District 8-AAA

Shootmore

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Lawrence Co's win was the surprise and the system is not working at Coffee Co.

Man tryin to get the system to work at this time now is like tryin to herd wild kittens. Speakin of kittens, sound like the wild kitties have it goin on and the Lion queens wake up call on Tues night turnt the lites out on the system..I think next Friday night will be worth puttin my new pany hose on that I got for Christmas and get out down to Shelbyville High School. BE SWEET!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, What can I say but this year has been wild in 8AAA!!! Lady Falcons are only team able to beat those eaglettes and then lose to Franklin County in a no call slugfest. Man, Muckle ball has some luck to go with it huh, two wins on buzzer beaters (half court against Lincoln County and put back against Franklin County). How did they beat Columbia? To many surprises for me to even make any predicitons. ANY TEAM CAN WIN ON ANY GIVEN NIGHT!! Also, give some credit to Coach Kaite Galloway against Tullahoma, they havent won a game but have improved a lot. She coaches with a alot of enthusiasm. I think right now Shelbyville has the inside shot to win the season title but this 8AAA tourney is going to be a good one! I think any of the top 5 teams could win it if they catch fire at the right time! My final season predicitons look like this:

1. Shelbyville 10-2

2. Lincoln County 9-3

3. Lawrence County 8-4

4. Columbia 8-4

5. Franklin County 7-5

6. Coffee County 5-7

7. Tullahoma 1-11

WOW, What can I say but this year has been wild in 8AAA!!! Lady Falcons are only team able to beat those eaglettes and then lose to Franklin County in a no call slugfest. Man, Muckle ball has some luck to go with it huh, two wins on buzzer beaters (half court against Lincoln County and put back against Franklin County). How did they beat Columbia? To many surprises for me to even make any predicitons. ANY TEAM CAN WIN ON ANY GIVEN NIGHT!! Also, give some credit to Coach Kaite Galloway against Tullahoma, they havent won a game but have improved a lot. She coaches with a alot of enthusiasm. I think right now Shelbyville has the inside shot to win the season title but this 8AAA tourney is going to be a good one! I think any of the top 5 teams could win it if they catch fire at the right time! My final season predicitons look like this:

1. Shelbyville 10-2

2. Lincoln County 9-3

3. Lawrence County 8-4

4. Columbia 8-4

5. Franklin County 7-5

6. Coffee County 5-7

7. Tullahoma 1-11

Hasn't Lincoln co already lost 3 games in the district? I'd also wait until Tuesday night before I put them ahead of Columbia for the 2nd spot. Next week will go a long way in determining what will settle the district. I don't see Columbia losing 2 more games

just an estimate, im not a math major nor will i spend all afternoon making sure the records work out. i will leave that to you!

the rankings were the major thing!

banjor

columbia still has to play Lincoln County twice, shelbyville and I think Lawrence County one more time and you dont think they will lose two more????

Edited by LC_FALCONS_98

just an estimate, im not a math major nor will i spend all afternoon making sure the records work out. i will leave that to you!

the rankings were the major thing!

banjor

columbia still has to play Lincoln County twice, shelbyville and I think Lawrence County one more time and you dont think they will lose two more????

Absolutely not. they had a hiccup at Lawrence Co on tues. Every team has one or two of these a season. They might not beat Shelbyville on friday but Lawrence has to come to the Lions den as does Lincoln. Now teams will have to scout the Lady Lions with a new player essentially as Lampley is back and that will add several unknowns for opposing teams. So no.. they won't lose 2 more district games.

Absolutely not. they had a hiccup at Lawrence Co on tues. Every team has one or two of these a season. They might not beat Shelbyville on friday but Lawrence has to come to the Lions den as does Lincoln. Now teams will have to scout the Lady Lions with a new player essentially as Lampley is back and that will add several unknowns for opposing teams. So no.. they won't lose 2 more district games.

If the Lamp is healthy and switched to on, she will light up the place. I like Columbia on Friday. I would like to see that one, but I'll be on the road at Lincoln County. So much basketball, so little time :lol:

HOOPS TO YA!!!!!!!!!!

kw

Shelbyville 59

Tullahoma 27

Columbia 55

Lincoln Co. 42

Franklin Co. 56

Coffee Co. 50

Looks like Lincoln and Coffee have must win games on Friday night while the game of the week will be in Shelbyville. A win by Shelbyville puts them in the drivers seat while a win by Columbia keeps this thing wide open until the end. Good luck to all the 8AAA teams. It's time to "Get down and stay down, Block out and rebound"

HOOPS TO YA!!!!!!!!!!

kw

Sometimes I tend to think myself into predictions without reasoning. By that I mean it is hard to pick a team to win against your favorite team. With children playing and friend's children playing on teams in the same district, you want to see the district as a whole do well. I said that to say this. I think there is a real chance 8AAA could sweep the regionals and I don't know who is even going to win the district tournament in 8AAA. Shelbyville has the clearcut advantage for winning the regular season but that only is good for a first round bye and I'm not sure that a home win in an elimination game might actually be better. Columbia played better than at anytime in the season last night against Lincoln. If you don't believe me ask Coach Hardin.. he at least acted as though he was a bit surprised and impressed. If they (Columbia) were "stunned" into reality at Lawrence Co last week then they are going to be hard to beat. But teams 1-5 in this district are pretty good and you have Lincoln Co with all that talent at 3-4 in the district and I think they could easily win 7AAA. Friday night will tell us a lot but it is hard to go to the "grill" and win. I think the game will be close either way. I also think for the rest of the district 8 that it is not a bad thing at all for the Eaglettes to be at the top for now as it is easier to see the bulls eye. Good luck to all and especially to the Lady Lions on Friday.

Sometimes I tend to think myself into predictions without reasoning. By that I mean it is hard to pick a team to win against your favorite team. With children playing and friend's children playing on teams in the same district, you want to see the district as a whole do well. I said that to say this. I think there is a real chance 8AAA could sweep the regionals and I don't know who is even going to win the district tournament in 8AAA. Shelbyville has the clearcut advantage for winning the regular season but that only is good for a first round bye and I'm not sure that a home win in an elimination game might actually be better. Columbia played better than at anytime in the season last night against Lincoln. If you don't believe me ask Coach Hardin.. he at least acted as though he was a bit surprised and impressed. If they (Columbia) were "stunned" into reality at Lawrence Co last week then they are going to be hard to beat. But teams 1-5 in this district are pretty good and you have Lincoln Co with all that talent at 3-4 in the district and I think they could easily win 7AAA. Friday night will tell us a lot but it is hard to go to the "grill" and win. I think the game will be close either way. I also think for the rest of the district 8 that it is not a bad thing at all for the Eaglettes to be at the top for now as it is easier to see the bulls eye. Good luck to all and especially to the Lady Lions on Friday.

Did Lamp play last night and if so, how did she do???

kw

Did Lamp play last night and if so, how did she do???

kw

KW...Yes the Lamp came on last night. She was very effective. Now by saying that, she didn't have as many points but there were 3-4 of the most fundamental solid picks set that opened up plays and players that did score for us. She tweaked her knee in the 3rd but she said it scared her more than anything else and she was smiling and cutting up with the rest of the girls afterwards. I imagine it is going to be a challenge with swelling and discomfort and probably something she'll have to adjust to for the rest of the year. Top to bottom everyone that got on the floor last night contributed well. It is kinda scary actually but I think for the first time all year I saw real fire and determination. Jess Pillow was wearing Leesa J's uniform all night. But to answer..... the Lamp shined!