Great Job Stevens and staff

bombsaway

Great job new staff. It's awesome to see the "Homeboys" back leading the charge. Coach Stevens has done a great job amidst a joke of a hiring process (thank you superintendent, school board members, and former principal). Bringing in the "new" old blood was a great move. OR football means much to former Wildcats Spratling, Adams, Layton, Miner, Miner Jr., Lewis, and Stevens. The other coaches, Speas, Jackson, and the beloved Coach Saunders have also done great jobs.

Bringing in Adams and Spratling were genius moves. Layton has done a good job as a first year O-Line coach (toughest position to coach on the field). Saunders had the special teams ready to go. Stevens has seemed to be a great leader and motivator. Don't know Jackson, but others speak well of him. Everybody loves being around Jeff Lewis. I really believe the keys to this year (just an opinion) were 1. the "Mad Scientists" Miner Jr. and Speas (both chemistry teachers I think). These two guys are two of the best and smartest coaches in this state. Wait and see what these guys do. 2. the addition of Miner Sr. (The Godfather, or at least the Concilliary) I don't know what he knows about x's and o's, but I know he is a coach that players love to play for. He gets everything out of his kids, and Coach Stevens might have made his best coaching move of the year by hiring him.

Edited by bombsaway

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If oakridge would had ron gray they would have won it all. these guys are to young

Oak Ridge had Ron Gray before and they weren't able to get it done!! I don't think they would have gotten as far as they did with him. These new coaches were willing to take chances and try new plays along with utilizing boys and motivating them to do their best. This has not happened in the past with Gray or Lussier. CONGRATS WILDCATS FOR A GREAT SEASON!!

Oak Ridge had Ron Gray before and they weren't able to get it done!! I don't think they would have gotten as far as they did with him. These new coaches were willing to take chances and try new plays along with utilizing boys and motivating them to do their best. This has not happened in the past with Gray or Lussier. CONGRATS WILDCATS FOR A GREAT SEASON!!

Good call Catmom....as a Wildcat dad and a Ravenwood dad....I would agree that they went as far as they could....the new staff did a super job this year...congrats to the Cats.

They fell short because of a lack of speed, lack of depth, and a lack of size & strength.....not coaching. The Cats lost to a better team....that's it!

A terrific year to both teams...I wish everyone could feel as I do now...two sons with state titles from each of these great schools......it was a terrific game...may they meet again

Congratulations to coaches and players, great job this year. You guys provided us with 20 wonderful and priceless Friday nights (including jamboree and scrimmages). Rather than point fingers and place blame, sometimes you just have to tip your cap to the other team, and realize that they deserve to be called champions. In my opinion fooball is a simple game. It comes down to blocking, tackling, and running. Ravenwood did each of these three things a little better than we did Sat. night. So congrats to the Raptors and thanks to all the players and coaches, cheerleaders, trainers, band and fans who make OR football so enjoyable August through November, and sometimes December. I'm going to hybernate, could somebody please wake me up in August when it's time for the Maryville scrimmage. ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

First, Great season!! I just don't like the fact of ripping another coach when it is not needed. I think Coach Stevens does a great job. On the other hand so does Coach Gray. I will say that the offensive gameplan Sat. was somewhat limited!!! The defensive did a good job in the second half. The Offense was pretty predictable.

Edited by wildcat@Ship

good job coaches on the season but where were you guys saturday nite looked predictable and very similar all nite long maybe the inexpience showing out. coach grey is a good coach and a man who gets much more abuse then deserved he did a great job at oakridge as well.catmom i do believe its hard for you to back up the statements you make seeing you werent in the locker room and around closey.

this makes me want to puke i thouht the coaches did a sorry job saturday worst i have seen out of them all year yes they did a good job getting there they just did not come thur when it counted this was not the same team that i watched all year long and that aint nobody fault but the coaches for not having them ready to play you can call it bashing or whatever you want i feel like these coaches should have been ready for this raptor team and they were not i just hope they learn something from this and get next year team ready and work really hard in the off season and remember how it feels to be beat

Gameball,

Ravenwwod was more prepared and had a better game plan in my opinion and on the night the game was played was obviously the better team. Congratualtions to their entire team, coaches and fans. What a great season and great job!

I agree with most of what else you posted. We defended the pass while they ran and we ran up the middle while they stacked it up. I think we were just caught up in the moment. The coaching staff didn't appear to be prepared or that they had a good game plan and they sure didn't react well when whatever they thought they were doing wasn't working. I think they were paralized by the surprise they got and never calmed down enough to adjust.

Ole Dad

QUOTE(gameball @ Dec 5 2005 - 01:05 PM)

LEt me two my two cents in here, without reading the post for the last 21 pages.

I had the chance to watch OAk Ridge and Ravenwood during the year. The difference Sat Night was OAk Ridges Coaches were Outclassed and outcoached. The CURRENT Coaches of Ravenwood not the previous, but the current coaches stopped Guilmire and that stopped Oak Ridge. Ravenwood beat them upfront and the coaches convinced them they could beat OAk Ridge and they did. I am not a Ravenwood fan nor an OAk Ridge one, But I rooted for OAk Ridge.

The atheletes were close in talent, the teams were close in talent and maybe Oak Ridge had the edge( they did on paper anyway) but Ravenwood believed and executed a plan that Oak Ridge Never caught up on.

DId OAk Ridge look past Ravenwood, maybe, that game Friday night in Oak Ridge was a boomer and afterwards the feeling in Oak Ridge was noone could get in the way this year.

Spencer Guilmires greatest strength was speed, yet the Oak Ridge coaches kept running him up the middle???? PLay the game again and maybe OAk Ridge wins but Sat Night when it mattered The players, Fans and Coaches of Ravenwood earned and own the State Championship.

this makes me want to puke i thouht the coaches did a sorry job saturday worst i have seen out of them all year yes they did a good job getting there they just did not come thur when it counted this was not the same team that i watched all year long and that aint nobody fault but the coaches for not having them ready to play you can call it bashing or whatever you want i feel like these coaches should have been ready for this raptor team and they were not i just hope they learn something from this and get next year team ready and work really hard in the off season and remember how it feels to be beat