Alcoa is the Most Talented Team in the State

WarriorFan

Well, all I know is that ALCOA is a GREAT football Team and I feel that we are in our own class and our program is a great one. ALCOA is a small town with talent right in it. We don't have to go looking for talent.It's a natural even tho we have some young guys without a 2 parent family and there are a lot of the guys who don't have parents as doctors, lawyers, nurses and big incomes and that's the difference in ALCOA and MARYVILLE. We have to build up our team all year long with less guys to choose from to play and we play both sides of the ball but we are so talented that folk won't play us near the end of the season because we are a lot better team but they are willing to play us the first of the season. Makes you wanna say HMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! Thanks for saying a good word about our STATE CHAMPIONS in 2-2A Think about it folks!! Oh yes, I AM a #1 fan and have been for about 25 yrs. GO ALCOA TORNADOES!!!!!

Geez don't you guys ever run out of excuses? You don't have to go looking for talent? How many players do you have driving over from knoxville every day? What about one who moved in from Jeff County? Maryville would play you later in the year if it was possible to schedule it that way I am sure. You would likely find them tougher later in the year than the Oliver Springs and G Pittmans of the world. Thats another annual excuse. WE HAD TO PLAY THEM TOO EARLY. This year you have all this D1 talent coming back that has been starting since their freshmen year, experience up and down the line on both sides of the ball. Maryville is replacing 10 offensive starters, a brand new offensive line, a quarterback making his first start on the road in front of 9,000 people. HMMMMMMMMM wonder who should have the advantage in that game. If I am an Alcoa fan that is EXACTLY when I would want to play them. I drove down to M-boro a day early and spent the night to support Alcoa and as my wife and I were walking up the stairs to our seat an Alcoa lady looks at us and says "for your information Maryville does not play till tommorrow afternoon" like we did not have a right to be there. I get so tired of hearing excuses as to why they can't beat Maryville which is usually a laundry list of everything imaginable except that Maryville was simply the better team. And let the record show that mz... whatever his name is chose to bring Maryville into it not me.

Edited by mhs

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez don't you guys ever run out of excuses? You don't have to go looking for talent? How many players do you have driving over from knoxville every day? What about one who moved in from Jeff County? Maryville would play you later in the year if it was possible to schedule it that way I am sure. You would likely find them tougher later in the year than the Oliver Springs and G Pittmans of the world. Thats another annual excuse. WE HAD TO PLAY THEM TOO EARLY. This year you have all this D1 talent coming back that has been starting since their freshmen year, experience up and down the line on both sides of the ball. Maryville is replacing 10 offensive starters, a brand new offensive line, a quarterback making his first start on the road in front of 9,000 people. HMMMMMMMMM wonder who should have the advantage in that game. If I am an Alcoa fan that is EXACTLY when I would want to play them. I drove down to M-boro a day early and spent the night to support Alcoa and as my wife and I were walking up the stairs to our seat an Alcoa lady looks at us and says "for your information Maryville does not play till tommorrow afternoon" like we did not have a right to be there. I get so tired of hearing excuses as to why they can't beat Maryville which is usually a laundry list of everything imaginable except that Maryville was simply the better team.

Play Alcoa at this time of year and I would gladly tell you that Maryville would lose.......I watched BOTH teams and you are not as good.........my brother-in law played for Alcoa in the early '80's, my BA team LOST to Alcoa in the'80's, and I HATE ALCOA......but they are the best team in ANY classification in the state in ANY division at this time. THEY WOULD BEAT MARYVILLE OR RAVENWOOD.......

Edited by Brandon100

Play Alcoa at this time of year and I would gladly tell you that Maryville would lose.......I watched BOTH teams and you are not as good.........my brother-in law played for Alcoa in the early '80's, my BA team LOST to Alcoa in the'80's, and I HATE ALCOA......but they are the best team in ANY classification in the state in ANY division at this time. THEY WOULD BEAT MARYVILLE OR RAVENWOOD.......

