Goodpasture and DL both lose.

donswanson

Here are the facts

1. David Lipscomb and Goodpasture are both private.

2. They both win.

3. People will ALWAYS complain when they win.

4. Fair or not, it is a fact and it comes with the territory.

5. Comparison: David Lipcomb/Goodpasture don't play DII because they don't think it is fair for them. Publics don't want to play these two because of the same reason. They don't think its fair. They only get the kids that are zoned for them.

6. Mt. Juilet Christian doesn't win

7. Publics don't mind playing them

8. David Lipscomb and Goodpasture need to have a few losing seasons and all of this will die down..........until you start winning again.

Once again, justice is served.

1. Trousdale is a public school

2. They Win.

5. Comparison: Trousdale doesn't play in 2a/3a/4a/5a because they don't think it is fair for them. Privates don't want to play them because of the same reason. They don't think its fair. They only get the kids that are zoned for them.

6. RBS doesn't win.

7. Privates dont mind playing them.

8. Trousdale needs to have a few losing seasons and all of this will die down..........until you start winning again.

Looks like these reasons can go both ways ya think.

Edited by tcbasketball

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wing-t is martins favorite. Alot of people dont know that along with Patrick being gone, GP lost its 2 fastest speed backs last year. Nick as a junior quit and focused on other sports. Josh W. as a sophmore moved to Davidson Academy and help win STATE at the DII level. Josh also gained High School Player of the week in the semi finals with 32 touches for 344 yard, 2 td. Such a lose across the board for GP. Got to do more than sweep left, sweep right and fullback trap to win against a team like Alcoa.

just because you got beat out of your postion by tracie and didn't want to shave your head you just run off and become a star at DA.... well if you really want to say your a star in your "division" i guess........ Hope you had fun getting drilled by DCA but yet you criticize Goodpasture who in turn drilled DCA. You have no room to talk

1. Trousdale is a public school

2. They Win.

5. Comparison: Trousdale doesn't play in 2a/3a/4a/5a because they don't think it is fair for them. Privates don't want to play them because of the same reason. They don't think its fair. They only get the kids that are zoned for them.

6. RBS doesn't win.

7. Privates dont mind playing them.

8. Trousdale needs to have a few losing seasons and all of this will die down..........until you start winning again.

Looks like these reasons can go both ways ya think.

People complain about Trousdale because their coach is arrogant.

... 4 Times the arrogance, 4 times the fun.

How do you know? Have you ever talked with him?

Actually tcbasketball you have a good point, I have not ever actually talked to the man so I shouldn't say that. I am just going by how much they run the score up on people and from what hear from other people. I take back that part since I have never met him. I am sure your reasoning for running up the score is, "it is there job to stop us!" True, but when it is 48-0 in the 3rd and you keep scoring and scoring......................to each is own.

Now back to YOUR list, #5 is wrong. TC went 3A a couple years ago so they didn't have to play David Lipscomb/Goodpasture in 2A. Now that each of them is in 2A or 3A, TC went back down to 1A. Perfectly fine and understandable. Just wanted to point out that TC is avoiding the privates, not the other way around.

Actually tcbasketball you have a good point, I have not ever actually talked to the man so I shouldn't say that. I am just going by how much they run the score up on people and from what hear from other people. I take back that part since I have never met him. I am sure your reasoning for running up the score is, "it is there job to stop us!" True, but when it is 48-0 in the 3rd and you keep scoring and scoring......................to each is own.

Now back to YOUR list, #5 is wrong. TC went 3A a couple years ago so they didn't have to play David Lipscomb/Goodpasture in 2A. Now that each of them is in 2A or 3A, TC went back down to 1A. Perfectly fine and understandable. Just wanted to point out that TC is avoiding the privates, not the other way around.

Once again I ask. Have you ever attended a game where they supposely ran the score up or is your opinion based solely on what people say on this board, just like you did when you talked about the coach? I hope not. Next, I would not use "it is there job to stop us!" solely as the excuse. There are many factors that could and do lead to lopsided victories. I figure that your an intelligent person and would recognize these factors; however, it seems you have not. Sometimes in games things just go your way, ie Texas game where turnovers gave them the ball on their of the field. Texas led 70-3 midway through 3rd quarter. I know I know, this is high school, but the same applies. When you run 95% of the time and still score how do you stop. If we laid down then you would be on here saying how "arrogant" the coach is for showing up the opponent. People accuse us for running up the score because we threw "one pass" in each of the games in question. RBS a swing pass "behind the line of scrimage" (if tossed underhanded noone makes a comment) that went for a TD (4-5 missed tackles against 2nd team) and the UC game where we passed once late in the 4th quarter. (9 passes in the entire game). These passes were thrown to the endzone. I could see running it up if they were.

As for avoiding privates, we went back to 1A and had to face FCS (a real good private school). Coach knew they would be in are region and still went. Could of stayed in 3A and not played any privates. So, its not the privates (collectively) were avoiding according to you its DL and Goodpasture only. Now, who has told you that TC would not play these two? Have you talked with the coach at these two schools or are you the coach of either? If you answer no to both then you cannot make the statement that TC is avoiding. Please let me know. Finally, whose to say that DL or Goodpasture had or has any intention of playing TC, other than the fans? Please let me know.

Edited by tcbasketball

I think all private schools should play only Div II. The public schools are at a disadvantage before the game starts. I don't really care if the private schools win or lose, they should not be in the same class as public schools. GP & DL have been powers for awhile, that is why everybody points fingers at them. Moved em all to Div II

Has GP run the wing-t the past few years?...I thought they just went back to it after they lost Patrick....I thought they ran more like a spread offense....but then again I may be wrong. With the line GP had I think the would have been better in the I this year myself.

lol , this is not josh, just a fan that follows local sports. I follow JPII as well. I do not know about the good games or bad at goodpasture, however, i do believe that Meadley is the real deal and always has been good. With his size, power and speed that he has shown, he will be a DI prospect this coming year. I hope that his touches get up to about 20 or more per game. I would luv to see him pound off tackle all game long. Put 8 in the box and he would still average 4-5 per carry because he has such power IMO. I dont remember him playing defense in the championship game that i watched. I suppose he was too valuable to use in that role. I try to follow his stats on weekends and i dont believe i saw him carry the ball close to 20 times. I believe the linebackers would wear down sooner or later and the safety would have to start helping. Then with a quarterback like coleman? It would be all day long at that point. Goodpasture has so much depth at WR every year. It will be Meadley's SR year i think and he could make a huge difference. I am also impressed with the FB this year. Once again, a great one two punch. I believe that with all the athletes goodpasture has, they will return to the ship this coming year. But beating Huntington when GP was not picked to win was indeed the championship game.

DII