Heritage over AE

TdTbb

It was a very good game even though we loss. The Lady Roadrunners played good for most of the game. They seemed to get frustrated toward the end of the game when all the "madness" was going on.

I agree missed free throws didn't help our cause. However, I do feel that the Lady Mountaineers benefitted from some very questionable officiating in the last 6 minutes of the 4th quarter. It's almost like the refs got intimidated by the Heritage crowd after Cait's injury and wouldn't call anything against them.

Cait is a great player and I hope that her injury isn't real serious. Good luck to Heritage for the rest of the season! If Cait's injury is serious, you're going to need it!!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I was at the game and I do know what I'm talking about. I did not see any fans nor players of AE clapping while she was down. The only applauding I saw was when she hopped off the court

The applauding was not from a player on the bench...it was an adult...not sure what the persons role is on the team but was on the bench. Yes, Heritage is going to hurt if Cait is not there but lets not take anything away from the rest of the team. They are a good team....and proved it after Caits injury.

Plus....Cait is one of the most unselfish players around....she is a true point guard and makes plenty assists.

Edited by east10acbball

Some of you all might not understand that these are highschool girls you are talking about and I'm pretty sure they read what EVERYONE is writing about them. If you do not have something positive to say then I believe it shouldn't be said. You don't know what some of these girls go through or about their life outside of basketball so you should not sit here and judge. I'm sure most of you are grown adults with daughters playing the game and you are just bitter. Don't say that Cait has torn her ACL when there is not any physical evidence of an MRI yet. That kid will be devastated if she has to miss her senior season and if she's not able to take her to team to the boro. She is the most talented young lady and has the biggest heart I have ever seen. She deserves to wear the Lady Vol uniform and she does understand completely there are aspects of her game that she needs to work on. Having not been at the game I cannot comment on what happened but I have heard many good things about the AE team. Good luck to both teams and I pray that everything is alright with Ms. McMahan.

I think you're making up stuff now. If you didn't notice the WHOLE gymnasium was silent while Cait was down. No one and I mean, NO ONE was up walking nor talking. I being a Lady Roadrunner fan felt sorry for Cait and the Heritage basketball program because I knew deep down in my heart that they will need her in order to compete in the season. Heritage relies on Cait to much. I noticed every time she went out it was just for 1 minute or less. Come on now, if they're the 15 National ranked team why not leave her out for longer and see what the other girls can do?

All you fans of the Lady Mountaineers you need to learn how to accept criticism because you'll going to receive a lot especially if you're a "National Ranked Team." I seen a High School All American but not a National Ranked Team play last night. I'm sorry but I'm just keeping it real!!!

If Heritage is 15 National and 5th in the South, AE should be ranked right there behind them. Those polls are just like the BCS polls not worth a flip...

Some of you all might not understand that these are highschool girls you are talking about and I'm pretty sure they read what EVERYONE is writing about them. If you do not have something positive to say then I believe it shouldn't be said.

If you don't know, this is a message board and many people are going to post whatever they want. If you can't accept the fact they are posting their opinion, you don't need to respond the way you did. Positive or Negative it can be posted on this site as long as it's clean.

I'm just stating I didn't see a national ranked team. I'm giving Cait her props but the team as a whole shouldn't be ranked so high up. I've seen better basketball. One player can't lead a team to the Title, it's a team effort.

Turtle, you are so fixed onthe idea that Heritage is nothing without Cait and I can think of is that "One man can be a crucial ingredient on a team, but one man cannot make a team. "--Kareem Abdul-Jabbar" She is an amazing point guard and I have no doubt in my mind she will make it as a Lady Vol! And as far as stuff being made up, that is bull because there was an ADULT on the AE bench who did stand up and clap when this happened. I along with numerous other people saw this take place. Maybe you didnt see it beacuse you didnt want to see it! No one deserves that..that shows very low class and should have never taken place. Thank you to those who did remain silence and offered there repsect in the situation. Thats how things should be.

Also Heritage does rely on Cait, as does anytime when it comes to relying on their point guard. That is not what anyone is trying to get away form. But to say they rely on her to much is going extremely overboard with the statement. She is their leader on the court and everyone knows that, but also, she relys on the rest of her team as well!

And as far as stuff being made up, that is bull because there was an ADULT on the AE bench who did stand up and clap when this happened. I along with numerous other people saw this take place.

If this really happen why don't you throw out what this person looks like? There were only 3 people on the AE bench and all three of the Adults were coaches. So what are you trying to say? The AE coaching staff applauding when Cait went down? Come on now, that's just a low class statement. I think you're making this up to make it seem like AE was just a bad program. AE basically showed you and Cait how LSU is going to play once she gets to college.

I'm not going to sit here and fuss at yall because I know what's what when the season starts back. They won't be as good as they were. Trust me, they're not a 15 national ranked team with Cait and they're definitely ain't one without her. It's going to be a LONG SEASON out in the boondies B)

I have another question: Is Cait the only person who was hurt yesterday? I mean, are you all going to ask about the 3 Lady Roadrunners that went down yesterday? I mean, wow, you're talking about conceited fans B)

Everyone is aware of the AE players who were injured. Parents as well as coaches of Heritage were right there with those players in the training room last night giving whater help and support they could. I hope these girls are ok and they are in our thoughts as well. The game was very physical and hats are off to both teams for their efforts. AE does have a good program and is well respected by Heritage.

I completely understand that this is a message board and opinions are like toeholes..Everyone has them..I guess it doesn't matter how illiterate the person is. My point is that these are teenage girls with feelings and I think everyone should respect that. Seeing as how you can post any darn thing you want I believe I also have the right to POST MY OPINION. I have heard plenty of good things about AE and I'm not taking anything away from them. Like I said I was not at the game but I can read a newspaper and the end result was that Heritage DID IN FACT WIN so you obviously need to move on past this yourself. Hillary Tipton and the rest of the squad obviously did everything in their power to come out with a W inspite of missing McMahan. Of course Heritage depends on Cait but they also have a well rounded group of players. Just because they are not D1 caliber like Cait does not mean they do not have talent. To play competitive highschool ball you have to have talent. As far as being nationally ranked why don't you call up USA TODAY and tell them they aren't doing their job right. While you're at it you can call Pat Summitt as well and tell her what you think of her future ball player.

What's up People? I just wanted to give my girls a shout out for an outstanding game last night. I like the way you all, push the "big gals" around. You proved to the State that you should be ranked in the South as well. But girls, please work on the Free Throws!! We should've won that game by double digits but you all missed to many free throws. Well as the saying goes, "Wait til next time!" I'm sure you'll beat them down if you all were to play again.

Lady Roadrunners gained RESPECT after that game...