Oakland v. Columbia

MidTennFootball

You know 2priceless, your comment about being a new poster got me all nostalgic inside, and I went back to look at some of my first posts. Heck, I know I was a dumb rook. I just want to take this opportunity to apologize for all the stupid things I said <_<

B&B.....I never remember your posts being anything but eloquent. I always looked forward to reading every word. You are one of the most objective posters that I know, and I am thrilled that you are back in action.

To Oakland......no reason to get down...these things are part of the learning process. We are as always...still behind you.

Edited by 2priceless

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The score reflects a great game, but in retrospect, neither team played lights out, but no doubt the effort was there. Oakland played a solid first quarter, but really struggled after that. Credit Columbia for applying pressure that threw off Oakland's rhythm on offense all night long, which wasnt helped by the fact that Chiasson Allen or Jaffarious Wade really didnt step up until Oakland was down double digits in the 4th

In regards, to posts early in the week, only a fool would think this game will be a blowout. I know Oakland won the last meeting by a pretty big margin, but I believe all of us that saw that game will also agree that it was rare for a columbia team to play that badly. Also, major kudos to Clint Marable, I know ive made fun of him alot over these last 2 season but he really came to play last night and when he got the ball on the block down low, he was almost unstoppable, he really opened it up for Bulluck to be able to hurt Oakland from outside.

Aside from the game, I really enjoyed going back to the Lions Den as it has been several years since Oakland has played there and I certainly hope Oakland and Columbia can play twice on a yearly basis so I can make more the trips to the Lions Den, a real good atmosphere with knowledgeable fans that love their team

Man I remember some wild Oakland Columbia games in the Lions Den. Great to hear it was an exciting evening. Didn't hear much on the girls side but saw the score. Lady Pats must be rebuilding or Columbia has something up their sleeve that no one was expecting

Thats about Oakland renewing their series with Columbia. OHS-CHS has rarely had dull moments and last night proved to be no exception, As for the girls, they lost 8 Seniors last year and close to half of their team is freshmen and sophmores, so yes it will be a tough year for the Lady Pats, but the Lady Lions are a good team despite Oakland's youth