Come on now I am not going to get in over my head with an expert albeit a self professed one. Maryville is 4-0 against this talented Senior class of Alcoa. And I consider it an accomplishment. Saying they were lucky to play them early in the season is an excuse. If they are THAT unbeatable it should not matter. I'll take 4-0 because that is what is in the record books. You keep playing WHAT IF and guaranteeing wins of imaginary games if that is what you enjoy. Agree to disagree sir. I am just proud we both won State Titles. And unlike you I certainly don't HATE Alcoa.

Come on now I am not going to get in over my head with an expert albeit a self professed one. Maryville is 4-0 against this talented Senior class of Alcoa. And I consider it an accomplishment. Saying they were lucky to play them early in the season is an excuse. If they are THAT unbeatable it should not matter. I'll take 4-0 because that is what is in the record books. You keep playing WHAT IF and guaranteeing wins of imaginary games if that is what you enjoy. Agree to disagree sir. I am just proud we both won State Titles. And unlike you I certainly don't HATE Alcoa.

When do you normally play Alcoa? HUGE game in the community......been to some....unreal environment......They would take you in the latter part of the season

[quote name='Brandon100' date='Dec 4 2005 - 01:43 AM' post='825858255']

When do you normally play Alcoa? HUGE game in the community......been to some....unreal environment......They would take you in the latter part of the season

2f9d.........you have made some incredibly stupid comments. Remember.....Good Pasture is a 2A team that is as slow as syrup. I have no idea how they beat Hunterton

FYI.....Melrose would destroy Alcoa

Congrats Alcoa and John Reed.....the boys played very Well Friday night.

Geez don't you guys ever run out of excuses? You don't have to go looking for talent? How many players do you have driving over from knoxville every day? What about one who moved in from Jeff County? Maryville would play you later in the year if it was possible to schedule it that way I am sure. You would likely find them tougher later in the year than the Oliver Springs and G Pittmans of the world. Thats another annual excuse. WE HAD TO PLAY THEM TOO EARLY. This year you have all this D1 talent coming back that has been starting since their freshmen year, experience up and down the line on both sides of the ball. Maryville is replacing 10 offensive starters, a brand new offensive line, a quarterback making his first start on the road in front of 9,000 people. HMMMMMMMMM wonder who should have the advantage in that game. If I am an Alcoa fan that is EXACTLY when I would want to play them. I drove down to M-boro a day early and spent the night to support Alcoa and as my wife and I were walking up the stairs to our seat an Alcoa lady looks at us and says "for your information Maryville does not play till tommorrow afternoon" like we did not have a right to be there. I get so tired of hearing excuses as to why they can't beat Maryville which is usually a laundry list of everything imaginable except that Maryville was simply the better team. And let the record show that mz... whatever his name is chose to bring Maryville into it not me.

My my my don't you sound like someone speaking from the priviledged class who don't know a thing about living in the margins and will never have the same lense as those who have to make life changing decisions based on socio-economic situation that you don't care to be bothered with, beleive me shivy and his mother does as well as the mother whose post you're responding to in such an ill informed way-she knows because she's a single mother herself who just happens to be the mother of one of the top quarterbacks in the state just a few years ago. I know because i'm a former Alcoa resident that dispite teachers and administrators who have a history of using up talented atheletes all the while ill preparing them for life overcame and is a wellrounded father, husband, minister, entrepreneur and when I finish my pastoral couseling degree will have 4 degrees total. Not making any excuses but anytime Maryville beats Alcoa and I don't care (my nephew will have the bragging rights over his uncles) if they continue to beat them until Jesus comes back you will still be defeating a single A school who plays double A ball and that's like me beating up your son.

Edited by alcoafan72

My my my don't you sound like someone speaking from the priviledged class who don't know a thing about living in the margins and will never have the same lense as those who have to make life changing decisions based on socio-economic situation that you don't care to be bothered with, beleive me shivy and his mother does as well as the mother whose post you're responding to in such an ill informed way-she knows because she's a single mother herself who just happens to be the mother of one of the top quarterbacks in the state just a few years ago. I know because i'm a former Alcoa resident that dispite teachers and administrators who have a history of using up talented atheletes all the while ill preparing them for life overcame and is a wellrounded father, husband, minister, entrepreneur and when I finish my pastoral couseling degree will have 4 degrees total. Not making any excuses but anytime Maryville beats Alcoa and I don't care (my nephew will have the bragging rights over his uncles) if they continue to beat them until Jesus comes back you will still be defeating a single A school who plays double A ball and that's like me beating up your son.

