Boo for Mr. Football

DeeVon

Boo wins it. Congrats.

My thoughts on the selections of 2A football winners: Chris Donald, did he not have better statistics than "Boo". I'm sure he is an outstanding young man but he didn't even have the best year as a running back on his own team much less more deserving than Lindsey or Guy. Guy would have been my pick but I figured Lindsey would get the award. Brandon Warren? Character an issue! Prior to the playoffs he already had been ejected earlier in the season around week 2 or 3! Should this not have eliminated him from consideration? Cmon, who votes on these awards? TSSAA did you intervene, should you intervene? I would think you are the organization taking a pounding on this one. Do you really care? I think all the finalists in every classification are probably of good character even Brandon Warren, but his slip ups should not allow him to earn this prestigious award. What was the reasoning and logic in Weathers being selected? Am I seeing this wrong? Gimme some feedback

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts on the selections of 2A football winners: Chris Donald, did he not have better statistics than "Boo". I'm sure he is an outstanding young man but he didn't even have the best year as a running back on his own team much less more deserving than Lindsey or Guy. Guy would have been my pick but I figured Lindsey would get the award. Brandon Warren? Character an issue! Prior to the playoffs he already had been ejected earlier in the season around week 2 or 3! Should this not have eliminated him from consideration? Cmon, who votes on these awards? TSSAA did you intervene, should you intervene? I would think you are the organization taking a pounding on this one. Do you really care? I think all the finalists in every classification are probably of good character even Brandon Warren, but his slip ups should not allow him to earn this prestigious award. What was the reasoning and logic in Weathers being selected? Am I seeing this wrong? Gimme some feedback

i agree 200% w/ u ... i guarantee some huntingdon fan will get on here and say im crying and say well u barely beat us but.... 2 in a row is what i like to call a winning streak... and now that im no longer on the team b/c my football career has come to an end i can now voice my opinions freely :thumb:

This is the second year in a row that Duck has got shafted. He should have won it last year when he tied the state record for rushing touchdowns in a season. Awards like this are a joke anyways, and all that matters is that Duck will have two state championship rings to show off to all the other finalists, and I would much rather have one of those than a Mr. Football.

Agreed that Guy carried Westview, but getting on here and bashing Boo because he won aint going to get Guy the award. I personally thought that Boo deserved it last year. Boo did have injuries that plauged him all season, and he still had great numbers on both sides of the ball. I'm sure he would tell you that the other finalist were just as or more deserving as he was. Congrats Boo.

The Mr.Football Award is a joke, we all know it! It's all about politics! If they were really gonna give the award to a deserving person they would have given it to Dustin Lindsey or Markei Guy! My question is why was Boo nominated anyway? Oh well, its all over now and we all know who the real Mr.Football should be, take your pick: Markei Guy or Dustin Lindsey! :thumb:

Postseason has nothing to do with this award. IMO the Mr. Football has become a joke. It goes to the guy who gets the most hype from the media and not the most deserving. All the back in 2A are great individuals and have many reasons they should win the award but Guy like I said earlier took an average team to the region championship in a very tough region. Boo has a great line to run behind and Donald as another weapon, Alcoa is loaded with weapons, Westview only had Guy.

That is a great compliment to a VERY inexperienced line. There was a total of 1 returning lineman on this years team and none of the other guys had EVER started on the line.

I will agree that without Guy, Westview was one dimensional. However, this award is not about who is the MVP for their team. Maybe both of the other finalist did have better offensive numbers this year than Boo but I would dare say that neither of them came close to playing the number of snaps during their career as Boo did. He has played BOTH sides of the ball as a starter since he was a sophomore.

Edited by stangfan

Everyone needs to quit whining and just take it as it comes. Westview wins a few games and now they think they deserve every award there is to offer. I think they have realized that next year it's back to REALITY! (An average program) Kinda like UTM :thumb:

Just to give you something to think about: Could Markei start in Huntingdon's backfield? NOPE!!!

If you could replace Markei with either of Huntingdons backs which would it be... BOO or CHRIS?

I SAY NEITHER!!!! POINT PROVEN!!

Congrats BOO......... Way to GO!!

GO STANGS!!