Ravenwood vs. Oak Ridge

WarriorFan

As a parent who has been fortunate enuff to watch my son take home the Gold Ball in 98..........parents from both teams.......enjoy the atmosphere...drink it in esp if your son is a senior. Take tons and tons of pictures of the crowd, of family in the stands, of girlfriends.......you name it. Take them of cheerleaders, of the band , of the scoreboard, and of the field. Take pics of warmups....the coin toss, the runn9ing thru the sign. And then take a zillion during the game, after the game, and esp of your son's teammates and coaches. These are moment s that you can never get back and one that you will look back on for a lifetime. I was lucky.....I had a family friend who did all of the above for our family. They were put ina scrapbook and given to us a gift. Some of the pics of us cheering and celebrating in the stand were priceless.....not to mention my son's reactions at the final horn. Enjoy, enjoy and congrats for getting to the BIG SHOW!

Edited by 2priceless

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not underestimate Ravenwood. Its obvious that most people are, based on the fact that the 4A championship game is on its 4th page and this has 11 posts. This will be closer than most people think.

If you add the two threads, thats 4 pages

We are taking this seriously

Edited by CardinalCat

THis could be the worst game on the carpet this year-if oak ridge plays like they are capable of this game may not even be close-but this is for state championship and ravenwood should come out playing their best ball of the year which i expect they will but oak ridge will to-oak ridge will eventually wear out ravenwood in the second half and never look book-

Oak Ridge-28

Ravenwood-7

How can someone make a statement like this when they have not even seen the other team play!!!Very bold post!!!

So far in every thread that had ravenwood playing another team a lot of people were underestimating ravenwood. Even in the ravenwood vs overton thread there were people saying that the overton Defense was gonna pull off the upset. All i can say is say what you wanna say and think what you wanna think... this game will be close. Ravenwood has one of the best run defenses in the state. holding Aaron Crawford from ridgeway under 100 yards rushing and 72 yards below his average. An if Dillon Williams plays like he played last friday you better look out. And i dont think John Lopez has missed a FG all playoffs other than that PAT, which we all know he made up for. Lopez also kept the Ridgeway kickoff returners in check with some nice squib kicks that either took forever to get back to them or were speedy and bounced right thru there hands. Good to see that the SP Teams are on target. That could be the difference in next saturday's game

THis could be the worst game on the carpet this year-if oak ridge plays like they are capable of this game may not even be close-but this is for state championship and ravenwood should come out playing their best ball of the year which i expect they will but oak ridge will to-oak ridge will eventually wear out ravenwood in the second half and never look book-

Oak Ridge-28

Ravenwood-7

Keep thinking that!

Higher you climb that mountain, higher is the fall!

Edited by rapbwood

Yeah we know.... the bigger they are the harder they fall......but the smaller they are the farther they fly. Old beer joint saying. Don't ask me where I got it.

Everyone seems to be worried that Oak Ridge is going to overlook Ravenwood. (Probably the Ravenwood people hoping)But there is only one game left and it's for all the marbles, the whole nine yards, the whole 27 feet.... you get my drift? Ain't goin to happen.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

WE ARE IN THE BORO.

Edited by bounder

Oak Ridge as a community has been in this situation before. As a team they haven't just as Ravenwood. I just don't know who is going to win, both teams are great at what they do on the O-side of the ball and "The Dark Side" is an attacking style d instead of bend but don't break. The D of Ravenwood has gone against some talented teams to get there themselves. The only advice I could give to Ravenwood would be don't be in awe of the surroundings. Most of the time teams who get slaughtered were just that. They were happy to be there and it showed on the score board. If the Oak RIdge team is better than the 91 team then Ravenwood could find for a long cold night. Good Luck to both teams.

Edited by wave88