District 8-AAA

Shootmore

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

I look foward to seeing 8-AAA play 7-AAA. I really think Siegel is the only school that has any chance. The 7-AAA district is really down this year.

I agree that 7AAA may be down this year, but so is 8AAA and I don't think for a minute that 8AAA is going to walk through 7AAA like a Sunday afternoon stroll. Trust me on this one, any of the 8 teams going into region have a shot at making it out. The two that do make it will have to battle for their lives from there on.

Good luck to all the teams. This is what you have trained all year for and now it is here. I hope that every team plays their very best every outing, because if they do, we are all in for a treat.

HOOPS TO YA!!!!!!!!!!

kw

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it looks like I was 2 for 3.

I knew the Wildkitties would be hard to tame on their home floor and wanted a good start to that rescheduled dance afterwards.

The Lady Lions took care of business also

Congratulations to Coffee Co. with a 6 seed defeating a 3 seed.

Sooooo

Lawrence Co vs. Shelbyville at 6:00 Wed at Lawrenceburg

Columbia vs. Coffee Co. at 8:00 afterwards

I'm going to have to study this one before prognosticating on these games I'll be right back

Okay I'm back

Shelbyville by 6 (if the 8 day layoff doesn't hinder them early.)

Columbia by 10. the system still will need tweaking against the Lady Lions. CC will want to run and that bodes well for Columbia.

Whatchu think?

Well it looks like I was 2 for 3.

I knew the Wildkitties would be hard to tame on their home floor and wanted a good start to that rescheduled dance afterwards.

The Lady Lions took care of business also

Congratulations to Coffee Co. with a 6 seed defeating a 3 seed.

Sooooo

Lawrence Co vs. Shelbyville at 6:00 Wed at Lawrenceburg

Columbia vs. Coffee Co. at 8:00 afterwards

I'm going to have to study this one before prognosticating on these games I'll be right back

Okay I'm back

Shelbyville by 6 (if the 8 day layoff doesn't hinder them early.)

Columbia by 10. the system still will need tweaking against the Lady Lions. CC will want to run and that bodes well for Columbia.

Whatchu think?

Is that a 6pm or 6:30 tip for Shovel and LC?

Edited by basketballfan2003

I'm watchin Fox News and all the killing and idiocrassy (is that a scrabble word?) in the middle east has got me to thinking we get so torn up over these games. I'm having fun.... I don't care I'm having fun heck yes I want the Lady Lions to win heck yes all out. I'm eating a dog too colesterol @#$%^@$%. These people on the tube are killing each other for no reason. Imagine what they'd do if they lost a camel hockey game on a Friday night. I'm sooo thankful we can have these events. Yes thank God we can have these games. Just reflecting. Yes one more time I''m having fun I do want Columbia to win but hey in the end we all are safe, free, and AMERICAN and if we lose......the sun will come up on the greatest place in the world to live (TENNESSEE) Lord willing the next day and a new day will begin. Amen?

Well, 8AAA has about run it's course for this year. This has been a great thread and is approaching the 10,000 hit mark. Great job shootmore!!! It will not be long now and I'll be itching for Summer Camps to hurry up and open.

Time for a few Luther awards from the regular season.

(1) Most Improved: Shelbyville, yep I said Shelbyville. From the start of the season until now, I think they have shown more improvement than any other 8AAA team. Even with a loss and a near miss toward the end of the season, they are way better than when they started. I really just didn't think they were very good early.

(2) Best Offense: Columbia, I just think their guard play and inside out combo is the best in the district.

(3) Best Defense: Shelbyville, they really know how do the "Tighten Up".

(4) Most Guts: Lawrence County, they are the little engine that could.

(5) Coach of the year: John Wild of Franklin County. I think he did more with what he had than any other coach.

(6) MVP: Alex Ross of Columbia

(7) Best Concession Stand: Most important ward to me :lol: goes to Lawrence County. No surprises here. The sausage on the east side and the pizza and chicken on the west is just too much!!!! Glad there is a early game today so I can eat early.

Best of luck to all of 8AAA in the regionals and remember to .................

HOLD THE BANNER HIGH ON AND OFF THE COURT

HOOPS TO YA!!!!!!!!!

kw

Well, 8AAA has about run it's course for this year. This has been a great thread and is approaching the 10,000 hit mark. Great job shootmore!!! It will not be long now and I'll be itching for Summer Camps to hurry up and open.

Time for a few Luther awards from the regular season.

(1) Most Improved: Shelbyville, yep I said Shelbyville. From the start of the season until now, I think they have shown more improvement than any other 8AAA team. Even with a loss and a near miss toward the end of the season, they are way better than when they started. I really just didn't think they were very good early.

(2) Best Offense: Columbia, I just think their guard play and inside out combo is the best in the district.

(3) Best Defense: Shelbyville, they really know how do the "Tighten Up".

(4) Most Guts: Lawrence County, they are the little engine that could.

(5) Coach of the year: John Wild of Franklin County. I think he did more with what he had than any other coach.

(6) MVP: Alex Ross of Columbia

(7) Best Concession Stand: Most important ward to me :) goes to Lawrence County. No surprises here. The sausage on the east side and the pizza and chicken on the west is just too much!!!! Glad there is a early game today so I can eat early.

Best of luck to all of 8AAA in the regionals and remember to .................

HOLD THE BANNER HIGH ON AND OFF THE COURT

HOOPS TO YA!!!!!!!!!

kw

Pretty good evaluation. What about Coach of the Year: What did he do so special with this team? They were 18-12 with a 1st round district lose. Last year they were 16-15 under Crabtree. Only 2 more wins than last year. And that makes him coach of the year. What did he do so specila with this team? Look at their schedule. Who did they beat of any significance? Good thing your vote don't count :thumb:

But I do agree with you about concessions!!!

Edited by Shootmore

Pretty good. What about Coach of the Year: What did he do so special with this team? They were 18-12 with a 1st round district lose. Last year they were 16-15 under Crabtree. Omly 2 more wins than last year. And that makes him coach of the year. Good thing your vote don't count :thumb:

But I do agree with you about concessions!!!

Well, it is just my opinion, so no need to think another thought about it. But, here is my reasoning.

(1) New coach means new system to be taught. Think that was done.

(2) The team finished third in the district with a very good player out for the year.

(3) This is a great group of girls, but compare the talent level at the start of this season to the two teams in front of them and for that matter the two below them .... again just my opinion, but I think he got a lot out of them.

(4) Always thought this guy was a good game coach and I still do.

Just a note about coach Crabtree. I have a lot of respect for her for all the work she has put in with that program. It was always year round and pedal to the metal. I have coached against her on a few occasions and you knew you were always in for a battle. She never quit coaching, NEVER!!! I will always be a fan of hers. Still the only coach I have seen in a AAU tourney to call time out and have her team run sprints the whole time out just to make a point. My kind of coach :)

HOOPS TO YA and Thanks Again For This Thread!!!!

kw