Best Freshmen in East Tennessee

philip2003

Shellie McKinney from Cloudland held Dickson from Greenville to 6 points. And in a freshman game last Saturday Jordi Miller contained Mikki Oliver, with some great help defense. Sydnie Buchanan can stop anyone assigned to her. Brooke Johnson is a hustler and if the ball is within reach she will steal it. They are very well coached up at Cloudland

Th Highlander

When has Cloudland played Greeneville ?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is wrong with each one of these communities rooting for and wishing each other nothing but the best? I don't understand why you would have it in for the other schools. A great example would be the Maryville and Alcoa football teams and staff and how they get along and try to help one another. Each could certainly learn from the other. Oak Ridge, Anderson County, Oliver Springs are all in different classes at the present time and should be pulling for the other. JMO

You are correct in supporting all the teams in the area. If one or ten go then support them, even if your team goes a long way also. Thats the way it should be. I love to see a graet team play that plays together well and most of the people who really know their stuff like to se it also agreed?

She is a great player and between her and Jasmine Hassel, I would take either.

also I forgot about Lauren Avant (8th grader), maybe one day all these young ladies will play together, also amazing Lauren at the one, Jasmine James at the two, Kayla Christopher at the three, or either way between the two and three with James, Ashley from the tigers at the four, and Jasmine Hassel at the five. Honorable mention Erin Helton, Laquinta from Pride, Jessica Christopher, please add others.

Mardessa Hampton from Loudon. She broke all the records in middle school ball and was the first lady to join the 500 point club. She's a starter as a freshman and is already making her mark in high school.

Middle School records are a joke, at least around Loudon. But Mardessa is certainly the real deal. She is by far the best freshman I have seen. She gets a lot of playing time since the team is all freshmen and sophomores but she is very good. If she gets any taller and comes near to reaching her potential then in a couple of years she will be a legitimate candidate for Miss Basketball.

Sequatchie has a good group of freshmen, 7 of 13 on the team. Group was 20-1 as eighth-graders, 18-2 making up all but 3 spots of the middle school team as 7th graders. One starter from the 8th grade team last year is focusing on softball or they could be an even better group, I'm hoping she reconsiders for next season. One leads the team in scoring, another is third. Another leads in steals and rebounds. Five of seven get plenty of playing time, 3 are regularly starting. They make some ninth-grade mistakes but the good has outweighed the bad so far. Team is getting good play from its older players too, three juniors doing a good job offensively, defensively or both. No seniors on the team.