Best 4 years of my life

TheJudge

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know who you are son, but that was a heck of a post. I can imagine some of these guys ending the career with a ring. Im not talking about Maryville, cause those guys win all the time, but how great it must be to be a Livingston Wildcat. I mean that was like a movie with those guys, I just cant get over it. I guess that is because I grew up in a small town. Livingston will probably not create a Maryville dynasty;heck they may not be in the playoffs next year. But those boys will always have those rings. Whether you go 14 - 1, and score over 200 points in the playoffs(Alcoa), or go 10 - 5, and have to squeak out every victory, a ring is a ring, and congradulations to all the young men who have accompllished that task in 2005.

"Now is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end. But, perhaps, the end of the beginning"

-Winstin Churchill-

"It's a curious sensation: the sort of pain that goes mercifully beyond our powers of feeling. When your heart is broken, your bidges burned: nothing matters anymore. It is the END of HAPPINESS and the beginning of DREADED PEACE"

-George Bernard Shaw-

"He makes a swan-like ending, fading in music"

-William Shakespeare-

Just awesome!!!! It is the best post I have ever read on here as well. And that is what this website is all about. Not to trash talk or degrade an opponent, but to make the memories last forever.

Great post young man!!

I'll never get to put the pads on again, next year will be my first year not playin. I guess I'm a has been or never was. But isnt it a beautiful process. 4 years of ball made high school fun. Now all I have are the memories the bad shoulders and the scars. It was worth every moment of it. Im gonna miss the 3 a days, the clank clank sound of the weight room, the hot practices, the lights, the smells, the sounds, the blood, the sweat, the smell of fresh cut grass.

Its the little things im gonna miss like waking up on Saturday morning so sore you can't mowe the grass but having that ohh so sweet feeling of ending that losing streak, The game days when you can't concentrate on your school work or your girlfriend cause all you can think about is whether that backer is gonna blitz that night or not. its the pre game meals your too nervous to eat, its walkin outta that locker room and lookin at the practice field and knowin thats where games are really won. It's the 5'8 130lb dt beating the 6'6 300lb college prospect ot because the dt has a litle more fire that night, Its that bad calls, the good calls, The homecoming queens, the hopes and dreamns of goin 15-0. It's the freshman that get to come into the games that get knocked down but never quit, Its the 4 hour away trips and how they always seem shoret after a win. It's that equipment you don't wash until the last practice of the season cause it's bad luck, Its looking up in the stands and knowing even though your having a bad year and crowd numbers are slim that mamaw's still up there yelling loud as ever, its the beast thing that God has ever created and so the process goes on dont ever forget them friday night lights boys. To all seniors who will never get to pop the pads again rememebr stay low, and block till the whistle blows.

AND ON THE 8TH DAY GOD CREATED HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL

The first post on this thread was worthy of an award! I guess it really hits home after you've been out of high school football for 20 years like myself! I also remember the experience with fondness. The crunch of the gravel under our cleats, students forming a"tunnel", future gridiron stars patting you on the back,even the locals lining along the fence to smoke Marlboros and chew out the refs; there was just nothing quite like it....sigh!!!! I guess Frost said it best-"nothing golden can stay." Hang in there young man, you've got memories that nothing can take away.

I'll never get to put the pads on again, next year will be my first year not playin. I guess I'm a has been or never was. But isnt it a beautiful process. 4 years of ball made high school fun. Now all I have are the memories the bad shoulders and the scars. It was worth every moment of it. Im gonna miss the 3 a days, the clank clank sound of the weight room, the hot practices, the lights, the smells, the sounds, the blood, the sweat, the smell of fresh cut grass.

Its the little things im gonna miss like waking up on Saturday morning so sore you can't mowe the grass but having that ohh so sweet feeling of ending that losing streak, The game days when you can't concentrate on your school work or your girlfriend cause all you can think about is whether that backer is gonna blitz that night or not. its the pre game meals your too nervous to eat, its walkin outta that locker room and lookin at the practice field and knowin thats where games are really won. It's the 5'8 130lb dt beating the 6'6 300lb college prospect ot because the dt has a litle more fire that night, Its that bad calls, the good calls, The homecoming queens, the hopes and dreamns of goin 15-0. It's the freshman that get to come into the games that get knocked down but never quit, Its the 4 hour away trips and how they always seem shoret after a win. It's that equipment you don't wash until the last practice of the season cause it's bad luck, Its looking up in the stands and knowing even though your having a bad year and crowd numbers are slim that mamaw's still up there yelling loud as ever, its the beast thing that God has ever created and so the process goes on dont ever forget them friday night lights boys. To all seniors who will never get to pop the pads again rememebr stay low, and block till the whistle blows.

Im definetly goin to miss high school football. I had a good 4 years that I will never forget.

its worth all the blood,the sweat,and the tears.you can never never forget that you laid it all on that field.a fight til the end.the heart and soul went in to that special season that you can never feel again,but you have the feeling of glory.you shall carry that for the rest of your life.you seniors just remember you did nothing wrong,stay strong to your hopes and dreams.this was your season no matter what. :P

Edited by turtle72

GREAT POST YOUNG MAN!

MAKES A MAN THAT HAS BEEN OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL FOR TWENTY YEARS GET TEARY EYED JUST REMINISCING. I COACH HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL AND I WISH I COULD GET THESE KIDS TO REALIZE JUST HOW QUICK THIS TIME PERIOD IS.

Like it or not, life goes on. Although you may feel that it is in ample supply now, don't waste a minute of it. Don't short change yourself by watching life go by in the rear view mirror.

I hope you will continue to find and conquer new highs: continued education, a career, a spouse, children, grandchildren .....

Each will hold it's own special place in your life. In each, you'll find some of "the best years of your life". In each, you'll find an opportunity to pay back a portion of what you benefited from in the past (mom included). In each, you will learn new lessons and become more humble and thankful for all that you have.

But....every year, when fall rolls around and the weather begins to change, you'll always be reminded of a very special time. A time that you'll never be able to replicate or fully explain....your very own Friday Night Lights.

For this, be truely thankful.

For this, you now have a responsiblity to pass it on.