Congratulations to the Oak Ridge Staff

rabidwildcatfan

Rabid,

Have you watched football before this year? Your assertations are a joke. Answer the question. Why did the Cats score 28 against a better Riverdale team last year and only 17 this year if we were so better coached? No answer huh! You haters are hilarious. Take a class in football and then post.

Ole dad

I don't need to take a side in the Ole Dad/Rabid debate, although I am closely monitoring the proceedings. Old school vs. New blood (anyone under 45). I would ask Ole Dad to reconsider the score of one game as a determining factor of coaching abilities. Those one game questions can be slanted to prove any point. Last week OR was stopped within a foot of the goal. That 7 points makes 24 and is basically a wash in comparison to last year's 28. And if you really want to look into the 28 points at Riverdale, look toward the bottom of Rabid's point #3.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me the point totals for the 2 years.

Ole Dad

I don't need to take a side in the Ole Dad/Rabid debate, although I am closely monitoring the proceedings. Old school vs. New blood (anyone under 45). I would ask Ole Dad to reconsider the score of one game as a determining factor of coaching abilities. Those one game questions can be slanted to prove any point. Last week OR was stopped within a foot of the goal. That 7 points makes 24 and is basically a wash in comparison to last year's 28. And if you really want to look into the 28 points at Riverdale, look toward the bottom of Rabid's point #3.

What are the total points scored in 2004 vs. 2005?

Ole Dad

OR total points in 2004: 582 for an average of 41.6 per game.

OR total points in 2005: 526 for an average of 37.6 per game.

I can play point/counter-point as to what those statistics prove or how they can be discounted. But I want to see how others play this hand. I'm late for my "understanding football" class.

45 hours till kick-off

Rabid, the question posed to you was a simple question that could be answered with a simple yes or no. Your answer is typical politician. The plain truth is that the answer is yes.

nah why cant rabid just be man enough and come out and say the truth. like i said before i dont think u ever had a one on one conversation with Coach Gray, not only that i dont think that u have ever played a down of football in your life. i am a new blood wildcat player/fan like many of these new posters on here but i share the same views of the older cats.

now back to the topic i hope OR brings title #9 back to the ridge

Nole,

Thanks for the info. I rest my case. It looks like both years were great as I said earlier and that Lussier and Gray are not the Offeseive Dummies that the haters would have you believe. 42 points a game is not bad for some guys just running up the middle. They must have been using the same sceme that USC uses. Good luck in your class.

Ole Dad

On to The Boro.......Go Cats....Tighten up your chin strap and lets kick some rear. Let's finish a great year the right way as I know you're capable of.

I can play point/counter-point as to what those statistics prove or how they can be discounted. But I want to see how others play this hand. I'm late for my "understanding football" class.

45 hours till kick-off

Edited by Ole Dad

45 hours till kick-off

ORNole:

Did you read rabid point #2?

I think you all make some pretty interesting points. I know both Stanton and Ron. Unless you know what actually went on behind the scenes rather than the rumors that were spread like wildfire about the subject I do not think it is fair to bash either one of them. I for one have never been a fan of the wing T. Coach Gaddis changed to the wing t because we did not have the backfield to support an I formation. The same year we switched to 5-2 on defense because we didn't have the personel to run the 4-3. I believe that we should have changed back to the I formation once Booker arrived. A good coach will win at Oak Ridge weather we are running the wing t or the I. However a great coach will change his offense and defense to best fit his current players which will maximize the teams ability on both sides of the ball. I do not think that Coach Grey did that. Weather or not Coach Stevens will do it is yet to be seen.

Congratulations to the OAK RIDGE WILDCATS on an outstanding season.

Bring home the gold bowl.

Are you insane? You are going to post that the current coaches did not decide who to start? This has to be the silliest assertion I have ever seen. Did Lussier just leave a lineup card for Coach Stevens when he left? Get real.

No I'm not insane. I am aware of the quarterback situation after Scott MaMahan graduated. It's none of your business but Bruce told me Conner would be his qb. this was before he left for Father Ryan. He said that Conner would be alittle green at first but would respond and grow into an outstanding QB just as Scott did. And that is exactually what is happening.

And in a way Lussier did leave a lineup card. Just ask Stanton.

You know... now that I think of it... I have been accused of being crazy but I think it keeps me from going insane. I hope they check me out of Lakeshore in time to see the game.

Edited by bounder

Are you insane? You are going to post that the current coaches did not decide who to start? This has to be the silliest assertion I have ever seen. Did Lussier just leave a lineup card for Coach Stevens when he left? Get real.

I don't think anyone literally thinks that the current coaching staff didn't make the choices on who is starting. As far as a lineup card, no Lussier didn't leave one, but I'm sure that he and Stanton talked about the current players and what Lussier thought would be a good fit for them.

Remember Lussier leaving was not the typical scenario. He left on good terms due to personal reasons, so I'm sure he would be willing to help out the current coaches anyway he could.

rapidfan i think you have never watched a football game at oak ridge til this year. this team has players playing in the same positions since i graduated in 04.... i mean the olibnce except stewart and lane is the ones that backed me up and manning even started some that year. it was know through or that conner was the next starting QB after scott. this team is a great team. there coaches are great, this is the complete package. the guys from bearden said it best abouit coach gray he makes you believe in your self. he took me just a normal kid and turned me into an all state olinemen. i hope he does get a head coaching job, cause he will see one familar face in the crowd. cats good luck and i hope that you bring it home..........one more time roll cats roll...

Tyler Carr #54