the Bolivar team!

Can't wait to see this guy in a U of M jersey next year!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Montague - I don't know if you are trying to be funny or what, but I believe Landon is going to be more of 2 guard in high school and his combination of skills will definitely give LHS a big shot in the arm (that is if he goes there - he might wind up at Scotts Hill or Riverside - I don't know how Tim and Coach Hehe get along - might be a big loss for the Tigers!). Landon does have the gift of dribbling, passing and shooting plus he can play some defense too.

I will say this though about Landon's dad Coach Hehe, he is a very good coach. He did get Mack into the championship game, but what is funny the focus was not on Mack ---- actually Hehe's star player that year was Kevis. Funny how things reversed immediately when both Mack and Kevis got to high school. I don't even think Kevis started a game until his Jr year. lexington has some other excellent ball players - it is just a matter of making the mix and training right!

Actually I was trying to a name out there for next year, everybody else is throwing names out and we all know Kemp is the best in the state. And I think Hehe will be a pg becuase 1. Gardner is not gromming another 1 and 2. Landon makes the right plays and he is a great all-around ball player. And most of that is because of his dad, like you said. Coach Hehe is one of the best coaches I've seen. Last year, with his state runner up team, his son was in the starting line up. But, his son was not the star player, Josh Fry was, even though Landon is very, very good, Hehe wasn't blinded by that and he let Josh Fry let turn into a middle school superstar. Thats a just 1 of the many things that he's done that I admire him for.

As far as the Mack and Kevis thing, it was not only at LMS but also in AAU. Mack and Kevis played for the Memphis Blackhawks AAU team. Kevis also sit out 1 year in basketball for LHS, but he did make the Jackson Sun's Super Sophomore team in baseball that year. :thumb:

Actually, if you are rating by who is the best at what a point guard is supposed to do then Jamison at Hume Fogg is better than Robinson at MLK. He can't score like Gerald, but that is not (or should not be) the point guard's main role.

Oh yeah, Willie Kemp is in a whole other world as a point guard compared to anyone in the Nashville area.

Talk all you want about Jamison or Gerald...but Josh Slater at David Lipscomb is the best in Nashville. Scored 30 against a good Harding Academy team out of Memphis. Does all the things a point guard needs to do, and can also carry a team with his scoring if needed :)

Talk all you want about Jamison or Gerald...but Josh Slater at David Lipscomb is the best in Nashville. Scored 30 against a good Harding Academy team out of Memphis. Does all the things a point guard needs to do, and can also carry a team with his scoring if needed :angry:

I have to agree with you Geezer. I saw Slater play In 2004 State tournament against Raleigh-Egypt. Maurice Miller was trying to check him but Slater was so successful breaking him down that they had to put Lawrence Kinnard on him who now plays at UAB.

Guest knoxhoops

Tony White for sure. He beat Bradley Central single handed and they supposedly are one of the best teams in the East. Have not seen Kemp .

Word is White may follow his dad to UT and join Steve Pearl as two locals. Would be a good move for Coach Pearl to recruit more local kids, something Buzz never learned.

Tony White single-handedly beat Bradley Central?? Hey CNFn, what game were you watching?? That kid who guarded Terrence O. kept Bearden in the game. If it wasn't for him, T.O. would have scored 40+plus.