halls vs oak ridge

hhsheftylefty10

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oak Ridge has a college type coach in Mr. Norris. Prepares like no other. His teams always play with such confidence and class. A direct reflection of their Head coach. Not to say that Webster is not a good coach as well, but I believe Oak Ridge will get a close victory. Another thing about a Norris coached team is that they get better as the season goes on. So if Oak Ridge is to be had, earlier in the district schedule is the opportunity to get it done. Example: Oak Ridge at Campbell County where the Ridgers were tested.

Oak Ridge by 10 plus in this one, i just dont th ink Halls matches up against Oak Ridge very well at all and the depth will be a factor against Halls going into the 4th quarter.

Depth is an issue for Halls but from what I heard from a friend who was at the game is Oak Ridge only played 6 players against Clinton Sat. night so it sounds like depth is an issue for both teams.

Edited by hhsbball12

Oak Ridge lost the two games before football season was over and the roster was filled with freshman who are no longer on the team. The team that lost those games does not exist in that form anymore. I am not counting out Halls or any other team in the future, I am just pointing out that the Oak Ridge team that will play on Monday was not the team that lost to Sullivan South and William Blount.

O.R BIG!!! Central exposed Sharps weakness. They put a big stronger player on him that really gave him problems and took him out of his game. I am a big fan of Sharp and consider him the premier Pt. G. in E. Tn. But after seeing the Central game it is obvious he has some offensive issues he will have to address if he is going to play on the D I level which I think he can. Needs to be able to shoot a pull up jumper, also his 3 pt. shot needs to improve, strength was another weakness that was exposed in the Central game. Anothe problem with Halls is the absence of any depth. They don't have any help from the Bench. They are one injury away from a mediocore season at best.

im thinking this game will be close or at least down to the last few minutes ....halls has a known depth problem but if your starters are conditioned enough then that wont effect us that much....it hasnt so far....oak ridge has an obvious size advantage but i think if we control the boards (which is going to be very hard) and stay fresh then the game is ours....go devils .....ill be there rootin for em

im thinking this game will be close or at least down to the last few minutes ....halls has a known depth problem but if your starters are conditioned enough then that wont effect us that much....it hasnt so far....oak ridge has an obvious size advantage but i think if we control the boards (which is going to be very hard) and stay fresh then the game is ours....go devils .....ill be there rootin for em

I have seen Halls play twice and it appears that their starting 5 are very well conditioned and the Coach is utilizing his bench to give them rest when he can. Conditioning in my mind isn't as big a concern as foul trouble or injury. I really like their first 5. They complement each other and seem to understand their roles. The undersized post player just wore Central out down the stretch Friday night and the 2 tall lanky kids played well. I am not familiar with their names. If Halls had 2 quality back up, one in the post and one on the prerimeter I could see them winning the district.

Is this game at Halls? If so I might have to drive over the Hill and watch the game.

I have seen Halls play twice and it appears that their starting 5 are very well conditioned and the Coach is utilizing his bench to give them rest when he can. Conditioning in my mind isn't as big a concern as foul trouble or injury. I really like their first 5. They complement each other and seem to understand their roles. The undersized post player just wore Central out down the stretch Friday night and the 2 tall lanky kids played well. I am not familiar with their names. If Halls had 2 quality back up, one in the post and one on the prerimeter I could see them winning the district.

Is this game at Halls? If so I might have to drive over the Hill and watch the game.

yea the games at halls

yea the games at halls

This should be a whale of a game. I'd love to watch it but I will be occupied. I see this game as a close game. I love the way Halls' players play together. They really are a "team". On the other hand, Oak Ridge has the swagger that all great teams have. Grant Domsic is probably the most mentally tough player I've seen in the district in several years. He just makes play after play down the stretch. Plus, Oak Ridge has great athletes and a great perimeter shooter in Younkin. They are tough to beat. I would imagine that Coffey could give Cameron some problems from a physical standpoint. But, if Halls gets up early, they will be tough to come back on because those kids know how to play with a lead.