12AAA FRESHMAN TEAMS

r_oneal27

well the wood playes antiock friday and if antiock is good then we will see a good game i just wish they would let cantrell play 2 quarters like they did bubba. he played 2 quarters freshman then started varsity and played 4 quarters and i hope the post players play also so we as ball fans can get a glims of the future. i think maplewood will win the city because i think we have a good coach and if he coaches well with the talent that he has then this will be easy the city champs i mean :thumb:

they do play them but one of antich best players will not be playing until after Christmas

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe 11-AAA has the better teams overall this year.

MBA is really good, Father Ryan too, and of course Ensworth should be after they stole three good players from 12-AAA programs in Pope, Jefferson, and Miles whatever his last name is. They could throw out two tackling dummies with those three and be pretty good.

I too was surprised at the level of the 12-AAA teams after seeing three of them play early on. If Stratford is one of the better teams, everyone must be way down. East Lit and Stratford both play hard and are well coached but I do believe that all of the 11-AAA teams that I have seen would handle them (I have not seen Hillwood, Ravenwood, Hillsboro though).

Antioch ought to win every game in a cakewalk with their talent.

Big Poppa, when do you play Hillwood? How are the Bobcats doing so far? 12 AAA really is as bad as people say. It amazes me how far it has dropped off. I just don't get it. Who is the team to beat in 11 AAA?

I've seen some of the middle schools play this yr...........not much help on the way either. I've seen Litton,Dalewood, MLK, Bellevue, McKissack, and JT Moore.

Oh yeah, Big Poppa, u can put those three out there by themselves(Ensworth group of Miles,Jefferson, Pope) and they'll beat half of 12-aaa FR.

ive got to go to ensworth to see these guys and see what all the talk is and like i said the 12aaa will always go done when top players are taken form their districts but i cant blame their parents its all for the kids and metro keeps getting worse each year, cutting schools and teachers i wonder whats next probably closing high schools in metro period and im sure the school board wouldn't even care because its not their kids. :thumb:

ive got to go to ensworth to see these guys and see what all the talk is and like i said the 12aaa will always go done when top players are taken form their districts but i cant blame their parents its all for the kids and metro keeps getting worse each year, cutting schools and teachers i wonder whats next probably closing high schools in metro period and im sure the school board wouldn't even care because its not their kids. :thumb:

i like the three from ensworth and have seen them play on many occasions and i am not seeing what the fuss is all about if they where playing ball in metro they would help there respective teams but they would be no savior last year as good as tavares was he still had trouble with terrance davis from antioch and terrance outplayed him every time they played last year and in the summer miles is a solid player quick first step very active but i know of a few players in metro that have given him a lot of problems Gary i think will be the best out of the three and i have seen kids out play him as well. I just think the overall talent is down and it happens like that every now and then in metro middle school ball is horrible this year too.

YOu are right TN Fire. ITs just the 3 put together make a deadly combination. I think Cantrell is better than all three(thats why he is leading maplewood's varsity). As good as dalewood was last yr, they don't win it without cantrell. That JFK team last yr(this yrs Antioch FR) was pretty good.

I forgot to mention I have seen JFK and WHarton(always horrible) in middle school. JFK put up 84 pts(in 6 min. qtrs). They've got a post that finishes well around the basket, MLK has two posts who are pretty good(one has hops!!)

JFK is probably the best team i've seen. Bellevue could be good if they tone their streetball antics down. JT Moore has a decent team not great. Bellevue beat MLK, JT Moore beat Bellevue, MLK beat JT Moore. anybody's yr??? Haven't seen Gra-Mar.

Big Chief, Again I would say the three private schools would be the best of the bunch in 11-AAA with probably Franklin and the Overton following up. We don't see Hillsboro until the end of the season.

Our little group is 2-3 with some very dissapointing losses to Franklin, MBA, and Father Ryan. Well, dissapointing play so far to be honest and even worse coaching.

Hillwood is just pittiful, I believe the final was 77-19..................

Big Chief, Again I would say the three private schools would be the best of the bunch in 11-AAA with probably Franklin and the Overton following up. We don't see Hillsboro until the end of the season.

Our little group is 2-3 with some very dissapointing losses to Franklin, MBA, and Father Ryan. Well, dissapointing play so far to be honest and even worse coaching.

Hillwood is just pittiful, I believe the final was 77-19..................

Antioch looks like the team to beat this year they just beat mapelwood and cantrell played for the first half. Antioch beat them and they where missing there 2 top inside players but i must say it will come down to these teams again. Terrance Davis and Zellburg Gleaves where the top players for Antioch and Justin was really good for mapelwood

Edited by tnfire

Stick around. The second half is going to be interesting with MLK, J.T. Moore, and Bellevue. Each of these teams are 3-1. Head is 4-0 but have not played any of these teams yet. Moore had a couple of players that, lets just say got a "little dirty" during its game with MLK. So they are definitely going to want redemption and especially since the game will be at Moore. No disrepect to Bellevue but MLK lost that game by their own doing. Big rivalry is on 12/15 when MLK plays Head. This one is for bragging rights since Head feeds into MLK and some of the players at MLK come from Head. ;)

i like the three from ensworth and have seen them play on many occasions and i am not seeing what the fuss is all about if they where playing ball in metro they would help there respective teams but they would be no savior last year as good as tavares was he still had trouble with terrance davis from antioch and terrance outplayed him every time they played last year and in the summer miles is a solid player quick first step very active but i know of a few players in metro that have given him a lot of problems Gary i think will be the best out of the three and i have seen kids out play him as well. I just think the overall talent is down and it happens like that every now and then in metro middle school ball is horrible this year too.

I think talent goes down because coaching goes down. My son plays middle school ball. This is the "first" time in his 13 years of life that he has a "real" coach. He has played on summer league teams, AAU teams. etc.. and it has been a joke. He did not learn anymore then he already learned playing for PAL, "run and gun". I don't think he is the only one affected by this syndrome. Hopefully, we are on the right track now.

Ebbybm, where does he play now?

My son is an 8th grader at MLK. He is a defensive monster, but needs to work on his offense. He is a little streaking on offensive. He needs to build up his confidence. He has always been placed on teams for defense. But when he is "on" he will give you anywhere from 6 to 10 points. You will always get rebounds and pretty good assist.