warren co girls

ladynred

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same as usual, an ACL tear, a boat-load of injuries, the Griffith girl quit before the season started. No one will transfer here-just look at some of the girls who transferred out (Molly McFadden-White Co., Nikki Morris-Tullahoma, Kasey Hopkins-Coffee Co., Alex Adams-Smyrna) to name a few. There are a lot of questions about the direction of the team and where the program is headed. Well, people that are afraid to say or do anything because of the repercussions that could effect their daughter's careers or playing time. I just want the girls to enjoy and learn to play the game of basketball, not look forward to how many games they have left to play so it will be over.

Same as usual, an ACL tear, a boat-load of injuries, the Griffith girl quit before the season started. No one will transfer here-just look at some of the girls who transferred out (Molly McFadden-White Co., Nikki Morris-Tullahoma, Kasey Hopkins-Coffee Co., Alex Adams-Smyrna) to name a few. There are a lot of questions about the direction of the team and where the program is headed. Well, people that are afraid to say or do anything because of the repercussions that could effect their daughter's careers or playing time. I just want the girls to enjoy and learn to play the game of basketball, not look forward to how many games they have left to play so it will be over.

i have nothing against you guys but here are a few things i noticed last night, they looked out of shape, they struggle shooting the ball out-side of the paint, and they looked confused about 95% of the game

Edited by 5A football fan

See a lot of injuries on post. you mentioned 1 acl tear but what were the rest of the injuries. There is a post and thread about Injuries-ladies and your information could help in that regard plus if you would look at the thread, there may be some information that could help your team prevent some of them. looking for some info and wanting to give some info.

There is a big problem here with the strength and conditioning program. Let's see, there have been at least 5 girls with ACL tears in her five years here along with numerous knee injuries, ankle problems, and hip surgery. These girls are killing themselves and ruining their high school careers because of poor conditioning methods from the coaching staff. One cannot change someone who doesn't want to change-that should be the new county quote in Warren, but at least we have excuses, excuses, and excuses.

Not only do we have a strength and conditioning problem the coach Eades also likes to run the whole offense through one girl e.g. Autumn Eades, Leanne Pelham, Whitney Pelham. there is nothing against any of those girls they were all good players (Leanne probalby the best) but you cannot win games by just having only one scoring threat. and with no one that is a particular standout on the team this year so look for a bad season for the girls.

I can remember a game a while back when Autumn Eades had the flu and Coach Eades her mother also coach pretty much mailed in the game.

I do want them to win but it just isn't happening and probably won't until there is changes.

Edited by Phoenix27

The sad part is so many girls have quit because of coaching. Lankford, Reedy, Youngblood, Griffith are three girls over 5'11" that would have been seniors this year would have helped a tonalong with some girls that tried out that didn't make it , but they just could't take getting blamed for everything if they lost or wasn't part of the "parent clique".Good coaches shoulder most of the blame if they don't get it done, but we have excuses.. It is sad to say that this is effecting not only the high school level, but the elementary level as well. Al ot of girls are wanting to play other sports instead of basketball, it will take a couple of years to get the program back to a competative level whenver she leaves. Hopefully sooner than later.

You know I personally am tired of all the politics that go on in all the Warren Co. sports. I don't know why coaches think they need to fight for one player if they play another sport who cares why do they only have to play one.

oh and Coach Eades had a chance before with the girls and did nothing with them.

and I know that she was an interim coach and aparently we havn't found anyone to replace her (or do we want some one to replace her?)

Things will never change she will be the head coach as long as he is the AD and that is how it is going to be.

from what I have heard and this could all be a rumor and you know how rumors go around the county. The reason that she is the coach is becasuse alot of the players parents went to the school board and asked the school board for her to be the coach.

some of the plays that she is using are the same ones that she won numerous county championships, you cannot run the same plays over and over again. Oh and I agree on how she runs the whole game through one player and now since Mckenna is hurt who is going to be that person to go to. I guess we will just have another bad season this year just like in the past :D

What I want everyone to know is that Iwant the girls to win so badly and enjoy their time in high school. The truth hurts and the injury excuses can take you so far, if anyone has school annuals from the first time she was around her comments were"injuries to her main players really hurt the team this year" these are quotes from the late 80s and early 90s when she coached before. We go through boys coaches like Kleenex. Get the hint? I want the girls to succeed from the elementary stage up through high school and beyond. This has nothing to do with the girls just the coaching. By the way, do you think the parents really got what they asked for when they signed that petition? I bet the expected a lot more.

Edited by hoop20