Jerry Joslin

heartmilesofit

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a brief moment in time I was nOT a fan of Jerry Joslin. I think he probably knows why and that OHS was certainly NOT a school that he liked. But......I have come to totally respect this man greatly. He is hard-working man and teaches basic SMASH mouth football. He commands respect from players, fans, peers, coaches, and outsiders like me. I think he is one in a million.

:blink: Coach Joslin is a man that I have much respect for. He has always been kind to me and willing to help me anytime I ask for his help. I hope someone is not trying to start negative talk about coach there is to much of that kind of stuff going on today. Coach is a great coach and good for High School football.

I can't say enough good things about Coach J. He has helped me tremendously in my efforts to become a high school coach, not just in X's & O's, but in dealing with everything else that goes on. My oldest son played for him and, like nearly every player that he has had, loved him. He sincerely cares about others and will help them any way can. I don't believe he would ever do anything to damage the game. I've asked him in the past about some issues concerning other teams that were being kicked around on here, and not once has he ever commented negatively on the other coaches or teams. He just refuses to involve himself in things like that. He has always made time for me when I was home or had a question for him. These are not just my opinions. If you ask anyone that has been around him for more than 5 seconds, I would be willing to bet that 99% of them will give you the same opinion. If you drive around Cookeville, all you see are Cavalier emblems on stores, signs, cars, etc. and people really caring about the football program there. It didn't used to be that way before he came there. He has caused people to take notice in our team. I really think you would be hard pressed to find anyone who doesn't like him or have something bad to say. I have much respect for him, and I'm proud to be able to say I have him as a friend!

I have known Coach Joslin since 1988 and I can tell you there is not one coach in the state of TN that is loved by his players more . He is the very best at breaking down an opponent and knowing their tendencies . He has also brought Cookeville's program to where it is mentioned with all of the "big dogs ". I hope this answers your question as to what is thought of Jerry Joslin !

all people want from a coach is for team and players to play to their potential. I think he gets more from what he has than anyone I have watched over the years. The upper cumberland is not blessed with people that are fleet of foot yet over the last two years he is 22-4? and almost beat a reverdale team that was much faster than he was. He obviously knows football, but he has bought into the philosophy that it's not what he knows its how much the players know. His teams never get beat on assignments its usually due to getting out athleted (if thats a word).

THE BEST hands down

I would like to personally thank everyone that has posted on this so far! I care a great deal for this coach, simply because I have seen first hand how he treats his players, peers, and parents of his players! I know there are some out there that might not like Double J, but they don't feel strong enough about their issues with him enough to put it down on record. Other than my Dad, my Grand Fathers, and my Father in law, I don't believe there is a finer man out there to be found.

Good man, great coach, hard working, demands respect, runs a clean program, builds community support, promotes team concept, fantastic game day coach, makes average players over achievers.

The only negative is that he doesn't help his players go to the next level as other coaches do as far as promoting them and helping them in the recruiting process. He was a walk on and expects others to as well.

Stlrcoach, you said it the best, man. Both posts are outstanding. :lol:

I played for Coach J from 99-02, and I can tell you that words can't even describe what he has done for me and what he means to me as a coach and as a friend. The best thing, I think, about him is that nobody is ever cheated out of attention from him. I don't care if you are the best player on the team or the worst, he gives each and every player the same amount of focus. Also, like Stlrcoach said, he has really turned this community around. Not only the stickers and the paint, but every where you go, somebody is talking about the Cavs as well. I can tell you that we (here in cookeville) are already looking towards next season, and what we can expect next. I don't expect the Cavs to go downhill for a long time. As long as Coach J, Medlin, and Cook are at the helm of this team, they will be a force to be reckoned with. Lincoln is no longer the name in 3-5A, Cookeville is! :ph34r: