District 8-AAA

Shootmore

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Why has Lawrence Co not got all of their team together. Injuries? Players quit? Not wanting to play for the coach? Would like to know and see what they have there that is not playing that could propel them to walk through the district.

Edited by jrm2x

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely not this district is as strong as any. Just wait til region. #'s 1-2 could go to the state in the right brackets. 3-4 are and will be no slouch and we don't know who they'll be. Don't give up on the district. Big if with Lawrence Co. Columbia could say the same thing.

I just don't see it. Shelbyville is weaker than most years. Columbia is weak and then there is the rest of the bunch. Personally, I think we will have a real dogfight to get out of the region.

Would you guys and girls admit that this is the worst year for 8AAA in terms of talent? I can't remember the district being this down and I've been following this district for at least 18 to 20 yrs. I also don't want to get into the Lawrence Co/Muckle thing but if we had our full team together we would walk through this district.

Don't know that I would proclaim a waltz through the district (too many if's, and's and but's) but it is a testament to the girls who are playing, seeing as how they are 3rd right now and remember, they are hosting the district.

I just don't see it. Shelbyville is weaker than most years. Columbia is weak and then there is the rest of the bunch. Personally, I think we will have a real dogfight to get out of the region.

#1 Shelbyville's only weakness is at guard. they have beaten the teams ranked 1 and 2 in the state.

#2 Columbia has battled USA top 25 teams and fared well and beat some of the same teams Shelbyville has in pre season and camps.

They have beaten each other on each others home floor. Something the current 1 and 2 teams in the state so far have only done once.

This district is not as strong as 9AAA but still could send 2 teams to the state tournament with work.

When does the first round begin?

Does the girls play on one night and the boys the next?

When does it move to L'Burg?

Again, is it girls then boys, or mixed?

I believe this is right??

**On Mon. Feb 20 it is all girls games. #1 gets bye, #2 host #7, #3 host #6,

#4 host #5 At higher seed home gym

**On Tues. Feb 21 it is all boys games. #1 gets bye, #2 host #7, #3 host #6,

#4 host #5 At higher seed home gym

**On Wed, the tourney moves to Lawrence Co with girls games only.

**On Thursday at Lawrence Co, boys games only.

**Friday- Girls consolation and championship @ Law, Co.

**Saturday- Boys consolation and championship @ Law. Co.

I was told last year that this is the format that would be used this year. I will try to check and confirm.

Edited by Shootmore

I've seen alot of the district 8-AAA and 7-AAA teams, except for Columbia Central. Without seeing Columbia, I say Shelbyville is a very good team. Siegel, White County, and maybe Riverdale are the only threats in 7-AAA. I think it will be Shelbyville vs White County and Siegel vs Columbia Central in the regionals.

Edited by tdluna

Why has Lawrence Co not got all of their team together. Injuries? Players quit? Not wanting to play for the coach? Would like to know and see what they have there that is not playing that could propel them to walk through the district.

We have had 10 players leave the team in the past year. Of these 10, 3 were starters last year and in my opinion 6 or 7 of the 10 could have played important minutes this year thus giving us depth we don't have now. Of the 3 starters that left, 2 of them are starters for AAA teams that are currently in first place in their districts. The other starter a senior, remains at L.C.H.S and is not playing ball. Add to this that we have lost 3 assistant coaches in the past year for one reason or the other and you can see what a battle the L.C.H.S. ladies have been through and yet they are currently in third place in the district. One of their wins was over a first place district team. These women are not walking through the district, they are hacking their way through it with machetes. Every game is a challenge and a war and they win the most of them. There is not enough that can be said for this team. Heart, determination, zeal, guts, love of the game and a very strong desire to win only starts to describe what these ladies are made of.

As far as what could have been, I don't know if it is good to even think about that anymore, but I do about 60% of the time all the time :lol: As far as I remember, there are no strolls through 8AAA for anyone, but our journey this year and for the next two could have been much more like a picnic than a war. But, if it must be war, then let's get it on!!!!!!!!!! Go Cat Go!!!!!!!!!!

HOOPS TO YA!!!!!

kw

Here is how it stacks up:

Shelbyville 9-2 vs Tullahoma

Columbia 9-2 @Lincoln Co.

Lawrence Co. 6-6 ----------- Completed District Schedule

Franklin Co 6-5 vs. Coffee Co

Lincoln Co. 5-6 vs Columbia

Coffee Co. 4-7 @Franklin Co

Tullahoma 0-11 @ Shelbyville

Final District games of the regular season will be played Friday.

Edited by Shootmore