You insinuate I am a rich snob. Not true.

She insinuates the biggest decision to make at Maryville is whether to be a Doctor or Lawyer, or which one of those to have for a parent. Not true.

You seem to think that Alcoa people have the market cornered on problems in life. Untrue everyone faces them, just not the same ones but problems are problems.

Maryville is a bigger school than Alcoa. But it gets old our wins being minimized by that fact. It is not fair to our kids that play you. We hear how many more great athletes you have than us and then when we win we hear "you ought to win you are bigger than us". If we are too big don't play us. Or play us and when we beat you say "good game" instead of this and that. Surely a Minister can understand that logic.

The great QB's mother threw the stones, I only responded in kind. Don't make me out to be a bad guy and try not to be so condescending. I have been on Coach T last week defending Brandon Warren who everyone was calling a Thug because he made a few mistakes. I stand by that defending of him, and what a fine young man he is. Then I come home last night to hear the same old "rich maryville" and all the other excuses from Alcoa people. I have a child at Maryville also and when I take offense to things that are said about them I WILL respond. I took offense to several of the statements made in that post I responded to.

Maryville would beat Alcoa no matter when they played them. Maryville dominated that game from start to finish. I get tired of hearing the excuses also. Every year this happens. Maryville beats Alcoa like a drum and some of the Alcoa fans will say Maryville couldn't beat Alcoa now.

I could understand Alcoa fans thinking this if Maryville sqeaked out those games but every game Maryville has won since the 2001 season has been convincing.

Maryville would beat Alcoa no matter when they played them. Maryville dominated that game from start to finish. I get tired of hearing the excuses also. Every year this happens. Maryville beats Alcoa like a drum and some of the Alcoa fans will say Maryville couldn't beat Alcoa now.

I could understand Alcoa fans thinking this if Maryville sqeaked out those games but every game Maryville has won since the 2001 season has been convincing.

You're right Ron! I've been an Alcoa fan since birth, and I wish our fans would stop making excuses!! I told myself after this years game that if Alcoa didn't beat Maryville after all that hype then I wouldn't say anything else bad about the Rebs!!! They Dominated that game from the start, and they could have scored 91 on us!! I don't care when we play Maryville, the outcome will still be the same as long as GQ and the staff the there!! :rolleyes:

You insinuate I am a rich snob. Not true.

She insinuates the biggest decision to make at Maryville is whether to be a Doctor or Lawyer, or which one of those to have for a parent. Not true.

You seem to think that Alcoa people have the market cornered on problems in life. Untrue everyone faces them, just not the same ones but problems are problems.

Maryville is a bigger school than Alcoa. But it gets old our wins being minimized by that fact. It is not fair to our kids that play you. We hear how many more great athletes you have than us and then when we win we hear "you ought to win you are bigger than us". If we are too big don't play us. Or play us and when we beat you say "good game" instead of this and that. Surely a Minister can understand that logic.

The great QB's mother threw the stones, I only responded in kind. Don't make me out to be a bad guy and try not to be so condescending. I have been on Coach T last week defending Brandon Warren who everyone was calling a Thug because he made a few mistakes. I stand by that defending of him, and what a fine young man he is. Then I come home last night to hear the same old "rich maryville" and all the other excuses from Alcoa people. I have a child at Maryville also and when I take offense to things that are said about them I WILL respond. I took offense to several of the statements made in that post I responded to.

Sir i'm not into making excuses and if you look at any of may other post you will see that I give props to the Maryville program and respect them for what they do, by the way I didn't have hate for them even when I played for Alcoa you beat us great game- I played against Danny Spradlin and worked out with his brother at the gym. If she threw stones it was from her social location and if you had any idea about "double conscienceness" you and others would understand that, but yet again it would be a better world-is that a digression? Anyway my calling is to heal the broken and build up the family of God so Sir I say Congrats to Maryville you brought home another gold ball and my nephew will get a ring and this rivalry will go on. I hope that on one of my trips back to Blount County to meet you-I'll buy you a steak dinner and when can sit as two gentlemen at the table and discuss TN high school football...

Edited by alcoafan72