12AAA FRESHMAN TEAMS

r_oneal27

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I have not seen Antioch, Glencliff or Stratford, but I have not seen a good team out of the other six. I can tell you that this is the worst year for freshman basketball I have ever seen and I go back 15 years. If Maplewood is the best team, that is not saying much. East Lit led them for 3 1/2 quarters with no player over 6'0". Of course Cantrell is playing varsity. Pearl and Hunters Lane are way down. McGavock is average. MLK is decent. I have not seen any dominant players as in years past. The post player for McGavock had a career day against us, but you could tell it was a surprise to everyone. I have really been disappointed with the level of play from every team, especially my own. I have heard that Antioch is really good. We will see in January.

Guys, I have not seen Antioch, Glencliff or Stratford, but I have not seen a good team out of the other six. I can tell you that this is the worst year for freshman basketball I have ever seen and I go back 15 years. If Maplewood is the best team, that is not saying much. East Lit led them for 3 1/2 quarters with no player over 6'0". Of course Cantrell is playing varsity. Pearl and Hunters Lane are way down. McGavock is average. MLK is decent. I have not seen any dominant players as in years past. The post player for McGavock had a career day against us, but you could tell it was a surprise to everyone. I have really been disappointed with the level of play from every team, especially my own. I have heard that Antioch is really good. We will see in January.

i must agree freshmen ball is way down i have seen glenclif antioch and stratford out of those teams Antioch is the best but they just lost to glencliff last night but antioch is missing 2 starting post men. all of the schools in the city are down. Startford just has one player that shoots for them antioch killed them. What is the problem in the city??????????????????

WOW, well with that being said(stratford getting blowed out). Whites Creek is terrible than, because Stratford blew them out.

I don't know what is going on. Antioch has the advantage of having JFK's(19-1) team in tact. Those guys are used to playing together. The other schools are trying to blend feeder schools. Stratford should've been good with Dalewood winning the city. Of course Cantrell is at Maplewood. Bohannon is the only one i recognize off of that team. Bass had Eric Gordon who is at Hillsboro(instead of Pearl - Cohn). McGavock would've had Tavaress Jefferson who is at ensworth. E-Lit would've had Miles. So between players going to different schools(public and private) and some players not playing at all for whatever reason, FR ball is way down. Or has everybody moved to the Antioch zone???,lol HL for the first time that I can remember has had no talent coming from its feeder schools.

does anybody know how overton,hillsboro,hillwood abd who is east lit best players i keep hearing that they hustle and stay in games they just cant pull em out. If antioch can get there post player back i beleive they will win the city they by far have the best guards. At most schools Terrance would be playing varstiy but all that talent on there varsity team they left him down to play freshmen.

YOU GUYS ARE RIGHT IT IS NOT LOOKING GOD IN THE CITY, HL IS NOT GOOD NOR IS MCG, PEARL IS BELOW AVERAGE MLK AND MAPLEWOOD SHOULD BE O. K. THEY HAVE KIDS THAT CAN BALL BUT I HAVEN'T SEEN THEM PLAY YET(IF ANYONE HAS LET ME KNOW WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE...WHAT IS SNELLING @ MW DOING )

THINK ABOUT THIS MAYBE THE PAST TWO YEARS 12AAA FREAHMAN SET THE BAR SO HIGH THAT THESE KIDS CANT ACHIEVE.

YOU GUYS ARE RIGHT IT IS NOT LOOKING GOD IN THE CITY, HL IS NOT GOOD NOR IS MCG, PEARL IS BELOW AVERAGE MLK AND MAPLEWOOD SHOULD BE O. K. THEY HAVE KIDS THAT CAN BALL BUT I HAVEN'T SEEN THEM PLAY YET(IF ANYONE HAS LET ME KNOW WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE...WHAT IS SNELLING @ MW DOING )

THINK ABOUT THIS MAYBE THE PAST TWO YEARS 12AAA FREAHMAN SET THE BAR SO HIGH THAT THESE KIDS CANT ACHIEVE.

Snelling looks pretty good i think last friday was his first game he had a double double the big kid from mcgavock played well against him though Pearl Chin is horrible i dont think a kid from there team will make varsity next year but i must say they hustle there butt off

well the wood playes antiock friday and if antiock is good then we will see a good game i just wish they would let cantrell play 2 quarters like they did bubba. he played 2 quarters freshman then started varsity and played 4 quarters and i hope the post players play also so we as ball fans can get a glims of the future. i think maplewood will win the city because i think we have a good coach and if he coaches well with the talent that he has then this will be easy the city champs i mean :thumb: Edited by r_oneal27

well remember now there is cantrell and he is leading the varsity and that speaks volumes of him. :thumb:

Maybe 11-AAA has the better teams overall this year.

MBA is really good, Father Ryan too, and of course Ensworth should be after they stole three good players from 12-AAA programs in Pope, Jefferson, and Miles whatever his last name is. They could throw out two tackling dummies with those three and be pretty good.

I too was surprised at the level of the 12-AAA teams after seeing three of them play early on. If Stratford is one of the better teams, everyone must be way down. East Lit and Stratford both play hard and are well coached but I do believe that all of the 11-AAA teams that I have seen would handle them (I have not seen Hillwood, Ravenwood, Hillsboro though).

Antioch ought to win every game in a cakewalk with their talent.