5A Mr. Football

TankTalk

another Manning conspiracy. Not to say Miller is a great back but they had the Mr. Football last season as well so spread the wealth around. SP will go down in the top ten with the most career rushing yards make sure TSSAA gets it right. Patrick Flanangan from Ooltewah rushed for more yards than Westmorland and I have submitted this to them on at least five occasions and they still have not updated it I guess since he did not play for Tennessee it doesn't count, he lost the Mr. Football Award also to a Riverdale player JR or SR year.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Gaston Miller and his collegiate teammate Adam Smotherman. Both are "Great Character" guys. Regardless of what others are saying. When it boils down there must have something in the stat line that made the voters sway one way or the other. And i am sure everybody wants their hometown hero to win. But like the championship everyone can't. And can you say Miller is deserving, then turn around and say the award is a joke now. Sounds a little bit contradictory. Why cheapen someone's accomplishment that way. As for spreading the trophy around. If the TSSAA were gonna pick a specific region to spread the tropy around there would be no need for a voting prcess, Would there. And as for East Tennessee only having 1 D-1 Committal, I don't think the Mr. Football award is directly responsible for that. And if so we both need to go to the supreme court and find out why college programs nationwade have this conspiracy against East Tennessee football. And in closing, once again Congrats.

Obviously, you read my comments the way you wanted to read them.

This doesn't come from this year's decision, but from years of obvious bias to the eastern part of the state. I, personally, would love to find a corporate sponsor and begin handing out a couple of East Tennessee awards alone, using an actual fair and KNOWN panel to choose the winners.

Gaston Miller's numbers speak for themselves. Riverdale's dominance in the Mr. Football awards speaks volumes about that outstanding program, but there is no way since 1993 that no East Tennessee player doesn't deserve that award as well.

For you to accuse me of trying to diminish a young man's accomplishments without knowing what I do for a living, or the time-consuming effort I have put forth to make sure student-athletes get what they deserve, is not fair at all. Is it arrogance on your part? I don't know ... I don't make judgements about people I don't know personally.

I was simply saying to me personally, the award is a joke. I should have said process, I give you that much. To let so many pick the finalist is one thing, by the way, I know of some 14-year old webmasters who are able to pick the Mr. Football finalist, because they have taken the painstakingly long five minutes to fill out the form on the TSSAA website. What I want ... is to KNOW who makes up the final portion of the selection committee.

I will find out, because I want to truly see if it is a body of the media that is well represented by ALL parts of the state. It wouldn't hurt to let the public know those facts.

Smo from smyrna is the most overrated lineman in tennessee, just b/c his combine timings are good doesnt mean nothing b/c when me and some friends went to watch him play, he didnt spark my eye one bit.

The key phrase there is that you and your friends went to watch him play. So who was on the field and who wasn't? :thumb:

Smo from smyrna is the most overrated lineman in tennessee, just b/c his combine timings are good doesnt mean nothing b/c when me and some friends went to watch him play, he didnt spark my eye one bit.

you've got to be kidding me.. ask anyone, anyone who plays and they will tell you he is a great athlete.. i mean i guess he so "overrated" that an SEC school would give him a full ride.. i guess you're totally right and the Vandy recruiters do not know what they are doing and should quit.. come on man.. dont bash a well deserved athlete.. think before you post

you've got to be kidding me.. ask anyone, anyone who plays and they will tell you he is a great athlete.. i mean i guess he so "overrated" that an SEC school would give him a full ride.. i guess you're totally right and the Vandy recruiters do not know what they are doing and should quit.. come on man.. dont bash a well deserved athlete.. think before you post

Practice what you are preaching. He NEVER bashed Miller he is bashing the system.

Not a 5A guy, we play in 4A but I figured Miller lost it Saturday night at Oak Ridge. Although not his fault isn't that the way things usually work out. Heisman doesn't go to the best athlete is goes to the media darling at one of the best schools. These awards are and always will be biased, they should do away with them and just have All-State teams. How can any of these voters know that one player is any better that any other player in the state?