Alcoa is the Most Talented Team in the State

WarriorFan

How about Alcoa spanking McCallie, who beat Brentwood who beat Ravenwood this year. Try use your Rationale on that. Since Alcoa beat the Blue bad! And the Blue only lost in the D-ll by a few. I guess that Means Alcoa at D-I, 2A wins it all.

You can't go about comparing relative wins. First off, McCallie beat Brentwood Academy, not Brentwood. And there is a difference. Secondly, BA beat Ravenwood in what was the Raptors first game of the season. If any of those teams were to play Ravenwood at the end of the season, I'm sorry to say that the rresults would not make the opposing team feel good.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sir i'm not into making excuses and if you look at any of may other post you will see that I give props to the Maryville program and respect them for what they do, by the way I didn't have hate for them even when I played for Alcoa you beat us great game- I played against Danny Spradlin and worked out with his brother at the gym. If she threw stones it was from her social location and if you had any idea about "double conscienceness" you and others would understand that, but yet again it would be a better world-is that a digression? Anyway my calling is to heal the broken and build up the family of God so Sir I say Congrats to Maryville you brought home another gold ball and my nephew will get a ring and this rivalry will go on. I hope that on one of my trips back to Blount County to meet you-I'll buy you a steak dinner and when can sit as two gentlemen at the table and discuss TN high school football...

Understood. Competitive banter on these message boards are risky because assumptions are made without knowing who is behind a screen name. Additionally competitive juices sometimes makes one over react and I, like others am no exception to this. If the QB's relative happens to be the QB who graduated in 2002 I have met him and he is an outstanding young man. For anything disrespectful I may have said perceived or otherwise I apologize. I think I know who you are but cannot think of your name. But if you happen to be a particular person who taped a video message to Coach Vernon Osborne (who i deeply admire) at a recognition they had for him a couple of years ago I remember that message and the admiration I felt for you at that time with what you are doing with your life. I still remember it so that should speak volumes for the impact it had on me. Even if you are not that same person I am sure I would feel the same. I too am a member of the family of God and football at any level is way way secondary to that. Best wishes to you, and obviously we are not so different after all. Deepest sincere respect to you and your endeavors and it would indeed be great to meet you sometime when you are home.

GARY.....this is coming from a guy that totally knows football..............after watching the 5A state championship tonight, Alcoa IS the best team in ANY division OR classification in the state at this given time..........they peaked at the right time.........play 'em at the first of the season........maybe........at the end......YOU LOSE........they are much better than Melrose.....BA, MUS, Ravenwood, Oak Ridge, Maryville.......etc..............I speak the truth.....believe what you want.........as a BA alum....Ravenwood camera man..........I am not being biased.........

Brandon, before the season every knowledgable Alcoa fan I knew said they had an advantage by playing Maryville early, because Maryville was replacing 10 offensive starters and Alcoa had so many veterans returning (I believe 18 starters).

Believe me, Maryville would have loved to have played the Tornadoes without Rae Rae and Brandon both like Goodpasture did.

Edited by STARSNBARS

Understood. Competitive banter on these message boards are risky because assumptions are made without knowing who is behind a screen name. Additionally competitive juices sometimes makes one over react and I, like others am no exception to this. If the QB's relative happens to be the QB who graduated in 2002 I have met him and he is an outstanding young man. For anything disrespectful I may have said perceived or otherwise I apologize. I think I know who you are but cannot think of your name. But if you happen to be a particular person who taped a video message to Coach Vernon Osborne (who i deeply admire) at a recognition they had for him a couple of years ago I remember that message and the admiration I felt for you at that time with what you are doing with your life. I still remember it so that should speak volumes for the impact it had on me. Even if you are not that same person I am sure I would feel the same. I too am a member of the family of God and football at any level is way way secondary to that. Best wishes to you, and obviously we are not so different after all. Deepest sincere respect to you and your endeavors and it would indeed be great to meet you sometime when you are home.

It would be a pleasure, may God bless!!! Now let's talk Lady Vol Basketball :thumb:

Edited by alcoafan72

I don't think Melrose would beat Alcoa. I think it would be a game full of highlight worthly material on bothsides. Melrose has just as many athletes as Alcoa and more than Maryville, but they have horrible coaching. It looked like they had a pee-wee coach.Alcoa has a good coaching staff and that is a major aspect of the game and I think thats why they would come out on top of a matchup with Melrose. Maryville would have won the game regardless of Melrose having a better coach or not, their disciple and coaching is too elite to be beaten by anyone. :thumb:

I agree coachspet and Alcoa runs a much more balanced offense. Melrose has improved their passing game over last year but not to the point where it would really scare anyone. The thing about Melrose is they are so big, strong and fast on defense it is scary at times. We should also remember Alcoa scheduled McCallie and Fulton this year also. Fulton was not their usual selves but when Alcoa scheduled them they were the defending 3A state champions. Also Alcoa played both of those games on the road. I am curious about their schedule next year. I am assumming they will get Fulton and McCallie at home next year but i wonder if they will play the ky school again or not?

Well , i'll probably take a beating for this ... but o well !! :D

There is no way Alcoa beats Melrose !! Alcoa is a great 2A team with a few great prospects , but Melrose was definetly a step above them .

I really wish people wouldn't play this game though ( i know , sorry i joined this little game ) , because it's all speculation, and can't be proven on the field .

I really don't think Melrose was a step above Alcoa. I think the Maryville/Melrose score might have made one asume that because the score was less lopsided but Melrose didn't have a bunch of just stellar plays the impressed me. Maryville didn't play at 100% that game and still managed to respectivly beat Melrose. I don't think Alcoa would kill Melrose like they did just about everyone else they played this year but I think coaching and disipline(yeah I said it but I think I spelled it wrong) gives Alcoa the slight advantage. Alcoa signed a two year contract with the Ky. school. They have to go back next year whether they want to or not!

I really don't think Melrose was a step above Alcoa. I think the Maryville/Melrose score might have made one asume that because the score was less lopsided but Melrose didn't have a bunch of just stellar plays the impressed me. Maryville didn't play at 100% that game and still managed to respectivly beat Melrose. I don't think Alcoa would kill Melrose like they did just about everyone else they played this year but I think coaching and disipline(yeah I said it but I think I spelled it wrong) gives Alcoa the slight advantage. Alcoa signed a two year contract with the Ky. school. They have to go back next year whether they want to or not!

I will say this. There is a team up in Cleveland Oh that has had more talent than any team in the country for the last 4 or 5 years, but they have had an early exit from the playoff's each year because of coaching. I'm talking about a team who had the number 1 rated db in the country come out of three straight classes.