LIVINGSTON ACADEMY - WOW!

ShutupandPlay

Saying that the 2005 Cats are the best ever in school history is just your opinion Rock Crusher Mtn. How dare you suggest that we FORGET the leather helmet days of Rocking Chair and the Air McCoin era and especially the teams of the 90's. Those are the teams that helped build the great foundation of football that you enjoy watching right this very day.

This 2005 team may or may not be the best in school history. Who cares or why does it matter ?? I know one thing they sure have been one of the most exciting teams to watch in the school's history. And now they have a chance to win the first state crown in the school's history.

WE'VE COME A LONG WAY BABY !!!

BTW Rock Crusher Mountain sure brings back some good memories for me. LOL

all i am saying is that i would say i would trade cates and vaughn for ogletree and maynord any day but cates and vaughn have so much more speed and that is why they are better than the other teams and they run alittle harder

Edited by Rock Crusher Mountain

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all i am saying is that i would say i would trade cates and vaughn for ogletree and maynord any day but cates and vaughn have so much more speed and that is why they are better than the other teams and they run alittle harder

I don't know how Maynord feels but to even be compared to Cates and Vaughn is very flattering to me. Thank you RCM for bringing back some fond memories of the good ole days.

Now let's get back to the NOW and help support this Wildcat team that has lit a fire in this community with their exciting play.

I don't know how Maynord feels but to even be compared to Cates and Vaughn is very flattering to me. Thank you RCM for bringing back some fond memories of the good ole days.

Now let's get back to the NOW and help support this Wildcat team that has lit a fire in this community with their exciting play.

i would not be flattered by that if i ever had a competitive bone in my body. The older people had more heart until this team came along. All we have now are the memories because they have now took that away. rocking chair i heard that you were wearing your old leather helmet to the game on saturday. is there any truth in that ? i will wear my old jersey

i would not be flattered by that if i ever had a competitive bone in my body. The older people had more heart until this team came along. All we have now are the memories because they have now took that away. rocking chair i heard that you were wearing your old leather helmet to the game on saturday. is there any truth in that ? i will wear my old jersey

Sorry to inform you but my helmet was not made of leather. As for being competitive. I had more in my PINKY than most people have in their whole body. So don't talk to me about being competitive.Your going to wear your old jersey. Well what year did you play might I ask or are you going to hide behind RCM screen name trying to get a raz out of me. Well friend don't flatter yourself trying to get me stirred b/c it will take more than all this BS you been rambling on about.

Sorry to inform you but my helmet was not made of leather. As for being competitive. I had more in my PINKY than most people have in their whole body. So don't talk to me about being competitive.Your going to wear your old jersey. Well what year did you play might I ask or are you going to hide behind RCM screen name trying to get a raz out of me. Well friend don't flatter yourself trying to get me stirred b/c it will take more than all this BS you been rambling on about.

i live on rock crusher

did not mean to offend just making a statement our glory days in the 70's are over. you might want to get that pinky checked out though that does not sound healthy. do you still have the leather helmet is that why it bothers u so much?

You didn't offend me. But your the one that brought up the 70's not me. The 70's may be gone but definitely are not forgotten. Nothing bothers me about this team and you comparing it to the teams of old. I have nothing but the utmost respect for what the 2005 Cats have been able to accomplish thus far.

Comparing teams of the past with this team is very hard to do.

1. We wore leather helmet's back then.Today they have the best money can buy.

2.We only had 2 coaches. Today it looks like a college team out there with all the coaches. Thus it takes that many if you want to compete with the states best teams.

3.Play-offs I think is the kicker. When I played everybody and their brother didn't make the play-offs like the teams do today. If that was the case then I like to think that we could have possibly been playing for a state title as well.

But all this is trivial and makes no difference. Maybe another thread or another time. Let's don't take away from the team and the great success that they have had. Let's join together and support our brothers of the best family in the football world. THE LIVINGSTON ACADEMY WILDCATS

3.Play-offs I think is the kicker. When I played everybody and their brother didn't make the play-offs like the teams do today. If that was the case then I like to think that we could have possibly been playing for a state title as well.

i don't think the playoff system would have made much difference to us we could barely compete with the local teams around us. we had alot of heart just not alot of tallent back then we had a couple of decent players but none like the 2005 CATS. the problem that we had back then was that we had to take the horse and buggie to the games and ole bessie and jack could not haul us to Knoxville. that is why we are doing so well is because we have played great competition all year long.

Go cats show us ole dreamers a thing or two

Edited by Rock Crusher Mountain

i don't think the playoff system would have made much difference to us we could barely compete with the local teams around us. we had alot of heart just not alot of tallent back then we had a couple of decent players but none like the 2005 CATS. the problem that we had back then was that we had to take the horse and buggie to the games and ole bessie and jack could not haul us to Knoxville. that is why we are doing so well is because we have played great competition all year long.

Go cats show us ole dreamers a thing or two

The play-off system might not have made a difference to the teams you played on but they sure would have the ones I played on. Sounds like to me your the one doing the dreaming. I've been there and done that.