Oak Ridge 17 Riverdale 00000000

simocleo

I was at the game and was for OR, and I sat on the Riverdale side. Not becuase I was being stupid, but because there was no room on the OR side. I was near the Riverdale (Pep??) Band and there were a lot of OR fans there with Riverdale fans and I had great conversations with most of them.

Did anyone see those girls at the gate hocking Riverdale shirts????

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game and was for OR, and I sat on the Riverdale side. Not becuase I was being stupid, but because there was no room on the OR side. I was near the Riverdale (Pep??) Band and there were a lot of OR fans there with Riverdale fans and I had great conversations with most of them.

Did anyone see those girls at the gate hocking Riverdale shirts????

Hocking Riverdale shirts? Oh the one for the thumb ones that they got hung with?

Wow, this is really HARD to swallow. But first, hats off to Oak Ridge. They gave Riverdale one heck of a physical ballgame. In fact I believe it was the most physical game I had ever seen (on the highschool level), for both teams. You could see the intensity as both teams wanted the W. Riverdale made mistakes early, and had to pay for them the whole night. As Riverdale tried to piece drives together offensively, they were not consistant like normal. 2 bad plays for every good one. Taking one step forward and 2 steps back. Yes the shutout makes it look like Riverdale played a horrible game, but that was not the case. The big thing is that Riverdale did not play Riverdale football. Every drive, I was fully expecting Riverdale to turn it around, but mistakes and turnovers kept them from doing so. People also do not realize Riverdale pretty much held Oak Ridge in check defensively for the final 3 quarters, because Oak Ridge had only 3 points to show for those quarters. The difference is though, is that Riverdale has 0 points to show for the whole game. For people like 2priceless who sat home and listened to the game on the radio, might not realize how close and hard fought this game was. Also the same for people who just saw the score in the paper. But I do realize "close" will not cut it, the win is all that matters. Oak Ridge got that and if they can beat Riverdale, then they probably deserve to win the state. Go OR, I guess (its HARD to say that).

Riverdale, keep your heads up though, the goal was not met, but a GREAT season regardless. 13-1. Nothing to be ashamed about. Great job '06, 4 GREAT years at Riverdale, and a ring to show for it. 28 straight wins. The memories will last a lifetime. Hats off to you guys ;)

Edited by 802 Warrior

Yes, I did listen to the game which was commentated by 2 Ex Riverdale grads. I think they def tried their best to act as if the refs were giving OR all the breaks and great spots. The it really seemed that they gave up on RHS as well.

802...if you read all of my posts ...you would see that I gave the D their props. I really think they did a great job containing OR after those 2 TD's/ I thought the O never got in sync and part of that was b/c the OR d line seemed to win the war in the trenches. I have always praised your oline and I was stunned that OR did such a number on your oline.

My son lost in the semis in 99. It was a LONGGGG ride home from Sevier cty......and it was hard to admit that we simply got whupped. It hurts and I know how yall feel ........exactly. The big difference was that our HC held our sobbing seniors in his arms and helped ease their pain.

Yes, I did listen to the game which was commentated by 2 Ex Riverdale grads. I think they def tried their best to act as if the refs were giving OR all the breaks and great spots. The it really seemed that they gave up on RHS as well.

802...if you read all of my posts ...you would see that I gave the D their props. I really think they did a great job containing OR after those 2 TD's/ I thought the O never got in sync and part of that was b/c the OR d line seemed to win the war in the trenches. I have always praised your oline and I was stunned that OR did such a number on your oline.

My son lost in the semis in 99. It was a LONGGGG ride home from Sevier cty......and it was hard to admit that we simply got whupped. It hurts and I know how yall feel ........exactly. The big difference was that our HC held our sobbing seniors in his arms and helped ease their pain.

Ibleed cardinal i love your passion for them WARRIORS

2p what does that mean about your head coach being the difference woth sobbing SRs are you taking another shot at coach Rankin why do you insist on bad mouthing him and keep going after him most of us during your time took up for your coach and never talked bad about him so why do you insist on bad mouthing our coach

I didn't take it as a badmouth of Rankin. I think 2P is like myself and still has a lot of repect for the ex coach at his school. I think that was his intent. 2P?

Ole Dad

2p what does that mean about your head coach being the difference woth sobbing SRs are you taking another shot at coach Rankin why do you insist on bad mouthing him and keep going after him most of us during your time took up for your coach and never talked bad about him so why do you insist on bad mouthing our coach

Simocleo, wouldn't you rather stay in Florida?

Bruce Lussier is a great Coach and helped many a young person through OR. Your pathetic opinion of him would be the same no matter what he did. You can't say he will never have a State because you are not a prophet.

issuehe treated you in a manner you deserve.

