Ravenwood vs. Oak Ridge

WarriorFan

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ole Dad....it appears to be keeping your attention since you are posting.....that is what this thread is about in good sport and good humor......no one should ever get ugly acting on the posts, although it can rile us up at times!!!! They are for fun. :thumb: I haven't seen a post on here where OR fans are agreeing with us that we are good, nor have I seen any post where OR fans are not saying they won't take out Ravenwood pretty bad. I believe both teams deserve to be there, and it will be a heck of a game! I am like you! Can't wait til Saturday. It will be a great day in all classifications. Good teams the whole day.

Another case of someone reading into a post what they want it to say. I believe I see many posts from OR fans giving Ravenwood credit for being there. Where are the ones saying "we will take out Ravenwood pretty bad". I saw ONE prediction of 28-7. If you're going to flame, at least flame with the truth.

Are you really serious with this post? Dag Gum It. Those Oak Ridge fellows must be really smart to think about sending someone to watch their upcoming opponent. Must be all them dad blame scientists that came up with that plan. I hope it doesn't catch on and other people start copying that stategy. I bet the dad gum colleges would even try it if they heard about it.

PS. don't let your coaches see that post, they may ban you from their games for being too ignorant to be a fan.

Ole Dad

If Oak Ridge has so much confidence for victory next Saturday, why send an assistant coach over to scout the Ravenwood - Ridgeway game when a major struggle was going on with Riverdale at the time?

Are you really serious with this post? Dag Gum It. Those Oak Ridge fellows must be really smart to think about sending someone to watch their upcoming opponent. Must be all them dad blame scientists that came up with that plan. I hope it doesn't catch on and other people start copying that stategy. I bet the dad gum colleges would even try it if they heard about it.

PS. don't let your coaches see that post, they may ban you from their games for being too ignorant to be a fan.

Ole Dad

That's funny!!

CoachT should really make people pass a test of football knowledge or at least be a member for 30 days before they can post. Maybe put some training wheels on them for the first 30 days. LOL

Ole Dad

If Oak Ridge has so much confidence for victory next Saturday, why send an assistant coach over to scout the Ravenwood - Ridgeway game when a major struggle was going on with Riverdale at the time?

Ole Dad

It is standard practice in the playoffs to send a coach to scout the opposition. you see both teams at once.....so no matter who wins you have seen both and have a good live view that film doesn't capture. They also set up times to exchange tape with both possible opponents. If you lose....obviously you won't be there to make the trade. This is not being cocky nor is it thinking one team isn't capable of winning the game. It is simply GOOD coaching.....

Pat,

I'm not denying that I post on here, my point is that everyone knows Ravenwood has a good team and I haven't seen a post that has dished them myself. You don't make it to the finals without having a good team. We are all looking forward to a great game and another 12,000 in attendence.

Ole Dad

:thumb:

Ole Dad....it appears to be keeping your attention since you are posting.....that is what this thread is about in good sport and good humor......no one should ever get ugly acting on the posts, although it can rile us up at times!!!! They are for fun. B) I haven't seen a post on here where OR fans are agreeing with us that we are good, nor have I seen any post where OR fans are not saying they won't take out Ravenwood pretty bad. I believe both teams deserve to be there, and it will be a heck of a game! I am like you! Can't wait til Saturday. It will be a great day in all classifications. Good teams the whole day.

Another case of someone reading into a post what they want it to say. I believe I see many posts from OR fans giving Ravenwood credit for being there. Where are the ones saying "we will take out Ravenwood pretty bad". I saw ONE prediction of 28-7. If you're going to flame, at least flame with the truth.

Actually, there was another thread about this game that was closed......best to start there and work your way to this thread..........

Sorry to disagree, but my son is one of those seniors. He was 4 when we last won state, well out of diapers, and by this time running to the steps to pat the Wildcats on the shoulderpads as they made their way down the steps to Blankenship Field.

We know little of Ravenwood as the program is so new. However, one must respect a program that has come so far in so little time. It appears you are writing history and building tradition of your own.

But Blankenship Field is not Dudley Field at Vanderbilt where they played the state championship in 1991. Has he ever been to the excitement of a state championship game as a spectator?

I have much respect for OR, don't get me wrong...........you guys are one of the best in the state, year end and year out. I am looking forward to the game. You guys will bring a huge crowd if I remember from the 1991 state championship!

Uh.......I have been to many a champ game both at Vandy and at Middle. There is this thing...it is really big...emits diesel fumes...and takes up a LOT of room on the road and many parking spaces. It is yellow and full of faces in the windows..... usually has a county printed on the side in big black letters. I have seen many many many entire football teams...yes from as far away as EAST TN....come and spend the day at the state champ site. If they are in their team jersey ..they get in FREEEEEEEE!!! I would venture to say that maybe, just maybe, those poor disadvantaged kids from OR MAY have done that at one point in time.

2p

We have had people at other games scouting since the 70's when Emory was coaching and most other successful programs have done so for that long as well.. My post was meant to be tongue in cheek.

Ole Dad

It is standard practice in the playoffs to send a coach to scout the opposition. you see both teams at once.....so no matter who wins you have seen both and have a good live view that film doesn't capture. They also set up times to exchange tape with both possible opponents. If you lose....obviously you won't be there to make the trade. This is not being cocky nor is it thinking one team isn't capable of winning the game. It is simply GOOD coaching.....