2003 AAA SWEET 16

FIREMANFRANK

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Region 5 losers..Clarksville Northeast-Henry Co. Really this Region is up for grabs, unless Hendersonville is that dominated like last year..Henry Co will be good again, they should represent District 10-AAA as the number one team, but after that it'll be up from grabs. Northeast wont be nearly as good as they were last year with a senior dominated team led by Brian Reed and Mike Giles..They had the studs last year but they will only be returning one starter with a few good young role players coming in. Clarksville High, Dickson Co, Rossview, and Northwest should be right at top with Kenwood coming in that group as well..This has been the most parity in district 10-AAA ever..Theres usually one clear cut favorite. This could be the year Henry Co makes it to the Boro.

I don't know if Oak Ridge has enough depth and size this year to really make that kind of run. Their real strength is in their underclassmen. They will have difficulty getting past Clinton. Powell also returns a lot of talent to a 25win team. William Blount has to be mentioned in the top four if not the top two. They have all kinds of size and some great athletes. They beat a very good Greeneville team at Maryville College a couple of weeks ago and looked very tough. So, after going to the final four, Bearden doesn't even make the regional semi's. Wow. No wonder Blevins was interested in some other jobs. Farragut could definitely stir things up this year. Maryville has way too much talent not to make it to the state this year. Sounds familiar.....

Smyrna was one game away last year and they only lost three seniors and only one of them was a starter.they return the twin towers,shooters,have found a true point gaurd (though he is undersized),and have one of the top if not the top prospect in the state in kenyata swader.

I'll say White Station will win the title again. SH doesn't have enough experience this season to make it to the title game. Don't get me wrong they're still going to be good but experience goes a long way and the Toppers don't have enough of it this year(young team this year). I still think they'll make it back to the boro. DB is a team coming out of the same district as SH and will most likely be SH's biggest competition district/region wise. DB has experience and talent this year and I also think they'll make it to the boro. The Indians will be a major threat to any team this year, trust me on that one. And you can't forget about Maryville. They should be another definate for State.