:thumb:

not necessary

PS Not playing.

Edited by VolunteerGeneral

Don't worry about what Simocleo says. He's one of those people who have no knowledge of football and posts just to be a hater. If it wasn't Lussier is would be someone else. He has little man syndrome and has to hate someone because he doesn't even like himself ( like the rest of us). He can't deal in the facts (like Lussier having the best winning percentage in Wildcat history). He is one of those people who wants to be negative and can't be positive even when the kids do great. Heck, I bet Lussier doesn't even know this looser.

Anyway, The Cats are in for a huge fight Saturday night and if they keep their heads on straight they have the talent to win it all.

Bounder, can you get a license to cook ribs at the stadium saturday? My son says they were the best he had ever eaten, and I agree. Great job.

Ole Dad

not necessary

PS Not playing.

Dad you are right Simicleo is a loser. If he had a problem with Lussier that is in the past and he should grow up and get on with his life.

As for cooking at the statium, my old bones are still cold(it was 21 degrees at 6 o'clock fri morning when we started cooking) and my back is still sore sniff sniff can I get some smypathy ha ha. Thanks we try to do good.

Thanks to all the Riverdale folks that came by our tailgate party. The boosters made a few bucks and that is why we do it

Because of what OUR HC did......I continue to defend Coach Euverard even tho he left Oakland for Jeff County. As long as LeBron Ferguson is at Oakland , I will also be close-by to watch his back as well, as he also comforted my precious son. That very same year........there were 4 young men that were VERY close to my heart and who still regularly visit my home ( try Thurs nite....they were there) they are like sons to me and my family. When those 4 boys lost in that first round of the play-offs in 99 a CERTAIN HC did NOT hold these boys. Instead he threw their belongings all over the ground and that is what they saw when they returned to their beloved school. They weren't allowed to even enter their lockerroom. They were told they were finished at Riverdale and never allowed to come into the weightroom again b/c THEY lost that game. This is HOW they were comforted. Now maybe the guy has changed ...I have no clue....but to blame a loss on these boys in 99 is almost incomprehensible. I will tell you that I received phone calls from all four of them on Friday night....ALL of them feeling sorry for that group of kids drivng back from OR and feeling their fate and all laughing their butts off about Rankin going down. I don't know maybe I am a bit crazy.....but that isn't exactly the image I would want my ex players to have of me. These four young men have never gotten over how they felt that night and I will never forget how they looked and what their PARENTS had to say about it either.

We won't get into the Coach Ferg/ Pico situation....but if you want to search posts you will see that some RHS folk were the main ones stirring the stuff up and starting threads. There is no reason to get back into any of that tho.

Again....I will say that I feel for the seniors who worked their butts off for four yrs...no matter if you win or lose your very last HS game......you are still finished playing HS ball......and it is a very tuff and emotional time for everyone involved. I only pray that there was someone there for those boys.

Edited by 2priceless

Because of what OUR HC did......I continue to defend Coach Euverard even tho he left Oakland for Jeff County. As long as LeBron Ferguson is at Oakland , I will also be close-by to watch his back as well, as he also comforted my precious son. That very same year........there were 4 young men that were VERY close to my heart and who still regularly visit my home ( try Thurs nite....they were there) they are like sons to me and my family. When those 4 boys lost in that first round of the play-offs in 99 a CERTAIN HC did NOT hold these boys. Instead he threw their belongings all over the ground and that is what they saw when they returned to their beloved school. They weren't allowed to even enter their lockerroom. They were told they were finished at Riverdale and never allowed to come into the weightroom again b/c THEY lost that game. This is HOW they were comforted. Now maybe the guy has changed ...I have no clue....but to blame a loss on these boys in 99 is almost incomprehensible. I will tell you that I received phone calls from all four of them on Friday night....ALL of them feeling sorry for that group of kids drivng back from OR and feeling their fate and all laughing their butts off about Rankin going down. I don't know maybe I am a bit crazy.....but that isn't exactly the image I would want my ex players to have of me. These four young men have never gotten over how they felt that night and I will never forget how they looked and what their PARENTS had to say about it either.

We won't get into the Coach Ferg/ Pico situation....but if you want to search posts you will see that some RHS folk were the main ones stirring the stuff up and starting threads. There is no reason to get back into any of that tho.

Again....I will say that I feel for the seniors who worked their butts off for four yrs...no matter if you win or lose your very last HS game......you are still finished playing HS ball......and it is a very tuff and emotional time for everyone involved. I only pray that there was someone there for those boys.

nicely done nicely done.

2P,

Good post.

Ole Dad