Best Teams in NorthEast Tenn

CountryBoy4Life

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point in the early season, here are my top teams.

1. Erwin

2. Science Hill

3. Dobyns-Bennet

4. Sullivan Central

5. Sullivan South/Tenn High

6. Elizabethton

7. M. West

8. Greeneville

9. South Greene

10. Daniel Boone

just because Erwin is 6-0 dont mean they are the best in e. tenn.... look at who they played, and some of them games were close. hampton was still missing players to football. erwin does have a good team but if they were playing the same teams that s.hill,central, d.b. t.h. vol. and south have played that record would look a little diffrent. i think they are the best team in their conference but eliz. will give them a run at that. erwin does belong in the top ten but #1 is not the spot. i do think they have a good coach and 2 real good players in Weaver and White. dont know much about the other players. they need to play stronger out of conference games to get a good test for best in e. tenn.

uc has beat 3 AAA teams (virginia high, volunteer, and cherokee) a unaka team which has been to 2 straight state tournaments and is ALWAYS tough to beat at unaka. They won the HARDEES CLASSIC (they didn't have any say in who they played in the tournament obviously) not saying their schedule compares to science hills.it doesn't, thats OBVIOUS! i do know they lost to science hill in a scrimmage in o.t bt 4. beat sullivan south by double digits and daniel boone by 20 something in scrimmages. i know these are only scrimmages but i believe the devils deserve to be mentioned as ONE of the best teams in the area. They are pretty good!! give them a little credit. they haven't exactly played the sisters of the poor!

uc has beat 3 AAA teams (virginia high, volunteer, and cherokee) a unaka team which has been to 2 straight state tournaments and is ALWAYS tough to beat at unaka. They won the HARDEES CLASSIC (they didn't have any say in who they played in the tournament obviously) not saying their schedule compares to science hills.it doesn't, thats OBVIOUS! i do know they lost to science hill in a scrimmage in o.t bt 4. beat sullivan south by double digits and daniel boone by 20 something in scrimmages. i know these are only scrimmages but i believe the devils deserve to be mentioned as ONE of the best teams in the area. They are pretty good!! give them a little credit. they haven't exactly played the sisters of the poor!

VIRGINIA HIGH IS NOT AAA THEY ARE AA AND NOT KNOWN FOR BASKETBALL, THEY ARE A BASEBALL SCHOOL.... ERWIN IS A GOOD TEAM DESERVES TO BE IN TOP 10. DONT PUT TO MUCH STOCK IN SCRIMMAGES. TALKING ABOUT UNAKA, CENTRAL BEAT THEM BY 45 OR 50 IN A SCRIMMAGE THEN THE NEXT NIGHT TENN. HIGH ONLY BEAT THEM BY 4 OR 5 WITHOUT SOME FOOTBALL PLAYERS. ALL I AM SAYING IT IS HARD TO SAY WHO IS THE BEST IN E. TENN. WHEN SOME TEAMS ARE PLAYING WEAKER TEAMS. ERWIN IS MOST LIKLEY THE BEST AA TEAM IN E. TENN....... AND I AM NOT KNOCKING AA BECAUSE I SEEN A LOT OF GOOD A and AA teams around last year. it really does not matter erwin has a good chance at going a long way this year. i just think they should play some better teams to get them better prepared

i see what your saying. and it's a good point. they will face extremely tough competition at disney tournament next week! i think besides top 4:science hill, sullivan south, sullivan central and tn. high (maybe dobyns bennett) alot of AA AND A schools around here are better than the rest of big 9. should be fun to see how season shakes out for all these teams. wish them ALL well.

• 3 weeks later...