Columbia vs Coffee Co.

ladynred

Well yeah the Ladies of Columbia won but they are far from the team they had last year at this point. Our "SYSTEM " just got a kink or two in it last night we led the entire game Lions had no answer for Woo! Eaglettes will destroy them inside on Friday if Janay plays. Our Spread Delay game is superior to most we just got to get it polished a little and its Domination again. :rolleyes:

I thought the "system" was in place. You didn't lead the entire game..just the first 3 quarters. You are right Columbia is far from the team they were last year. They are much better from a chemistry standpoint. Lampley is out and by the end of they year ...oh well we'll see. Any way you are totally bogus on the Spread Delay (what book did that come out of?) you were behind.... Nobody stalls or Spread Delays when they are behind (especially with no ball handlers) Let's see, how many points off turnovers with less than 3 minutes to go for the Lady Lions ..... can you say 8. C'mon coach... and yes the answer to Woo was exactly what we did with smaller girls...take it to her and get her in foul trouble. and Oh by the way... if you want to see destroyed... miss your garanteed win Friday night with Tullahoma and come to the Lion's Den. I don't think it will proceed the way you say (or hope) C'mon over Friday if you can get in the house! Homecomming for District 8AAA player of the year last year and see all the festivities.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now calm down limerock you shouldn't talk too bad to a lady you know. System is in place and outstanding. I am afraid your homecoming festivities are going to be like Coffee's roof somewhat leaky when the Eaglettes swoop down on you Friday. If Woo can dominate and score at will on yall just think what last year's player of the year is going to do. Eaglettes by 10 or more, sorry. :rolleyes::P

Banjodr it is kind of like showing up at Columbia last year at 6:25PM for a 6:30PM game, there are just some things a person can't explain! I hope that clears up the philosophy for you.

You know I completely forgot about that. It seems like last year there was alot of excitement for you guys early on and then kind of a fizzle at the end. I know the guy probably has a pedigree but didn't coach too well last night and I though coach Moore handled the early foul trouble at post with several different looks and stayed close enough to get aggressive late and come on with a strong finish. I don't think she gets enough credit outside the Columbia area. She had to share district coach of the year last year and was undefeated but I don't have a vote so I guess I shouldn't have an opinion either. Oh well. (ladynred must have gotten her prescriptions filled she's on a roll but misguided on the Shelbyville game)

I agree Banjodr your coach has done an excellent job of bringing Columbia back to the top of the district. She better work on her inside defense though or she is going to be in trouble. They just didn't seem to be as aggressive as they were last year. Were there any players injured or not playing that we didn't know about? (other than transfer to Shelbyville)

I agree Banjodr your coach has done an excellent job of bringing Columbia back to the top of the district. She better work on her inside defense though or she is going to be in trouble. They just didn't seem to be as aggressive as they were last year. Were there any players injured or not playing that we didn't know about? (other than transfer to Shelbyville)

Actually yes, our post Carol Lamply Jr. 6'0 out with knee injury against Brentwood Acadamy. She was having her best game when she went down. She had 16 early in the 3rd quarter. She is the factor that gives us the edge similar to last year. She transferred in from Lawrence Co. The trade off between her and Amrstrong is seen mainly in the faces of the other players. I don't want to start something that could be hung up on a dressing room wall but suffice it to say you saw smiles on the Lady Lions faces before during and after the game last night and that is enough said. I wish Janay well. I think Columbia has the potential to be better than last year come tournament time. Carol will be back after Christmas. Her injury was a strain in the MCL. She was the tall girl on the bench with the immobilizer last night. Soo having said all that you are exactly right as far as defense at the post but that's her (Carol's) forte. #31 Owens isn't a true post as much as she is a 3 or 4. Bullock was suffering from a bug last night also. No excuses though.

Great game last night. Coffee County had control throughout the first three quarters, problem is they only scored 2 points in the fourth quarter. Columbia used the press well in the fourth and Coffee County couldn't handle it. The Lady Raiders only have one true ball handler and she is really hurting right now. She has played the last two games in serious pain with Patella Tendonitis and if she continues to hurt or misses any games that is going to give Coffee County some problems.

Great game last night. Coffee County had control throughout the first three quarters, problem is they only scored 2 points in the fourth quarter. Columbia used the press well in the fourth and Coffee County couldn't handle it. The Lady Raiders only have one true ball handler and she is really hurting right now. She has played the last two games in serious pain with Patella Tendonitis and if she continues to hurt or misses any games that is going to give Coffee County some problems.

hope she gets well soon

hope she gets well soon

Yea me too...Kayla is a great player. It's fun to watch her run around out there and play the game the way she does. She may be hurting but don't you think for a second that she will ask to be pulled out of the game, or miss practices. She gives it everything she's got every second no matter what....I'm not very close to the situation but with most cases of tendonitis the only way for it to get better is rest, and it's not a good time of the season to get rest. Hopefully she will get better soon, CC really needs a healthy Kayla Thompson if they want to compete for the district.

My apologies, 2dahoop, vertigo must be catching, forgot about recruits changing schools, anyway Lions will be tamed tonight, eaglettes caged after Christmas, can you say dethroned? :huh:

well i guess you were wrong abot the game last night, dont ever underestimate the lady lions, heck they beat shelbyville last year twice