Goodpasture and DL both lose.

donswanson

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what the heck you are smoking but I want some of it.

Hey...I don't like them at all...but they did beat the 3a champs. They are very very good. You obviously didn't see them. I don't think any

of those teams would have beaten them. Alcoa would have...but probably nobody else in 2a...definitely no 3a in the west bracket.

Edited by Antwan

if an average defense could stop it

then GP and DL wouldn't

have as many wins as they do

Has GP run the wing-t the past few years?...I thought they just went back to it after they lost Patrick....I thought they ran more like a spread offense....but then again I may be wrong. With the line GP had I think the would have been better in the I this year myself.

I am just glad that the only two teams running the wing-t in the State Championships lost. That offense needs to go by the wayside. Just an opinion. Both GP and DL were getting killed and couldn't come back. The wing-t might be able to control the clock, but an average defense can stop it. And once you get behind, the wing-t cannot catch up. And don't give me any examples of wing-t winning the state championship. Those teams could have won running any offense with all the talent they had.

Lipscomb doesn't run the wing-t. They run a split backfield or pro set most of the time.

Yes, the Two Privates got beat in the State Championship Game and it was newsworthy for about 1 hour. These two teams were beaten by two very good public teams. Maybe we can put this public/private thing to bed for awhile.

Here are the facts

1. David Lipscomb and Goodpasture are both private.

2. They both win.

3. People will ALWAYS complain when they win.

4. Fair or not, it is a fact and it comes with the territory.

5. Comparison: David Lipcomb/Goodpasture don't play DII because they don't think it is fair for them. Publics don't want to play these two because of the same reason. They don't think its fair. They only get the kids that are zoned for them.

6. Mt. Juilet Christian doesn't win

7. Publics don't mind playing them

8. David Lipscomb and Goodpasture need to have a few losing seasons and all of this will die down..........until you start winning again.

Once again, justice is served.

Has GP run the wing-t the past few years?...I thought they just went back to it after they lost Patrick....I thought they ran more like a spread offense....but then again I may be wrong. With the line GP had I think the would have been better in the I this year myself.

The wing-t is martins favorite. Alot of people dont know that along with Patrick being gone, GP lost its 2 fastest speed backs last year. Nick as a junior quit and focused on other sports. Josh W. as a sophmore moved to Davidson Academy and help win STATE at the DII level. Josh also gained High School Player of the week in the semi finals with 32 touches for 344 yard, 2 td. Such a lose across the board for GP. Got to do more than sweep left, sweep right and fullback trap to win against a team like Alcoa.

The wing-t is martins favorite. Alot of people dont know that along with Patrick being gone, GP lost its 2 fastest speed backs last year. Nick as a junior quit and focused on other sports. Josh W. as a sophmore moved to Davidson Academy and help win STATE at the DII level. Josh also gained High School Player of the week in the semi finals with 32 touches for 344 yard, 2 td. Such a lose across the board for GP. Got to do more than sweep left, sweep right and fullback trap to win against a team like Alcoa.

DivisionII,

You are Josh williams and people know it. Stop blowing your own horn. It's people like you that make it hard for the rest of us to look past the competition you played and be proud for all the good people at DA. You had one good game at Goodpasture (vs. CPA) and for what ever reason you could not give that sort of effort again. You got mad and ran away to another school. Nothing you say about Martin or the wing-t offense has any credibility.