An open Letter to the Siegel Nation

StarsPres

In regard to your first few sentences there....high school, college, pro all levels of sports are about marketability and appeal. As a whole, boys basketball is more appealing to the masses. Thats no secret. Thats why you can go to see Duke girls play any time you want but good luck trying to get a ticket for any Duke guys game this year.

That being said I'm not against girls basketball or cheering for them however, The main group of guys cannot make people do stuff they do not want to regardless of whether we want to. I completely understand that theres a responsibility to cheer for both but its hard to get something like that going when it wasn't started from the beginning like it was for the guys games.

Hoolie, you are one of the greatest posters here. Your knowledge of sports is exceptional. You must to a great organizer and one which is respected by most all of the nation.(Most all means can't always be 100%) The nation is recognized as Siegel's student body and is recognized, without any reasonable objection, as the best in the state. even at the volleyball state, people came in and asked if the Nation was going to be there. A group of the ex nation grads came in and picked up the middle school volleyball team and the mini Nation was formed and you would have thought it was the the real thing.............with only 4 leaders. Now all of the sports championships are coming to the Boro and does that mean the the Nation is going to fizzle out as these events transpire. Makes you wonder if the Nation is in the building sitting right behind the team and has some difficulty in cheering. What I think you may mean it may be difficult to exhibit all of the energy you obviously do at the boys games. You only know that. Can the nation do just some things? Cause some noise or develop an auxillary? You are an exceptional group and put on a great show and market the product and whether you cheer or not, you represent your school as a GREAT CHEERING SECTION. You add to the excitement of the event and I think what is being asked is to acknowledge a team that is trying to extablish a tradition as has the boys team.

I, for one, think the Nation will do the right thing whatever that is. You really have too much at stake? I hope you will use some of the originality and effort you used at starting the Nation to help solve this problem.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we can get some support for the girls team but I will say for a fact it is impossible to go two games at the pace of a guys game ha. I came straight home and flopped on the bed last night after just the guys game...not in bball shape yet ha, but we will be trying to get something going because it does look bad when the girls game is over then we stand up, and the girls do deserve it.

Siegel[/url]_Nation' post='825863937' date='Dec 7 2005 - 07:59 PM']

I hope we can get some support for the girls team but I will say for a fact it is impossible to go two games at the pace of a guys game ha. I came straight home and flopped on the bed last night after just the guys game...not in bball shape yet ha, but we will be trying to get something going because it does look bad when the girls game is over then we stand up, and the girls do deserve it.

We certainly don't want you to over-exert yourselves, just would like to hear a little noise.

As a basketball "purist", I enjoy the girls' game much more. More discipline, more strategy, more pure basketball. Guys' games tend to be faster, but also more out-of-control, more one-on-one type moves. Give me a skilled passer/shooter and lots of teamwork anyday.

Of course I have a daughter playing, and I married a highly skilled female b-baller, but I also have a son. It's just a different game. I enjoy both, but the girls play more of a skill game, and the boys game is more centered on individual skills rather than team skills.