Shootmore

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is my understanding that Shayla Willis tore her ACL. The Foster kid is also nursing a stress fracture and didnt play against Moore County. This year has been topsy-turvy. I guess the big surprise is Lincoln Co. being a possible 6th seed. Particularly if they would lose to Coffee County tonight. Lawrence County has been a surprise, but I cant see them being effective at Shelbyville or Columbia,although itwouldnt surprise me at all if they were in the district finals. I do see the possibility of all 4 teams winning 1st round region games. Riverdale is good, but not good enough to be heavily favored in a first round game. Remember that since the satellite started for region 1st round games, 8-AAA`s No.3 has won every year at 7-AAA`s No.2.

friday 2/3 scores and standings:

Shelbyville 56 Lawrence Co 38

Lincoln Co 50 Coffee Co 34

Columbia 56 Giles Co 39

Franklin Co 65 Tullahoma 43

1. (tie) Columbia and Shelbyville @ 8-2

3. Lawrence Co @ 6-5

4. Franklin Co @ 5-5 (won only game so far vs. Lincoln Co)

5. Lincoln Co @ 5-5

6. Coffee Co @ 4-6

7. Tullahoma @ 0-11

next week's schedule:

tuesday 2/7:

Lawrence Co @ Columbia

Shelbyville @ Coffee Co

Franklin Co @ Lincoln Co

friday 2/10:

Tullahoma @ Shelbyville

Columbia @ Lincoln Co

Coffee Co @ Franklin Co

Loretto @ Lawrence Co

Edited by coachlj65

friday 2/3 scores and standings (based on the assumption Franklin Co beat Tullahoma):

Shelbyville 56 Lawrence Co 38

Lincoln Co 50 Coffee Co 34

Columbia 56 Giles Co 39

Franklin Co ? Tullahoma ?

1. (tie) Columbia and Shelbyville @ 8-2

3. Lawrence Co @ 6-5

4. Franklin Co @ 5-5 (won only game so far vs. Lincoln Co)

5. Lincoln Co @ 5-5

6. Coffee Co @ 4-6

7. Tullahoma @ 0-11

Franklin Co beat Tullahoma by 22. Not sure of actual score?? Sorry!

Lincoln County is an up and down team. I think the loss of assistant Coach Jean really hurt the Lady Falcons. I don't see LC making it to the regionals. Unless they peak in the district, which is very unlikely... I would give the Lady Falcons the most disappointing team of the year award.

Lincoln County is an up and down team. I think the loss of assistant Coach Jean really hurt the Lady Falcons. I don't see LC making it to the regionals. Unless they peak in the district, which is very unlikely... I would give the Lady Falcons the most disappointing team of the year award.

tdluna, I picked them to win the district! :)

I'll second that. I watched them play the end of last year and this summer and I thought they would come STRONG this year....................... That's why they play them! :)

It getting intersting in this district. But I would hate to decide #1 or #2 by a coin flip. By I guess you should win the games when you go head to head.

The four that comes at of this district will do well in the region I would think. This district (in a way) like the SEC they beat up on each other and sometimes don't have much left for the region( Linclon Co last year)

This team has gone through some adversity this year that is not known to the genral public! I am very close to the team and I know some of the details. After the loss to Marshall County, everything came to a head. The quote "Good things come from bad things" applies here!!!!!! Practices on Wednesday and Thursday were the kind in which a team digs down low and finds some rededication! WELL, I think we saw the results against Coffee Co. I will be honest with you, that team on Friday night looked like the Lady Falcon team from last year. Let's just see if they can continue to play that way down the stretch!

Edited by LC_FALCONS_98

This team has gone through some adversity this year that is not known to the genral public! I am very close to the team and I know some of the details. After the loss to Marshall County, everything came to a head. The quote "Good things come from bad things" applies here!!!!!! Practices on Wednesday and Thursday were the kind in which a team digs down low and finds some rededication! WELL, I think we saw the results against Coffee Co. I will be honest with you, that team on Friday night looked like the Lady Falcon team from last year. Let's just see if they can continue to play that way down the stretch!

Maybe so, but CC's best player was injured early in the game.

Would you guys and girls admit that this is the worst year for 8AAA in terms of talent? I can't remember the district being this down and I've been following this district for at least 18 to 20 yrs. I also don't want to get into the Lawrence Co/Muckle thing but if we had our full team together we would walk through this district.

Would you guys and girls admit that this is the worst year for 8AAA in terms of talent? I can't remember the district being this down and I've been following this district for at least 18 to 20 yrs. I also don't want to get into the Lawrence Co/Muckle thing but if we had our full team together we would walk through this district.

Absolutely not this district is as strong as any. Just wait til region. #'s 1-2 could go to the state in the right brackets. 3-4 are and will be no slouch and we don't know who they'll be. Don't give up on the district. Big if with Lawrence Co. Columbia could say the same thing.