Heritage over AE

TdTbb

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heritage beats AE in close one. Cait is injured. Anyone know how bad?

The "All American" got a bunch of home cooking calls that went her way.. I must admit she is an exciting player but Heritage is nothing without her. She has a lot to work on before she's suited up in the orange and white. The first thing she needs to get out of the habit of the flop which was not called.

In my opinion, Cait torn her ACL again. It was a bad sight to see and a bad call for the ref to stop play when Hertiage didn't have possesion of the ball. The ref is only supposed to stop play when there is a head injury or a serious injury. AE had a player down and holding her knee just like Cait but they let the play go on. There were a lot of questionable calls by the refs tonight. A lot more should've been called on Cait for her floppying act but they all went against AE. No excuse being made just typing the truth..

But if the Lady Roadrunners would've connected on their free throws, AE would've blew the Lady Mountaineers out. If that team is ranked 15th in the nation and 6th in the South, the Lady Roadrunners need to be ranked right behind them because I didn't see a national ranked team tonight except for AE.

JUST KEEPIN' IT REAL!!!!!!

I can't believe that the young ladies parents, and coach would put her in the situation to possibly end her career.

It was a NOVEMBER game that didn't mean squat, should have let her sit out and get her ready for the stretch like AE It didn't look good.

As far as the call where they stopped play and got her off the court with the ball on the opposite end and nothing when the girl for AE went down was just a BLOWN call, not the reason AE lost. AE lost because they missed too many free throws and easy shots.

I hope Ms. McMahan is alright and also the two girls that had sprained ankles for AE.

Great game very excititing!!!

Well if you know Cait she does not want to sit out of any game. She just loves to play. I have talk with her before and that what this young lady loves BASKETBALL

Get Better soon Cait!!

Of course any player who sign with a big time college will feel the same way but you have to admit a GOLD ball at the end of the year would feel much better than sitting out another season because of a TORN ACL. That was a dumb call on the COACH and the parents. Health is more important!

Oh yeah in my book, she's not all that she's talked up to be. 2 sophomores schooled her tonight.

Of course any player who sign with a big time college will feel the same way but you have to admit a GOLD ball at the end of the year would feel much better than sitting out another season because of a TORN ACL. That was a dumb call on the COACH and the parents. Health is more important!

Oh yeah in my book, she's not all that she's talked up to be. 2 sophomores schooled her tonight.

True she should have stayed out. But, If cait's not all she is hyped up to be then how can she score 42 the night before on a good Greenville team.

Turtle, you have a lot to say. First off, for Heritage not to be anything without her, then how did they mange to come back and defeat AE in the fourth quarter without Cait physically being there? And as far as her "coaches and parents putting her in the situatuion", well thats none of your business. I am sure if you played and you were playing a good team like AE, you would like to play also! It was a great game! Congrats to both teams and hope evyong is okay on both sides!

Turtle....you must not have been at the game. AE did play well and nothing should be taken from them but to say that Heritage is nothing without Cait is just plain wrong!! The Lady Mountaineers were down when Cait went down and picked up their game taking the win....no home cooking calls. Many calls went against HHS also...the officiating was not the best for sure. Very disturbing that there are so many negative remarks made about Cait...some AE fans as well as bench personnel applauded and cheered when she got hurt...such a sad thing that adults would act in this way. Cait does not deserve that. She is a great player and has a work ethic that all athletes should look up to. It bothers me that fans...adults... and coaches would think this was an auspicious time to stand and applaud. As for the comment about wearing the orange....Cait is the Great and she will do just fine!

Get well soon Cait....we love watching your game.

as far as her "coaches and parents putting her in the situatuion", well thats none of your business.

It's the parents and coaches job to look out for the welfare of the student-athletes and to let her play after she "HEARD A POP" (as reported on WVLT) is asinine.

If she injures her knee and the coaches and parents willing let her play that's endangerment.

http://www.volunteertv.com/Global/story.as...1&nav=menu185_4

Lady Vols' Signee Injures Knee

November 26, 2005

(WVLT Volunteer TV) - Heritage high school senior guard Cait McMahan suffered another injury to her right knee Saturday night during the Lady Mountaineers 68-63 win over Austin-East.

The plan is to have an MRI performed this week to check out the extent of the damage.

Cait's knee gave out during the second half of Saturday's game, she scored 23 points before coming out for good. Cait's mother tells WVLT Volunteer TV Cait heard a pop inside her knee, Heritage trainers are ruling out MCL damage - Cait sprained her MCL last march, forcing her to miss the Lady Mountaineers' post-season run. Possible cartilage, LCL or ACL damage is the concern this time.

Cait signed to play for Pat Summitt and the Lady Vols on November 9th.

First of all, I was at the game and I do know what I'm talking about. I did not see any fans nor players of AE clapping while she was down. The only applauding I saw was when she hopped off the court.

When she left the game, they were down by 3 and her scoring a lot of points boy that's called a team that needs help!!! A true point guard is looking to get more assists than points and your girl was just driving the lane and shooting whatever and whenever. Free Throws is what killed the Lady Roadrunners like it or not!!

Alcoa06- Number 4 and 22 of AE took the girl to the HOLE the whole night until the ref started calling those nutty calls. They were to quick for Cait. She's going have to work on defense or else she won't see the court on Pat's team.

She's a good player and I'm not going to take anything from her but like I said, without her being there, Heritage will need BUNCH OF HELP!!!